“Get what you pay for, and a little more :) :) :) :) :)(5 smile rating)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Pensacola, Florida
“Get what you pay for, and a little more :) :) :) :) :)(5 smile rating)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My Target - one night stay:
I am reviewing this hotel as a one night guest. I live about 200 miles from Deerfield Beach in the Orlando area. My wife and I were visiting for a medical consultation and we did not want to to the round trip in one day. We decided to check into a hotel for a night.
Our needs were modest. Value, cleanliness and comfort and customer service, This hotel met all my qualifications and then some. I would definitely consider this hotel for a week-long vacation stay. We did not use the restaurant or the cafe. We did not use the pool, jacuzzi or fitness center. They look well maintained and very comfortable.

The hotel was packed this day., January 11th 2012. There was one room available for early check-in, a double bed. My wife and I sleep in a King sized bed, and when we were forced into a double bed in the past, they were terrible. This was a difficult decision to make to take this room but if I took it, I was getting an upgrade to concierge level. This was a one night, give me a comfy bed type stay for me...I wasn't looking for a robe and a view. I must have given the desk clerk a "look" because I was advised by the desk clerk that it would be good for me to accept this room as they were not looking like much was going to open for normal check in time @3pm. They explained that they have also called around to local competition and have found low availability there as well. The desk person seemed honest and kind, so I believed it. Well, we took it and it turned out to be really, really nice, This level provides a room on one of the top two floors with beautiful views and limited access to the floors via keycode in the elevator. Concierge level also provides access to the Concierge lounge on the 7th flr. The lounge is what was previously one of the suite rooms in the hotel that was converted to what I would equate to a large family room in my home. There is living room type furniture with a big screen tv, as well as a desk with computer and printer as well as a few tables and very comfy chairs where you can enjoy knoshing at one of two scheduled meals. There is a breakfast in the lounge from 6:30 - 9 am, and an evening snack from 4:30 - 8. The evening snack included a hot appetizer as well as fruit, cut veggies and dips, chips, soda, juice, coffee and some cocktails, The breakfast was hot cooked items, as well as cereals, breads,pastries, fruits, juices and milks. Everything was delicious and fresh. The concierge was in attendance and very courteous and helpful.
The room we got was really nice. The double beds were pure luxury! and we could sleep in one, bit opted to enjoy both beds. We slept like we were in our own bed - it was really nice.
The furnishings in the room were well maintained and all the comforts were there. The desk, es a desk in a double room,, was a l shape and included a coffee mker , phone, lamp with electric sockets, and comfy chair. The beds has headboard lighting as well as a lamp between then oon a shared nightstand . Modern/contemporary furnishings that seemed to be pretty new and of high quality. There was limited access to an outlet near the bed but it wasn't that bad, just had to find it,

The are of the hotel is very pretty,,well landscaped and maintained properties, The normal stores are local to the hotel. There are also some very upscale options. The neighboring Boca Raton has the Town centre shops that are really nice for all kinds of stuff, from catching a movie to shopping for diamonds - its all there. The beach is pretty close, but requires transportation. I am not sure if the hotel provides any shuttles anywhere, but it would be a great option if they did. In summary, because I am familiar with the area from previous visits to neighboring cities, I could definitely say I would spend a week vacation here,
The staff at this hotel were all very courteous and professional, without appearing stuffy or corporate, we will definitely stay here again if in the area, for one night or a week.

Room Tip: ask for concierge level
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank CanRoxygo
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I have shared your feedback with all our staff.
Please stop by and say hello the next visit if time permits.

Thank you again.

walter.chapman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Stayed in this hotel from 31 dec till 4 jan with my girlfrend. Rooms were clean and comfortable. This hotel have good location for traveler with car, perfect off I-95. My room hadn't a mini fridge. We overlooked a golf course which was beautiful. We swam in the big pool and in the good jacusee. It was clean and warm. Reservation on Priceline, but staf not considered my gold status in hhonors. Very disappointing experience :-(

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your recent comments regarding your stay. it is comments such as yours that help us improve. I am sorry for the difficulty you experienced while you were here. Each of the issues you brought up have been discussed with the appropriate parties and your comments will be used as a training tool for us all. We continuously endeavor to provide an enjoyable guest experience.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that your initial decision to select our hotel was the right decision. If you will please contact me directly, I will be happy to make the arrangements personally and insure that your visit lives up to the standards you have come to expect at Hilton.
Thank you again.

954-422-1773
Fairfax Station, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I have stayed at most of the places in Deerfield and thought this Hilton would be special. Nice to see front desk wearing suits, but that's where it ends.

Two major complaints - No place to plug in your gizmos. I could not plug in my CPAP machine. I was told to wait until the next day for them to find a solution. I pulled the bed apart and found a plug but horribly, it was an extension cord plugged into another extension cord. Where is the fire department on this place?

Second - It took 2 days to get a response to my two complaints to mitigate the mold in the room ac unit.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Recently stayed over Christmas vacation with family. Rooms were clean and comfortable. One thing that would be nice is if the rooms had a mini fridge. We overlooked a golf course which was beautiful. We swam in the pool once. It was clean and warm. We were not able to eat in the lobby restaurant but it looked nice. I wished that the lobby cafe would have been open though. All in all, we had a lovely experience and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Melissa A
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Selected for location. But rooms in poor shape (problems with heat, air coonditioning, phones and shower). Manager was responsive and embarrassed by issues. Would not stay here unless need location. Hilton's seem to be going downhill.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Gibpcm
Deerfield Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

The last time I wrote a review was when we were considering The Hilton for our son's Bar Mitzvah---a large social gathering. Since then we met with Ms. Castro, who was by far the most pleasant and easy going professional event consultant anywhere.
She followed through after our first meeting and provided us with a plan that could work for our budget and that would be wonderful. Ms. Castro provided us with a great new Bar/Bat Mitzvah package option that is coparable with other local hotels. They had great options for chair covers and even offered a room for the family for the night of the event. Very glad to see that the Hilton's new package rivals that of it's competition. Although Ms. Castro is a great reason to use the Hilton of Deerfield Beach alone---but the place looks very nice and we are looking forward to planning a fantastic party.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Dr Dave O
west palm fl.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

This hotel should loose it's flag as the surprises that will be encountered will have you also leaving negative comments.
New female rfont desk manager needs to be educated in the Hilton Honors Program as her employees have a better pulse on the program.
Important Warning, This hotel misleads you with the travel saver coupon they offer as it's only good for one night and Zero points are earned.
Very Disappointing experience with 3 different General Managers in 4 years.

Room Tip: Run to the Hampton across the street or down to the beach where there are several higher quality pro...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve. I am sorry that your visit was not up to your expectations.
If you would email me directly at the email address I have provided I would like to learn some of the specifics so that I may properly address them with all the staff concerned.
Also for the record for you and any other Hilton Honors members, these coupons are promotional items that are sold last minute. The coupon clearly states that rooms are based on availability and Hilton will not allow us to give points on discount coupons.
Thank you again for your input.

954-422-1773
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield Beach
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 19 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 2,085 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield...
#2 of 19 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 536 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beac...
#5 of 19 in Deerfield Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 479 reviews
Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Comfort Inn Oceanside
Comfort Inn Oceanside
#10 of 19 in Deerfield Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 265 reviews

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton? Share your experiences!