“An Amazing Store, Years of experience with them.”
Review of Dixie Divers

Dixie Divers
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in Deerfield Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: At Dixie Divers our facility includes our own pool on premise and our own boat, Lady Go Diver, a 48' Marine Management boat powered by twin 871 Detroit diesel engines. The Lady was designed as a dive boat not converted into one. She is equipped with all safety gear, fire extinguishers, life jackets, O2 and first aid kit. On board you will find a full size head (bath room), fresh water shower, and a large easy to board dive platform with two ladders. Sodas, water and snacks are provided on all trips. The bow is easy to access and offers a nice spot to enjoy the rides to and from the dive sites. If you choose to, you may come up on the fly bridge and chat with the captain and the locals. She is not a speedboat and we do not race anywhere so you get to enjoy the scenery both in the Intracoastal Waterway and along the beaches. These guys know all the good places to look for interesting things on the reefs and wrecks. Come out and enjoy the biggest dive boat in the Deerfield / Pompano area.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been diving with dixie divers since they had their little shop in the Hillsboro cove and I have never been disappointed. It's been 3 years since I have been on a dive and on 6-1 was my first set of dives, the crew upon the Lady go diver was extremely helpful and attentive in my re-entry to the diving world, While im not a new diver and have over 150 Dives (all with Dixie Divers on the Lady Go) they made sure I was ready and had a fun, safe, and enjoyable set of dives. The staff at Dixie was more than helpful and answered all my questions happily. The shop has anything any diver needs and then some I would recommend if your looking for something starting there. The dives were excellent! The boat drops were spot on (no random sand drops), and the abundance of aquatic life was awesome. From Sea Turtles, Grouper, Hogfish, Skate, Eels, Lobster, Crabs, if you haven't been out recently I recommend you get out soon.

1  Thank James649
in 24 reviews
"great weather"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed June 3, 2013

A co worker of mine referred me to Dixie Diver, due to my work schedule I had to do the online class first. The staff at Dixie Diver worked with my schedule and hooked me up with Keith Higdon to be my instructor for my dives. What a great experience, not only being patient but helpful in explaining the differences with and recommending of equipment. A big shout out to Keith, Joel, Chad and the rest of the staff at Dixie Divers for all their help.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I purchased a groupon deal for a snorkeling experience with Dixie Divers while on vacation in Florida. Everyone at Dixie Divers was friendly and very helpful! Despite the cooler and gloomy weather, the staff worked to get us all pumped and excited to enjoy our time. We went to two different locations for snorkeling and the trip lasted about 4 hours. They provided snacks and drinks. A great experience.....thanks Dixie Divers! We'll see you again next year.
Dan and Lydia S.
sabrina_lms@hotmail.com

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have to say that my open water certification class with Keith Higdon was awesome! Dixie Divers staff was helpful from the day I went in to inquire about the class! Keith made it a lot of fun but really taught us a lot! The crew on the Lady Go Diver were a blast and super helpful with handling all the gear on and off the boat. Can't wait to go back! Looking forward to the Pier Clean up day for a beach dive! Thanks again to Keith and everyone at Dixie Divers! I can't believe I waited so long to get my certification but so glad I did and with a great group of people!

2  Thank Stacy R
See more reviews
Reviewed May 25, 2013

they had travelzoo deal, so I bought one coupon for myself, when I arrived to their place there was a big line of people registering, after waiting a while in line a tall guy asked me to fill some extensive paperwork, then asked me to show printed travelzoo coupon, I told them that I called a day before and they said it was ok to show coupon on cell phone, so I showed screenshot on the coupon on my cell phone, then the guy started to complain that he can't see it, although all the details including coupon # and name were clearly visible, he had glasses, but he wore them on forehead instead of eyes, so I told him why didn't he put glasses on. He replied something weird "then I can't read it", not sure what is that supposed to mean, but I got an impression that he was just an ***hole, then he asked me to dictate him coupon numbers and i did, then he took my credit card numbers in case I don't return equipment back. Then he gave me some kind of ticket and I had to drive to some other place where their boat is supposed to depart from, that place didn't have any parking space available, so I had to drive to nearest plaza and park my car there. Then there was some technical problem with the boat, but they fixed it quite fast. There were too many people for the boat, so many people had to sit on a front deck under scorching sun. On board crew was friendly, with exception of captain throwing in some rude jokes from time to time. A lot of paperwork to fill for this trip, you fill one paperwork in Dixie Divers shop, then they ask you again to fill some paperwork on board of the boat, looks like soon the amount of paperwork will be not less then when you fill your taxes. They took us on first reef location where sunken ship is supposed to be, but crew communication was poor and it was not clear where the ship actually was, then second location was just 100 meters from the first one. I saw some beautiful fish in both locations, not the same as in Red Sea, but still nice to watch.
Would I go there again? probably not, because of poor customer service in the shop