DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
seattle
“Mediocre Hilton”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Hilton Deerfield Beach review:

One night, end of August advance rate of $80. Check-in was ok after waiting for a "silver" member in front of me (who was loudly given an upgrade to the VIP floor and breakfast coupons by the front desk staff). My turn - nope, room not ready but wait, the Silver in front of me decided to change to two doubles instead of a king on the VIP floor. How about this room? Well, this was available. The executive lounge closes at 9am on Friday so not available during my stay and was given 1 drink coupon in lieu of the lounge and a full buffet breakfast.

Room - as stated before, fairly outdated, small bathroom, mediocre furnishings. Quiet. Bathtub took an hour to drain (housekeeping should really be aware of these problems beofre check-in if they clean the tub)

Bar - decent food at reasonable prices.

Side note: Executive golf course (par 62) next door that is average at best but easy to sharpen up short game skills. $15 with cart.

This is a very mediocre Hilton and I'd give it 4/10 but the price was good. Doubt I'll be staying there again.

Room Tip: Some have golf course view but nothing really special.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank drtravels
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Guest feedback is very important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. Our maintenance team has been notified of the condition of your bathroom and they have corrected the issue. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

walter.chapman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 18, 2012

pet friendly rooms have an odor, the pool area was small & crowded. pool bartender inattentive
pet charged a fee for staying - same price for 1 night or 7 nights
too close to 95 noise, about 4 miles to beach
nice grand ballroom for parties

Room Tip: go to the beach, the pool area is small & cramped
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
dfld, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. Comments such as yours are valuable tools in helping us to improve and all comments are shared with our staff.

Hopefully we will see you again in the near future.

Thank you again.

Warminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night on our Florida tour. Booked online and got a good deal. The hotel is very nice, one of the larger Hiltons with conference facilities, and nice swimming pool. The staff is very friendly and my wife an I enjoyed our stay.

We didn't have dinner in the hotel, but the breakfast was of a high standard.

On checkin we were upgraded to the concierge floor, however as it was a weekend the lounge was not open, so although it was an upgrade, I'm not sue how we benefited from the upgrade, maybe we got a slightly nicer room.

I would recommend this hotel, but don't get conned into the "romance package" that was advertised on hilton.com. The deal was B&B and champagne in the room. When we checked in the reception clerk had no knowledge of this package as she couldn't see it as part of our booking. Fortunately, I had a print out so she went ahead and asked when we would like our champagne. I said it would have it in our room straight away and within 10 minutes or so it arrived in our room.

The problem was that the bottle that arrived was merely cheap Californian sparkling wine not "champagne". I went down to reception and told them of the mistake, and ended up explaining to the duty manager that champagne came from France and was not the same as sparkling wine. Eventually she saw my point of view and said that she would sent some Moet to the room. After about an hour the "champagne" did arrive, however it was still cheap sparkling wine with a label saying it was "Californian Champagne". Tired of explaining to the duty manager we accepted this cheap alternative, but I was insulted that she had said one thing and done another. I was also insulted that she thought I would accept it.

So, the moral of the story is that hotel staff are not trained to know the difference between wine and champagne, cognac and brandy and presumably a Bentley and a Kia (as they are both only cars in their eyes).

Very disappointed we were effectively conned into thinking we were getting one thing but receiving a cheap alternative.

Room Tip: Overlook the golf course not main road
6 Thank Berkshire_UK
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with our hotel. I apologize for your visit not meeting your expectations as comfort and safety are our highest priorities for our guests. While our Romance Package is one of our most popular packages, I have reviewed your comments with our Front Desk Team in an attempt to make sure everyone is aware of what our guests are expecting. I invite you to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area so we can provide a true Hilton experience. You can contact me directly and I will be happy to make the arrangements.

Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Great hotel! Very nice room, large and comfortable. The bed & pillows were excellent. In-house restaurant is expensive but the chef does wonders with the menu. The staff is most accommodating in meeting guest requests. There is a free shuttle available to take guests to off-site restaurants. On-stie 24/7 security guards patrolled the parking lot ... made us feel extremely safe.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor available on the seaside of the facility.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for writing about your visit to our hotel. I have shared your comments with our staff. We hope to see you again very soon.

954-4272-1773
Parkland, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here 7/28/12 for one night. We checked in and were surprised of the $25 deposit fee but it was refundable when we left the next day. Our room was absolutely spacious! nice king size bed was so comfortable. Headboard had a light on it. Nice view of the pool and bathroom was really nice too. Had a hairdryer and shampoo and conditioner, and mouthwash, soap, shower cap. body lotion. Something you don't usually think Hilton hotels would have. The pool was the perfect temperature, and the hot tub was just perfect as well. Saw the fitness center but didn't use it. Staff was very nice as well! Very clean and no bugs! Room was very comfortable and relaxing! Plenty of parking! Excellent location off of I-95. Would definitely stay here again:)

Room Tip: Ice machine is located next to elevators!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again in the near future.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the property July 14th-17th. I don't understand the negative reviews-the room we stayed in was 517-large and clean.Housekeeping was excellent.The onsite restaurant served excellent food at normal hotel prices.The bar stayed open to midnight and the staff extremely friendly.The pool area clean and spacious.The room rates were reasonable and the parking was free.In addition-you are close to I 95 which is extremely convenient.The front desk personnel were helpful and courteous.We have stayed at the property four times in less than two years and have zero complaints.

Charles Gray
New Jersey

Room Tip: request a higher floor away from the elevators
1 Thank duck46777
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return.
I have shared your comments with our staff.

Thank you again.

Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2012

ITEM STOLEN FROM ROOM!! Purchased shoes on Thurs evening and placed them (still in footlocker bag) along with my other shoes but when I got up Saturday to put the shoes on they were not where I placed them. I recall seeing the bag Friday before morning conference; however did not miss them until Saturday. Front desk and housekeeping just said "we're sorry but nothing like this has ever happened-our staff would never take items from rooms". I talked to a supervisor and filed an incident report ( which they would not give me a copy of), she said the general manager would contact me. He did 2 days later and said "unfortunately there is nothing I can do, my housekeeper is as honest as the day is long and I don't believe she took your shoes. Basically saying I made this up. He was very unconcerned about my complaint but strongly defended his staff although they were the only ones to enter the room besides my husband and I. Management should be ashamed to uphold staff for stealing quests belonging. There were several complaints during my stay related missing items that staff had taken including a cell phone, ring, and money. But thanks Hilton other than that my stay was pleasant......Thank God for Living Christ!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank t m
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to our hotel. We found them very helpful and useful in identifying what we need to work on. We are making some improvements to our rooms that will hopefully address some of your concerns.

I passed along your comments to our staff.

We look forward to seeing you again to let us know how we are doing.

954-427-7700
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield...
#2 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beac...
#7 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Comfort Inn Oceanside
Comfort Inn Oceanside
#10 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton? Share your experiences!