“Great Restaurant, worth traveling to Deerfield Beach for”
Review of JB's On The Beach

JB's On The Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
JB's On The Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hillsboro
Transit: There is a public bus stop just a few feet from our restaurant entrance.
Description: JB's On the Beach is a gorgeous, ocean-front restaurant in South FL that serves classic American cuisine and fresh seafood dishes. Some of our most popular dishes include Janet's Lobster Salad, our exquisite fish and chips, the coconut shrimp, and our delicious mojitos! We also offer a full bar where one of our talented bartenders can prepare you a perfect drink. Join us at the bar for Happy Hour, Monday through Friday, from 4pm - 7pm, where we have discounted beer, house wine, and well drinks. In a hurry? No worries, we offer both take-out and delivery options, check out our website for more details. Additionally, we have live entertainment every night! Browse the calendar on our website for a complete schedule. Swing on by for a beautiful view, delicious food, and great company! We know you'll love it here!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Restaurant, worth traveling to Deerfield Beach for”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've just made my 4th visit to JB's on the beach and each time I've eaten there, it has been a wonderful overall experience. This time, we arrived around 7:00 and were told that the wait for a table outside would be about an hour so we headed inside and took a table in the bar area which was first come first serve. What makes this restaurant a good choice is a number of things. 1. Its located right on the beach so if you're sitting outside you have a beautiful beach view and prime area for people watching. 2. They often have live music, which is cool and 3. It looks great on the inside and outside (good place for a date, to celebrate something special and even to go solo and check out the game) 4. The food is really good! On two occasions, I was at Deerfield beach by myself and stopped by for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed my meal. I've had the market fresh fish sandwich, I've had the fish and chips, I've had their Cuban panini, chicken satay and their lobster mac and cheese. The last time I was there, my partner had the cajun friend chicken and was disappointed because of its lack of spice. But, each time I've enjoyed my meal. Their drinks are pretty good also. If you've never been to Deerfield Beach (about a half hour drive from Ft. Lauderdale Beach). You'll enjoy both the beach and JB's.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Menomonee Falls, WI
“Best dinner of our vacation”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had a party of 10 people with reservations on a Thursday night. Our table was available on time. We sat in the area just inside the outdoor seating but still had a good view of the ocean. If you are in the mood for a salad first, order the wedge salad chopped. Delicious! You may want to share as it is pretty big. The Bocce Ball appetizer was really good.
5 of us had the coconut shrimp-very good (and I am not usually a shrimp eater). Substitute the garlic mashed potatoes for the fries, you won't be sorry! Other people ordered the Lamb and Jambalaya and loved it.

Parkland, Florida, USA
“Great casual dining on the beach”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Met friends visiting from out of town at JB's. We sat outside and and had a truly great time. Lobster salad was outstanding, as were the burgers and other salads. Great service and all at very reasonable prices. A great meal on the beach!

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Horrible confusion”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

So when we asked to be put on the waiting list for the outside seating and were told no waiting inside - we just went to walk along the pier - that was it. When we came back, we wanted to get inside because we didn't want to wait any longer, well we couldn't - we would have to get another buzzer for another wait line? Really? Forget that - we went elsewhere.

Visited March 2013
California
“Adequate Food, Decent Service, Noisy Place”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The food was adequate, fairly tasty but the presentation was nothing special. The place was very busy when we arrived just before sunset, on a Wednesday. We were told an outside table would be a 1:45-2 hours wait, inside was 45 minutes. But there were seats at the inside bar (no view of the beach in there!) and they serve the full menu at the bar, too. The bartender was attentive and quick. The place started to quiet down a bit after sunset when the view was gone. There is no parking to speak of either at the restaurant or nearby, so plan to use the valet service which is reasonably priced at $4.

The noise and activity level won't let me classify this as a romantic restaurant. It didn't seem very family-friendly either. But it does seem to be very popular given the long wait times. I just can't figure out why. I have no plans to go back with so many other choices in the area.