“Pitzza perfect!”

Amante Italian Cuisine
Ranked #13 of 240 Restaurants in Deerfield Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had brunch her before we headed on to Miami, Pitzza was excellent, I had a pasta with garlic and oil, it was good but the garlic was slightly burnt which was a pity. They were amazed that our son and his friend were ordering 14 inch pitzzas each! and apart from a slice for each of of us they finished every scrap!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Having just moved to Deefield Beach a buddy and I decided to try Bob's Pizza but in their "fine dining section" named Amate's Ristorante. I read the standard origin story on the back of menu and it stated that when the first opened in the 70s the father & son would go work for a few weeks in other resturants to learn how to make pizza and run a business becasue they were newbies; I suggest they go back to their roots and keep this practice up! The garlic rolls they brought out (a) did not have any garlic on them and (b) when the waitress asked how they were I picked one up and tapped on the table in morse code a reply! (NOT KIDDING). Next on the menu was the water they brought-refreshing water BUT in a white cloth dining establishment you would't expect a styrofom cup with a straw! (waitress said all the glasses were dirty) and Lastly (drum roll please) the $22 pizza; they forgot to put any sauce on it so essentially we ate chesse bread with some bacon spinkled on it--after pointing this out to the waitress she brought over a cup of sauce and told us we could put it on the pizza? I actually tried this moronic suggestion but when it started sticking to my moustache we decided this "party" was over. The manager came over and was adamant that there was sauce on the pizza albeit "not alot"--you be the judge by the pics below.

1  Thank steve m
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Nice atmosphere, romantic yet fun. The food was fantastic. I had pizza and was going to order a whole small pizza and eat the leftovers for lunch. The waiter talked me into just ordering 2 pieces...GOOD advice! It was fantastic but the pieces were so huge I could barely eat one. Service was great. The place was a block from the beach and my hotel. I saw several other dishes other patrons ordered and they all looked wonderful. When I go back I have no idea how I will choose what to order...it was all great!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I cannot believe that I have lived in south FL for almost 9 years and had not eaten at this place! Made reservations here for "date night" and truly enjoyed the experience. wait staff was attentive and the atmosphere was cozy! I am all about atmosphere! The bar area was pretty as well and I think next time we will actually try and grab a spot there for some drinks and dinner. Anyway-eggplant rollantini was SUPER yummy...as was the calamari and pizza that we ordered...and of course I gobbled down the garlic rolls. I left there stuffed, but with sure plans to go back again. A woman (who who looked like a manager or owner) came by to see how our meal was and thank us for coming in. will be back soon! Italian food is my favorite.. and live music? Yeah -that's all me!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

What a disappointment. Read previous reviews suggesting good food, setvice & atmosphere. We were party of 9 with one wheelchair bound. Hostess wanted us to be aware chair would pose a problem & takes space of 2 diners. Throughout our dinner she requested twice for wheelchair to be moved for ease of busy servers & "paying guests." Nothing tasted good after this kind of treatment.

1  Thank 9999nrm