WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Tropic Isle Beach Resort

Tropic Isle Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Burlington, Kentucky
“What A Find..Deerfield Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I did not see this on my Trip Advisor search. A job promotion had us relocating to the area. When we realized we would not be closing on our home in time for the move I canvassed the area and found this gem. The landscaping was my first impression...it was immaculate! It also keeps the property very private. Immaculate is how I would describe the whole place..the rooms are some of the cleanest I have ever stayed in. Beds are extremely comfortable..we had to stay in a couple because of the extended stay. Fully equipped kitchen, bright adorable rooms. Less than a half block to the beach, where there is a wonderful public beach with a oversized sidewalk along the beach that has several outdoor showers, public restrooms and tiki huts that end at the shops and great restaurants. Also 5-10 minutes from Pompano, Fort Lauderdale and Boca.
Dave and Heidi were so accommodating and hard working, they are constantly updating. They remembered who we were after just one phone call and I noticed that they make a point to introduce themselves to every guest (depending on who checked them in) and not to hesitate to ask for anything they might need. They are intuitive, treated us like family...since it looked like it would be our home for a while but respective of your privacy. For us we found great new friends. If your searching for a relaxing vacation spot in So FL stop looking this is it!

Room Tip: Beach was fitness center! All rooms are great but we liked the second floor king.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Teresaggo
Tropicis, Manager at Tropic Isle Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
I'm so glad that your first experience in your move to the area was so positive. I hope you enjoy Deerfield Beach and the surrounding towns, we sure do. Creating a positive experience for our guests is our daily goal. Becoming friends with them is such a bonus. ... Heidi & Dave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Daphne, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Visiting for a few days, found this as the #2 place in trip advisor for Deerfield beach. Great price for such a well ranked place, so I booked it.

Then I looked at the pics- and noted no fancy lobby, rooms not 'high end' looking' and was a bit worried.
I usually stay at national higher end brand hotels...

But after arriving and staying I totally get it- it's a very comfortable, spacious, very clean place. Not even a five minute walk to the beach. Easy parking. Pleasant owner/manager couple.

Would definitely stay again and bring my wife. We like having a kitchen to prepare some of the meals too when away from home.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Review2read
Tropicis, General Manager at Tropic Isle Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thanks for trying us out. Heidi and I love it here a Tropic Isle and strive to make every guests experience here a very good one. We hope you stay with us again. ...Dave
Fenton, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was so pleased to be able to visit the Deerfield Beach as it was close to my daughter's home without being intrusive to her work schedule. Tropic Isle was so comfy, clean, efficient, secure and I enjoyed an intimate environment while I was there for 8 nights. The beach was barely a 5 minute walk, the amenities at the Tropic Isle made enjoying the beach even more so. Such friendly management, and clean, clean, clean from room to grounds to pool. I thank Heidi and Dave for such warm welcome and attention to details. This vacation was just what the doctor ordered-- relaxation, exercise, and time shared with my wonderful daughter. I highly recommend this resort for convenience, comfort and economy!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Heidi F
Thank You for taking the time to write of your experience. We take pride in our property and want every guest to feel good about their stay at Tropic Isle and Deerfield Beach. We feel lucky to have such wonderful guests stay here..... dave and heidi
Albuquerque
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Although it's off-season and prices are lower, I didn't expect for find a place within my budget barely a block from the beach so it was beyond belief that I discovered Tropic Isle. I planned to stay 4 nights and then move to a cousin's house for my last two days in Deerfield but I felt so comfortable and content, I had no desire to budge. It's a lovely place with large, comfortable, fresh, clean rooms. It's probably the nicest, most pleasant hotel I've stayed at in years. Having a real kitchen with table and chairs was a treat - I loved taking early morning walks on the beach, coming back and making breakfast and reading at the table. It is well supplied with plates, utensils, pots and pans. I love that the resort is small and one gets to interact with Dave and Heidi who manage and take wonderful care of the premises. They are friendly, easy going and available. I called the day before I arrived to confirm the reservation I made weeks in advance and Dave answered and said, "is this Carol"? It felt good that he knew who I was. He certainly wasn't looking at his reservation list because he was at Home Depot at the time I called! It appeared they are constantly freshening up the place and on top of any repairs that are needed. I appreciate too the storage room they have for travelers - if you need baggies, plastic wrap, foil, etc., they have a supply of items we can avail ourselves of.
I have no complaints whatsoever and not even any suggestions for improvement. It was a perfect place for me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carol B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We like easy when we travel. This hotel makes our visits to Deerfield Beach, Fl even more relaxing. Large spacious rooms, very clean and comfortable. A very short walk to the beach makes the location perfect. We like to eat out for lunch but find cooking dinner in the room saves a lot. The kitchen is more than adequate, a full size fridge makes it easy. There we go again, did I say easy. We always choose the King apartment but the whole facility is very well maintained. A large gas grill is available for guests. The pool is large and very clean. We have visited now about three times and are going back this next weekend. If your looking for a great value, this is it.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Old Florida charm, large, very clean, bright efficiency.(Large windows!) Recent renovated. Firm mattress. Lovely garden with pool and ample seating areas. Short walk to ocean and downtown. Tiled throughout, no moldy carpets, no perfume plug-ins, which can be the case with some of these older hotels. Very congenial management.They come by to make sure everything is well. Beach chairs and umbrellas offered.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We come to Deerfield Beach often, because we have family here and always need a place to stay for few days. This small, intimate "mom/pop" establishment is in a quiet nice neighborhood, with very little traffic or noise!! The rates are great, as well as the innkeeper, Dave. He and his wife, live on premises, so if anything needs their attention, or you need something, he's right there, and will help. From the appearance, they really work at taking care of the place, and replacing or repairing anything that might need attention. The day we checked in, a "tile" "rep" (person) was measuring our room for new tile to be replaced!! While we stayed in it, for only 2 nights, we really didn't see that the tile needed replacing, but I guess the innkeepers knew it was time to replace. :)

Our room was on 1st floor, efficiency style, overlooking the courtyard and nice pool, and luscious well-kept foliage. It was neat, clean, had plenty of towels for our stay, kitchen was well-stocked with utensils, pots/pans/coffee maker, linens, etc. Plumbing was in good repair, plenty of hot water, everything worked great. It also had wi-fi, which proved very good, after connecting. Our unit (as well as others, I believe) had a window air conditioner, which worked perfectly and kept us cool. There was a 'free standing' fan in the room but we didn't need it. We were comfortable all of the time. The courtyard area also offers a nice grill, and several picnic tables, for that "family" cook-out, if you need it. The motel is 2 story (no elevator) (use stairs) and located just a block or 2 from beach. Parking is on-site, and very convenient for coming/going carrying luggage, etc. as parking lot is just "right there", so only a few steps to your room! They do supply hand soap, but if you want your own kind of bath or shower soap, bring your own.

OVERALL this small "hidden gem" was much better than staying in the many "high rise" hotels, in the area, in our opinion. We will stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Always indicate if you prefer 1st floor; This motel is 2 story, no elevator, but there is stairs to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SRehbaum
Tropicis, Manager at Tropic Isle Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for the pleasant and informative review of Tropic Isle. It always means a lot to Heidi and I when someone takes the time to write a review. These reviews matter to us as well as for our future guests. Thanks again, Dave