“Staff makes this hotel...”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Maryland
“Staff makes this hotel...”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed here for 5 days and I must say that the staff here is what makes this hotel work. The airline decided that my luggage could travel on its own. So while I arrive with out bags, the staff made sure I had what I needed to survive. A nod to Tatianna at the front desk. She was very helpful and made sure that when my bag arrive I was notified immediately.

The hotel is convenient off the highway. Next to a golf course. Quiet street. Close to restaurants and shopping. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time again to comment on your experience here. I passed along your voice mail message to Tatianna as well. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

walter.chapman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This hotel is amazing! Ate every meal off the menu and enjoyed my time in the restaurant. Rooms were very clean and I slept very well. I will be returning.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank TheTruthHasBeenTold
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and the food and room were to your liking.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Sincerely
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed April 16, 2012

- I travel 2x per month for work all over the country, and honestly cannot remember the last time I had a room without an LCD.
-Wi-Fi is sketchy at best.
-Bed was well past its replace date, and was horrifically uncomfortable.
-Carpet was well worn, somewhat torn, and filthy.
-Bathtub stopper was broken, so I had to pull it. Not that it mattered, as the drain frequently backed up.
-Shower lost pressure when anyone in the building flushed a toilet.
-Paperthin walls/doors means you hear everything, conversations, elevators... everything.
-Speaking of the elevators, one of them consistently made a noise that had everyone giving each other glances. I checked the posted certificate: expired six months ago.

To sum it up: old, dirty, worn, tired.
The good? Staff at the counter was always friendly, workout room was nice.

Definitely won't be staying again, and overall disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IndyBruin
Thank you for your recent comments and I am sorry about the issues you experienced while you were here. Just so you know we are in the process of renovating our fitness center and have been given approval to start a television upgrade. Having said that I have shared your comments with the appropriate parties.
I also shared your comments regarding the staff with those staff members.
Hopefully you will change your mind and consider returning at some point.
We are working on it.
Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

Sincerely
Hollywood
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This review is really 3 months in the making. My (now) wife and I got married in the Boca area and the Hilton Deerfield Beach was recommended to us by our wedding planner. Christelle was our main point of contact throughout the process, and was fantastic. Her and the rest of the staff answered any questions our guests had, they even offered us suggestions which made planning our stay and event much easier. During our stay, I can honestly say that we did not have to worry about one thing. The rooms were fantastic, breakfast was amazing, and we did not hear of one guest complaint. After our wedding we invited those who wanted to continue the celebration back to the Hilton and we all hung out either in the bar area or around the pool. The staff was very friendly, and accomodating to our needs. Thank you so much Christelle and the rest of the staff - you truly had a huge part making our wedding weekend a success - I wish I would've written this sooner. Thank You Again!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joe P
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Better late than never. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I have shared with everyone.
We love it when you have a great experience.
Maybe we will see you on your anniversary???

354-422-1773
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We were staying overnight for a quick pleasure/business trip. Our room was very nice, but just off from the elevators. Even so, it was not as noisy as I was afraid it might get. The bed was fabulous. I loved the down comforter. Negatives about the room: the bathroom was small, which was OK, but the toilet was so low, I had to use the sink to help me up. There was also no exhaust fan. I was grateful for the grab bar in the shower because the tub was slippery.

The pool and hot tub were delightful, even though the hot tub could have used a good cleaning. We did not eat there, so no opinion about the restaurant. The staff was very pleasant and very helpful. I would say here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
We appreciate your comments about your recent visit to our hotel. We discuss all Trip Advisor responses and find them to be very helpful. We also apologize for the shortcomings in the bathroom but will look to improve. Hopefully you will return soon and be able to give our restaurant a try.
Thank you again.

951-422-1773
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This hotel has a nice lounge and has been nicely re-done. The HHonors floor is quiet and has nice natural lighting in the hallways. It's a very nice hotel for the area since many of the hotels around Boca are fairly dated. I would not rank it as the nicest Hilton I've ever been to, but again, relative to other hotels in the area that I have stayed with, it is nice. The staff was very nice upon check-in, although not as friendly as the lounge staff. They have a good selection of foods in the lounge, and, at least while I was there, it was all business people. No families and no one showing up for breakfast in their bathrobes.

I would stay here again without a doubt. Great location for me, I don't know how it would fare as a vacation hotel.

Room Tip: 7th floor is the HHonors floor and has access to the lounge. Much quieter up there!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica S
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your comments and your business. I have passed along your thoughts to our staff and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Key West
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I have stayed here several times when in the area on business. I am not sure if some rooms are renovated and others are not, but I have never had a bad experience. The rooms are good sized and clean with great beds. This is an older building and the bathrooms are very small and tight, but it was not a problem for me.

The staff is always friendly and I usually get lounge access since I am Honor's Gold. The lounge is not as large as some Hiltons, but they have a nice breakfast in the morning and some snacks, deserts and drinks in evening. The lady who runs the lounge, (Her name is Mercedes), is wonderful and friendly. She always remembers you and it is nice to see a friendly face while traveling on business.

The location is great for me, since I need access to I95. The food is pretty good. Not great, but typical of hotel restaurants. The service at the bar is friendly and I have also had room service which was good. There are many other restaurants within 10-15 minutes drive.

In reading some of these bad reviews, I feel like I must be staying at another hotel. As I said, maybe I have always been in renovated rooms, but overall I like this hotel and will continue to stay there when I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SDT
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent visit. I have shared your comments with all our staff and Mercedes was delighted.
We have just introduced our new menu in the restaurant and have enhanced our wine list.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield Beach
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield...
#2 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beac...
#7 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Comfort Inn Oceanside
Comfort Inn Oceanside
#9 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton? Share your experiences!