“Very Popular”
Review of The Whale's Rib

The Whale's Rib
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 'We Feed The Beach' since 1981!
“Very Popular”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped for a late lunch on a rainy day. The restaurant was packed. My wife ordered Clams Casino. The clams were small, but they tasted good according to my wife. I had the Oyster Poor Boy, which was approximately eight oysters, lettuce, and tomato slices on an eight-inch, toasted hoagie roll. It also was very good.

Houston, Texas
“July 4th holiday”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Also a restaurants in walking distance to the Comfort Inn Oceanside! We always return here for the best seafood in the area and the USA for that matter.

1 Thank Paula V
maryland
“Great fresh fish”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had a wonderfully fresh dolphin sandwich- very tasty. the whale chips are fried potato chips which I should have skipped. But the fresh fish was yummy and the service was good!

Boca Raton, Florida
“Amazing hole in the wall !”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I don't have anything bad to say about Whales Rib. There is usually a wait to eat here but do not fear. You can usually find seats in bar quickly or at the raw bar. It's hard for me to order anything other than seafood. In love with the oysters, fish dip & Rock shrimp. I crave those dang shrimp ! Drinks are served in mini pitchers and all the servers are very friendly. Lobster bisque soup is delicious. Can't forget the tasty whales fries w/ whales juice. Bloody Mary's always have amazing celery in them. I highly recommend this place. Even if you don't care for seafood they have some tasty sandwiches.

• Visited July 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Unique twist to seafood that is perfect”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

My family has now been back a few more times. This place is just fantastic. The atmosphere is great. A true local hangout. The staff is so friendly.
The rock shrimp may be the best I have had. The dolphin fingers are also another can't miss. Others liked the oyster Rockefeller. You must try the whale juice. You can dip almost anything in it.....I know my kids did. They don't need ketchup with whale juice around.
This place is worth the wait.

Visited August 2013