“Very good Cuban food.”

Little Havana Restaurant
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This restaurant "hit all the boxes" on a Tuesday night. We were surprised at how crowded the restaurant was & they appeared to be doing a brisk take-out business as well. We had to wait a bit too long to be seated, but once seated, rolls and water arrived immediately. We started with a very good shared appetizer of garlic shrimp (expensive at $9.49 for 6 shrimp). My husband had a pork dish and I had steak with chimichurri sauce. Both were served with fried plaintains and rice & beans. They were very good - the pork was slightly better than the steak. Hefty portions did not all for dessert. We would certainly return.

1  Thank milliegordon2

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were staying in the Pomano Fort Lauderdale area for a few days and were wanting some of the good Cuban food that South Florida is known for without traveling as far south as the Miami area. We received a coupon book containing one for this restaurant and although our concierge was unfamiliar with it we decided to take a chance. We went for lunch and were not dissapointed. The service was friendly and professional and food arrived quickly which probably accounts for the many local business people that were evident. The food prices were quite reasonable and their were many choices available on their lunch menu. My husband ordered the grilled flank steak which was accompanied by a delicious fresh chimichuri sauce while I ordered the traditional roast pork and both were accompanied by generous amounts of black beans and tasty white rice. In addition we were served fresh, delicious cuban bread with real butter. We couldn't resist trying some dessert and chose both a plain and coconut fllan which were wonderful and we each topped this off with fresh brewed cafe con leche a delicious dark brew topped with frothed milk. YUM!!! The total after our coupon was applied was $25.00. A real bargain.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I have been to Little Havana many times. I really enjoy the lamb shank which is very tasty, and with some white rice and black beans, yum! The paella here is also a stand-out with lots of seafood and chicken. Paella is on the menu on Sunday but otherwise it is made to order. My wife and kids really like the cheese flan dessert. I have always had good service at this restaurant and would definitely recommend for Cuban food in Deerfield Beach.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had lunch and dinner here on two separate days. Lunch menu had a great selection, dinner excellent. Try the taste of Havana for a good mix, or have the shreddedork which is delicious!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We ordered the lamb shank which was not overbearing like some lamb in the past. The sauce was good and the fried plantains were great. They have a singer that played Cuban music while we ate our dinner. Our server was prompt and did a great job. We would return again