“Lively neighborhood restaurant with huge portions of good food.”

Amante Italian Cuisine
Ranked #17 of 229 Restaurants in Deerfield Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with the food quality at this neighborhood spot. We got the last table on a Monday night, a testament to the local following. Italian Wedding soup was simply delicious. My husband enjoyed his Saltimbocca very much. My Chicken Francaise was okay - a bit tough and over flavored. Accompanying pasta had an extremely heavy red sauce. We would go back if we were in the area. Delicious garlic knots!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had brunch her before we headed on to Miami, Pitzza was excellent, I had a pasta with garlic and oil, it was good but the garlic was slightly burnt which was a pity. They were amazed that our son and his friend were ordering 14 inch pitzzas each! and apart from a slice for each of of us they finished every scrap!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Nice atmosphere, romantic yet fun. The food was fantastic. I had pizza and was going to order a whole small pizza and eat the leftovers for lunch. The waiter talked me into just ordering 2 pieces...GOOD advice! It was fantastic but the pieces were so huge I could barely eat one. Service was great. The place was a block from the beach and my hotel. I saw several other dishes other patrons ordered and they all looked wonderful. When I go back I have no idea how I will choose what to order...it was all great!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I cannot believe that I have lived in south FL for almost 9 years and had not eaten at this place! Made reservations here for "date night" and truly enjoyed the experience. wait staff was attentive and the atmosphere was cozy! I am all about atmosphere! The bar area was pretty as well and I think next time we will actually try and grab a spot there for some drinks and dinner. Anyway-eggplant rollantini was SUPER yummy...as was the calamari and pizza that we ordered...and of course I gobbled down the garlic rolls. I left there stuffed, but with sure plans to go back again. A woman (who who looked like a manager or owner) came by to see how our meal was and thank us for coming in. will be back soon! Italian food is my favorite.. and live music? Yeah -that's all me!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Live Music, Great Food.... Large Palmetto Bugs
My family and I have been coming to Bobs/Amates for over 2 years now, at least once a week. Its a great place to relax, eat, and drink until recently.
We were enjoying a nice afternoon having drinks and apps when out of nowhere a roach fell on our table! Thankfully, my 5 year old was not sitting in the both at the time where the insect had landed. I actually stood up in the booth and screamed while my husband wacked the bug off with his hand onto the floor. While this was all going on all of the staff stood there doing nothing to help. Eventually, a bus boy came and swooped it up in a dust pan.
All the manager said was "Oh I heard they fly in from the palm trees outside".
There are no palm trees outside of the restaurant.
It is really upsetting that a place we like to come to regularly just brushes it off their shoulder like ROACHES are common here. I am sure if we were sitting on the Amante's side of the restaurant we would have been treated differently. Our family will not be coming here again or telling our friend to go either....stay away unless you want a ROACH with your flat bread pizza

2  Thank ava o