“Great Food”

The Whale's Rib
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: 'We Feed The Beach' since 1981!
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We actually didn't have a 'dinner', we had soup and appetizers and it was just great. /They do not take reservations and we didn't get there until 6:15pm so we had a 45 min. wait. There were shops to check out and a boardwalk to take up time. Nice area.
Restaurant was jammed for a Monday night.but it was worth the wait. Lobster bisque was excellent as were the crab cakes and Oyster Rockerfeller great. Everything was just so fresh! Would definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for The Whale's Rib

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Fish was really good. The Bloody Mary was AWESOME!! The waiter was very informative,fast and good.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The food here is very good. We had the oysters and shrimp to start and then the snow crabs and lobster and it was all delicious. Also got the conch fritters as I love them; they were nice, but a little heavy (though I am very picky about my conch fritters, so I might be being harsh). Service was excellent. There was an incident with a table behind us being really rude and they handled it very well. Decor is a bar with food, but well worth visiting.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was really excited to try this place out. Turns out, despite the hype it's pretty average. The food is good, but nothing great. I got the Grilled Dolphin Sandwich and it came with no sauce so it was incredibly dry. My friend enjoyed the Key West sandwich and in hind sight maybe I should have gotten that. We also tried the crab cakes and they were decent but I've definitely had better elsewhere. I guess I expected more from all the glowing reviews. The staff was average too, service was pretty slow and not very friendly. We had to seek out the waitress to get refills etc. I think this place is leaning a little too much on being featured on the food network. It's a fine place to grab food but I definitely wouldn't make a special trip for it!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Was surprised with the amount of choices on the menu in this quaint restaurant near the beach. The seafood was great. With a delicious meal & a few beverages, I would definitely plan on visiting again when in the area. This casual feeling establishment made the evening worthwhile and fun for family or with friends.