“Don't even think about this place run past it!.”

Cafe Med Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Med Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: 2096 NE 2nd Street
Description: For Italians around the world, mealtime is family time - when generous portions of delicious food, lively conversation and timeless traditions get passed around the table, and from one generation to the next. We proudly feature the finest and freshest ingredients along with professional and friendly service, all of it right by the water, all tables have ocean view!
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I ordered a hot dog. They threw a warm dog, a bun pulled from a bag, cheese not melted, yesterdays bacon chips and ran from the bar where I sat. Even with the service, which was disgusting and negligent at any standard and food that wouldn't have been served in a soup kitchen, I was willing to pay. After 45 minutes without attention I left this pathetic place without paying. Thought about it for a minute, ran back in telling them I wanted to pay my bill and still couldn't get some person to help me. While I was there, five groups came in wanted to be seated, could not get any help and fortunately for them, they left. This place isn't worth a first chance, much less a second. Never, ever go to this place, it is probably the worst service I have seen and the food is not far behind.

1  Thank neighborindeerfield
Diego O, General Manager at Cafe Med Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Neighborindeerfield

I am most concerned about your alleged negative experience and we can assure we'll do everything that it takes to prevent any further issues for your future visits, As you well know we are implementing many new menu items and it can happen that in the process ot perfection the plate we make errors, that is why we are happy to sample them to our closest guests in order to get an honest and helpful feedback, we are truly sorry to have not met your expectations.
We will work hard to make it right and sure hope you will resume visiting us for we really value your business.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had dinner and it was very good they have a very nice friendly staff and made sure everything was to our statifaction.We also had breakfast and it was excellent. Food was prepared just right and hot. we will go back next year.

Diego O, General Manager at Cafe Med Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear SATRAT

We are very happy to have made your stay here such a positive one, our breakfast is indeed a very high quality one with many delicious options freshly made for you to enjoy right by the water.

I will make sure to relay your good experience to the whole staff for they are indeed the back bone of the whole operation and always work hard to give you and many other guests the experience you had.

We also thank you very much for sharing with others, it means a lot to us.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This terrible restaurant across from beautiful Deerfield Pier & Beach. Extremely long wait for terrible food. Service almost non- existent. Have been there 3 times, first time dinner was fair, second time brunch was bad, awful food & service, third time dinner was consistently poor food, service & extremely long wait.. Will not return. Take my advise & go only for cocktails & great music.

Dear Eileen 928

There is very little that can be said in response to your review if not that we are sorry to not have met your expectation. I have the responsibility to rectify any wrong doing and it appears that you seem to be experiencing a lot of that throughout your many visits. Please do contact me directly at 954-596-5840 and we ll be happy to do what it takes for your next visits to be memorable.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great food experience. Share a salad they are gigantic. Good wine list. Our waiter was originally from our home town of Pittsburgh. James can steer through the menu well.

Dear Anthony K

Thank you very much for the kind feed back, spring break is a fun time of the year and Café Med likes to be part of it, we understand the value of a good meal and we always give the most to our guests so they can include our meal as part of the "Fun Package".
I will make sure to inform James of your compliments as well as the rest of the staff that supported him. Please do come back soon, we are here for you any time!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were 7 of us who went there for lunch today. First of all while the hostess was seating us outside the waitress made a comment "oh god"...so right there we felt unwelcomed. We placed our order and an hour and a half later after asking where our order was especially our appetizer of fried calamari the waitress said she will check. It came out finally and was not thoroughly cooked. So we sent that back. The food was horrible, burger was too cooked when asked for Medium. Beef sandwich was dry. We were told two different stories on why the food came out so late, personally I think they forgot about our order. I would NEVER go back there again. It will soon be another one bites the dust once they go out of business like all the others on that corner.

1  Thank annbats
Diego O, General Manager at Cafe Med Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Annbats

It is with great concern that I am reading about your much less than positive experience with us. I did investigate what happened and we pinpointed the issue and fixed it immediately. There are no excuses for waiting that long for food but only apologies to present.
That day as we do every week end, we served over 400 guests with no issues and it makes us feel very bad that your party had to endure a long wait. Please do contact me at 954-596-5840 directly for it is now my mission to turn this around and provide you with the experience you rightfully expected and that our guests do always get.
We will have many new and exciting things rolling out this summer and since it appears you are from the area we would very much like to share them with all our local friends. We will commit to a speedy and delicious experience like none other provides around here.
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon, in the mean time we wish you a great spring season.