DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Reviewed May 2, 2012

First, the staff is adequate. Some are better than others, much like anyplace else - but - this hotel is in desperate need of a renovation. We stayed in a 'high floor, deluxe king room' with a balcony. It rained while we were there and the balcony drained into the room. The windows were oxidized and all we could see were white blotches when we looked out the windows. During the rain, the satellite TV cuts out for long periods. One of the days we stayed, housekeeping completely missed our room and we didn't discover it until we returned late one evening. Asking for clean towels and a refresh for the in-room coffee was a big deal. No offer to make up for the miss. The toilet was disgusting and in need of a good cleaning . There are many better hotels in the area for the money.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelsOffen
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for your comments and sorry for the disappointments. We are working hard to get some renovations done. We have started with the fitness center and hopefully next is new TVs. Missing your room and the condition of the toilet have been discussed with the appropriate parties. We always try to learn from our mistakes.
If you have a minute to send an email or give me a call, I would welcome some additional details.
Thank you again and hopefully you will reconsider visiting our property again.
My contact information is below.

walter.chapman@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed April 29, 2012

After reading a lot of these reviews after we have booked our weekend stay, I was a bit concerned and actually contemplated cancelling our reservation. I am so glad we didnt! The staff was great! The room was clean and beautiful! Hotel is very nice! I would definitely recommend staying here. I would most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and didnt have any issues.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Thanks for the feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your visit. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

This was a business trip, so my needs are very simple. The staff was universally pleasant & helpful and the location is terrific. My room size was good and the central air was delightfully quiet. However, the elliptical stairmasters in the fitness center needed maintenance, the carpet in my room was dirty, and the internet speed was slow. In the hotel restaurant the grouper crab combination was mediocre and the beer selection was very narrow. I will return - for business purposes.

2  Thank RollCaster

Thank you for your response. I passed along the comments regarding our staff. We are in the process of upgrading the fitness center with all new looks and equipment. Your points regarding cleanliness, internet speed and the food & beverage items have been discussed with the appropriate staff. Hopefully we will be able to improve on your next experience.

Thanks again.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed here for 5 days and I must say that the staff here is what makes this hotel work. The airline decided that my luggage could travel on its own. So while I arrive with out bags, the staff made sure I had what I needed to survive. A nod to Tatianna at the front desk. She was very helpful and made sure that when my bag arrive I was notified immediately.

The hotel is convenient off the highway. Next to a golf course. Quiet street. Close to restaurants and shopping. Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time again to comment on your experience here. I passed along your voice mail message to Tatianna as well. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

This hotel is amazing! Ate every meal off the menu and enjoyed my time in the restaurant. Rooms were very clean and I slept very well. I will be returning.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank TheTruthHasBeenTold
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and the food and room were to your liking.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

- I travel 2x per month for work all over the country, and honestly cannot remember the last time I had a room without an LCD.
-Wi-Fi is sketchy at best.
-Bed was well past its replace date, and was horrifically uncomfortable.
-Carpet was well worn, somewhat torn, and filthy.
-Bathtub stopper was broken, so I had to pull it. Not that it mattered, as the drain frequently backed up.
-Shower lost pressure when anyone in the building flushed a toilet.
-Paperthin walls/doors means you hear everything, conversations, elevators... everything.
-Speaking of the elevators, one of them consistently made a noise that had everyone giving each other glances. I checked the posted certificate: expired six months ago.

To sum it up: old, dirty, worn, tired.
The good? Staff at the counter was always friendly, workout room was nice.

Definitely won't be staying again, and overall disappointed.

1  Thank IndyBruin

Thank you for your recent comments and I am sorry about the issues you experienced while you were here. Just so you know we are in the process of renovating our fitness center and have been given approval to start a television upgrade. Having said that I have shared your comments with the appropriate parties.
I also shared your comments regarding the staff with those staff members.
Hopefully you will change your mind and consider returning at some point.
We are working on it.
Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

This review is really 3 months in the making. My (now) wife and I got married in the Boca area and the Hilton Deerfield Beach was recommended to us by our wedding planner. Christelle was our main point of contact throughout the process, and was fantastic. Her and the rest of the staff answered any questions our guests had, they even offered us suggestions which made planning our stay and event much easier. During our stay, I can honestly say that we did not have to worry about one thing. The rooms were fantastic, breakfast was amazing, and we did not hear of one guest complaint. After our wedding we invited those who wanted to continue the celebration back to the Hilton and we all hung out either in the bar area or around the pool. The staff was very friendly, and accomodating to our needs. Thank you so much Christelle and the rest of the staff - you truly had a huge part making our wedding weekend a success - I wish I would've written this sooner. Thank You Again!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joe P
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Better late than never. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I have shared with everyone.
We love it when you have a great experience.
Maybe we will see you on your anniversary???

Hilton Deerfield Beach
354-422-1773

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield...
#3 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beac...
#7 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton, Curio Collection by Hilton
Hyatt Place Boca Raton/Downtown

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton? Share your experiences!