“Great greasy spoon” 4 of 5 bubbles

Olympia Flame Diner
Ranked #24 of 221 Restaurants in Deerfield Beach
Cuisines: American, Greek, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Proudly serving made to order & homemade, breakfast, Lunch & dinner, since 1991.
Florida
“Great greasy spoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Its the classic diner: stainless steel, counter seating, jovial staff flinging coffee and plates around like Cirque du Soleil. Everything we had for breakfast had those mysterious crunchy bits of I-don't-know-what that always taste so good. Its just the perfect place to slip away to when one doesn't want to cook at home, doesn't feeling like going to yet another bagel place and wants a social, fun place to go.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Lord H

“Like family...good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I have been here 100 times since it has opened. We have watched the owners, crew, and the children over the years as they have my own. I used to get the mighty Olympian omlette which no longer on menu but they make for me...it's a western with mushroom and cheese. Add some grits and toast and you have me smilin. Sloppy joe is awesome when they have it. It's a great diner. I don't live here anymore, but I can go back when i get down to sOuth FL and without a word...they will bring me my iced tea and ask how my kids and family are. You can't find that at just any place.

3 Thank Scissorkickers
boca raton
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Have been going there off and on for several years. Will not go back. Charge .50 for a slice of tomato. U got to be kidding!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
boca raton florida
“Newly remodeled great menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Met friend for lunch at Olympia flame. Newly re modeled diner excellent service. Coffee above-average for diner. Nice selection on menu. Had a turkey club Sandwich delicious Will be going back there again soon

2 Thank rdsrich
“I'm Not Going Back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have now been to this diner 3 times, the third being my final visit. I tend to like a sweet breakfast or fruit and granola and am always happy to see it on a menu. Olympia Flame offered Greek yogurt with either fruit or granola. I asked for both, which upped the price to $7.95, I believe. What I got was a large amount of yogurt, a small bowl with three strawberries and about ten blueberries, which had been frozen and defrosted - therefore fairly tasteless. The "granola" was also in a small bowl and was nothing more than rolled oats, uncooked, not granola. The place is noisy and tables have been packed in the aisles so that initially we sat down at a small table, which essentially was on top of the next table, so we were actually sitting with the couple at the other table. We were uncomfortable, and I could tell they were also. The minute a booth opened, we bounced over to the booth, which was much more pleasant. On the positive side, the service was good and my son ate an omelet and potatoes which he scoffed up. So he was satisfied. Me, I'm not going back. I have had a much better experiences and food at other local restaurants.

• Visited October 2012