“All surface.”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All surface.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Oof. I went there tonight, 3/24/13, and while the decent enough minestrone…'soup,' if you can call it that, was well-ish made, no complaints on the run-of-the-mill Caesar salad, but the entree was the piece de resistance.

Chicken Parmesan. Simple enough, right? Chicken breast, lightly breaded, fried, slightly sauced and cheesed (verb?).

Nope.

What I got was clearly freshly harvested-from the icy depths of the freezer. A 1/8 inch thick 'chicken' "cutlet" (being generous here) DOUSED in sauce, slabs of burnt "cheese" gingerly slapped on top.

It had a distinctive, chewy cardboard taste. Maybe a fleshy texture? Who could say?

Cheap prices and pretty atmosphere does not a quality meal make.

NO GO. AVOID AT ALL POSSIBLE COSTS.

1 Thank perfectly_marvelous

Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Good value”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Food is good and you get a complete meal from appetizer to desert. Wait staff was attentive, but not overbearing. Food was plentiful. Too much to eat, took some home. The chocolate cake was fantastic. Important to make a reservation. Restaurant is small. Would go back.

• Visited March 2013
Deerfield Beach, FL
“Amazing food/service/price”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've been to Chef Dooley's twice in the last 6 months and it was outstanding each visit. This last time was for a 50th wedding anniversary celebration. I didn't think to make reservations since it's a local restaurant in an odd location. I forgot about the snowbirds being back in town! They were booked for the night but the hostess was more than accomodating and made room for my small party of 3. The service is great; someone is always near to refill glasses or answer questions - always with a smile! The food was 5-star!! I had one of the specials for the night which was Duck a l'orange. I've ordered this entree at some of the best restaurant's in Paris ... Chef Dooley's was so much better! Another person in our party ordered the Veal Chop special. It was so large and so juicy that she decided to take some home for the next night! The entrees are always interesting and the 4-course deal can't be beat! The starter course of escargot in a pesto sauce is delectable...I needed extra bread to soak up all the lovely sauce. The soups are average but with all the other trimmings, I can't see complaining. Their prices are right on target and this is a great find in a small Publix shopping center!

• Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“disappointed in chef dooley”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

we were a group of 6 people returning to a former favourite restaurant. the food we had was tasty, and the value for the money was very good. BUT.... there was no ahi tuna apetizers available. one of our party ordered steak ..... but no one else could.....because only one steak was available. dessert time.... I love their tiramasu..... but, guess what?.... only one was available.
at this time, unfortunately a patron in the restaurant....at the adjoining table.....was having a heart attack. Thank goodness it seemed very mild and Broward Emergency Response arrived quickly. The average age of the patrons of this restaurant seem to be 75 and up ..... except at xmas time when their families join them. The stretcher was brought and the patron was wheeled out ( we certainly made space for them to maneuvre) and he seemed to be in reasonably good shape thru this ordeal. We resumed our dining positions. At this point I told our server that we were very disappointed that there was only one tiramasu available. I wanted everyone to try it, so I suggested that she bring the last piece of tiramasu for all of us to try and to also bring one dessert of second choice per person. Well, that was not going to happen....we would have to be charged for the extra dessert. We can only get 6 desserts for 6 people. HMMPH.
They were missing one popular appetizer on the menu, they had only one steak, they had only one tiramasu, and we were in the midst of a medical emergency during dinner.....the LEAST they could have done was give us one dessert.
I normally visit this establishment 3 to 4 times a winter, and have recommended it to countless people.....NEVER AGAIN

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Norman V
West Harwich, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Italian food!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

You would never think this restaurant was hidden away in the Publix plaza! We have been here several times, and the food is superb! Service could not have been better! It really is such a good value as well. the price of the entree includes an appetizer or salad and coffee and dessert. Many different entrees to pick from. Reservations a must in high season. Mangia!

• Visited November 2012