DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Am in town for business for a few days and booked the Hilton thinking that "Hey, it's a Hilton, it'll be nice". Not so much... It's right off of I-95 which makes it really noisy. The rooms have thin walls - i.e. As I write this I'm listening to my neighbors dog barking like crazy (don't even know if the hotel allows dogs). The commode wasn't clean. I'd requested a refrigerator in the room and was told it was an extra $10.00 per day, even though the web site states that refrigerators were standard in each room.
Last night I stayed in a Courtyard by Marriott and the room was nicer and larger than this Hilton. 2 more night here, but so far I'm not impressed.

Room Tip: Perhaps request one on the east side of hotel as the interstate is on the west, and is quite noisy.
1  Thank trvlerjenn
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to our hotel. I am sorry that you were unhappy with your accomodations. I shared your comments regarding your bathroom with our housekeeping staff. As a pet friendly hotel, we try to be diligent to insure that someone's pet does not intrude on other guest's peaceful enjoyment of their accomodations.
I hope you will consider staying with us again if you are in the area.

walter.chapman@hilton.com

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton

Reviewed October 22, 2012

No valet parking, but not needed. They do need more check-in help. Room was nice, not elegant but no dump either. It was perfectly fine for a couple of nights. No complaints. Clean, up-to-date. Bathroom was good. Overall a decent place. Would I recommend it as a 5 star hotel, No...........but if you are looking for a hotel in the area that is comfortable and clean. Don't be concerned. I had a group rate of about $80 per night and it was well worth that. Would I pay $175....nope......

Overall assessment, not bad if the price is right........don't pay a premium price and you will be fine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty. We look for reviews to provide insight into our property and your comments will help us to continue evaluating our current offerings. We will make sure our staffing needs are met so that guests can get through our check-in and check-out process fairly quickly and efficiently. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share that could help make us your number one hotel choice in the area.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed there this weekend. The first night was okay. The second night my sister turned off the AC and smoke filled our room. We couldn't even breathe in the room. We went down to the front desk and the rep said that was normal because the heat doesnt get used often and dust settles. We went back up and the smoke was unbearable. We went back to the front desk and the rep said he could literally smell the smoke on us. Maintenance came up and said that was NOT normal. He had to put on a GAS MASK to enter the room. All our clothes smelled like smoke.

They moved us to another room and offered us free breakfast. We woke up the next day and found baby ANTS moving around in the sheets we had just slept in. The front desk agent said "There is not excuse but this is Florida." HELLO?! So all Florida hotels have bugs crawling through their sheets. Also do not deal with the front desk. Elizabeth is condencing and will LIE straight through her teeth. She initially told us their was no manager there then 30 minutes later the Food and Beverage manager comes to help.

DO NOT STAY HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Room Tip: Stay somehwere, ANYWHERE else!
2  Thank Britt N
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your frank comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for the difficulties you pointed out as guest comfort and safety is our highest priority. I have reviewed your comments with our Front Desk and Maintenance teams to make sure we understand guest expectations. Our Maintenance team has corrected the issues with the room.
I hope you will consider giving us another chance if you are back in the area.
Please contact me directly at 954-422-1773 and I would be happy to make the arrangements.

Thank you again.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Had a nice stay at this Hilton property. Was there for work and had a number of meetings to attend. The room was spacious and nice. The furnishings were a little worn, but otherwise fine.

I was a little disappointed that they didn't have rooms ready at a reasonable hour. I had to wait a few extra hours, and then didn't get the room type I had requested because it still wasn't ready yet. The staff said they had a lot of cruise passengers checking out, which delayed the turn around.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and the fact that we were sold out is no excuse for this situation. We thank you for choosing our location and hope you will return to experience a great level of service.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We upgraded to this hotel after a nightmarish experience with Bahamas Cruise Vacations in Orlando....we'd read about the awful Ramada in Fort Lauderdale where we were supposed to stay, and decided to come here instead, and were we ever glad we did!

The front desk manager, Jeffrey, was absolutely wonderful. He was so kind and sympathetic to the problems we'd had with our previous hotel that he allowed us to view several rooms to see which one would best suit our needs. We ended up with a lovely room with a high vaulted ceiling, and it was beautifully decorated, and recently updated. Everything was clean and very orderly.

The restaurant was also fantastic, and the breakfast the next morning was simply delicious. It was included with our room, but for those who had to pay, it was certainly worth it. The muffins were so tasty, soft and fresh, there was tasty crisp bacon, potatoes, eggs and other items. It was just a pleasure to eat there. We also had dinner the previous evening, and it was also terrific.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel, it was one of the nicest ones we'd stayed in on our trip to Florida, and I was so impressed with Jeffrey that I wrote a letter to the owner of the hotel praising his service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the vaulted ceiling, it was very fresh smelling and clean and spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit and have shared your comments with Jeffrey and the rest of the staff as well.
We look forward to seeing you again in near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed In your hotel for a few days. We were on a vacation and used your hotel as our home base. We loved everything until our last night when there was a convention for recovering drug addicts. This group was extremely boisterous and literally took over the whole hotel, we couldn't get near the pool area, they were smoking all over the place even in places where people were eating, they literally filled the main lobby and the common areas such as hallways, the coffee shop and the gym. Young members of this group wandered the hallways of the guest rooms areas and visited each other's rooms all the while yelling and banging doors as they came and went. They used the front portico as a gathering place where motor cycles were revved over and over and conversations were conducted in loud and aggressive voices right up until 0330 which was the time we had to leave to catch our very early flight back to Canada at 0545 on Sunday Sept 30th 2012. Needless to say we got no sleep whatsoever! Call the front desk you might think-we did it made no difference whatsoever, these people just did what they wanted with no consideration for other guests or the staff whatsoever. So, we won't use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to our hotel. I have shared your positive comments with our staff.
I apologize for the group that was in our hotel during your final night. I am sure it was very frustrating. We are very sensitive to the peace and quiet of our customers and strive to make sure that everyone has a pleasant experience.
I hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to demonstrate our outstanding customer service.
Please contact me directly and I will be happy to take care of the arrangements personally.

Thank you again.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed on business. Comfortable and close to everything.It was very nice to have access to the concire lounge . Try to get a room with a view of the golf ourselves driving range.The parking lot side dels with the noise from the interstate.

Room Tip: It is better to overlook the adjacent golf course as opposed to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

We thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield Beach
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield...
#2 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beac...
#6 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton, Curio Collection by Hilton
Comfort Inn Oceanside
Comfort Inn Oceanside
#10 of 18 in Deerfield Beach

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton? Share your experiences!