“Old Fashioned Motel”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Leeper
“Old Fashioned Motel”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had the pleasure of returning to my hometown of Deerfield Beach September of 2012. I took a chance and booked the Carriage House Resort for 4 days of my stay. I am roach-phobic so I was a bit concerned about an older motel actually really being clean and bug free. When I called to book I very openly asked how their bug control was, stating that I grew up in South Florida and realized that bugs are an integral part of the environment down there and that even the best places have problems with control. They assured me they had a routine spraying program but were also honest enough to admit that it could not be guaranteed there would be no bugs...(a fact I knew, but I hoped that at least they weren't overrun). I was pleasantly surprised to not see even ONE bug in the room, and really didn't even see any outside the motel, although I am sure being Florida they were there. The location was great...a block and a half from the beach. It was quiet and I felt safe. I look forward to staying there again this August. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. It was great having a small refrigerator in the room. The air conditioning worked well and everything at the facility was well maintained. The pool is not large but it is adequate. I enjoyed it so much I left my sister's house in Palm City a day early and re-booked my room for my last night in Florida. When I checked in I almost cried when the lady checking me in said "welcome home". The staff are friendly and helpful. I can hardly wait until I return and expect this upcoming stay to be just as enjoyable.

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor and I don't like to have a suite or kitchen. When I am on vacation I...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Holly D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pasadena, California
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I just returned from a three night stay at the Carriage House and must say, I am totally impressed. This place is more of a hotel than a resort, but that is all I needed. The room was incredibly spacious (I had an apartment with a kitchen and king sized bed). The pool was clean and steps from my door. And the beach is less than a block away behind the hotel. The hotel has chairs and umbrellas for guests to take to the beach, but Deerfield Beach also has these cool wooden loungers on the beach that you can use if you can get one. I could get one everyday because unfortunately it rained my whole vacation!

The best thing about this hotel is the innkeepers! Daniel and Flavio were just wonderful. They gave great suggestions for things to do in the area, especially since it was raining and made my visit feel like I was staying with family. These guys are truly the best!

Although I hope when you visit is is the sunny Florida I know and love, if it is overcast or raining there is still a lot to do!

Gumbo Limbo (Daniel's great suggestion!) Nature Park--pet baby turtles, hike on an easy trail to the intercoastal waterway, and check out the butterfly garden. This place is great for kids and adults and is only about 8 minutes away from the hotel.

Boca Raton Musuem of Art--Fantastic! Great exhibits and a wonderful sculpture garden. Also, the shopping area nearby is really nice! 10 minute drive

Festival Flea Market--100s of shops for cheapy and some higher end items (indoors). Great place for souvenirs! 15 minute drive

JB's Restaurant--Live music on the beach, walking distance. Great oysters, cold beer!

Shopping on A1A in Deerfield. A few cute shops with beach souvenirs.

The Beach!!! Even when it was overcast, Deerfield Beach is a great place to walk around or sit on a bench and take in the sites.

Although I hoped for a sunny vacation, I had a great time regardless. Thanks to Carriage House for making it so comfortable. I will be back!!

Room Tip: I liked having a kitchen. It is well equipped with dishes, glassware, silverware, etc. There is a Pu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have visited the Motel over the past 3 years or so. Happy to report it remains consistently very good. Staff always helpful. Room very clean. Bed comfortable. Strong Wi-fi signal. Easy access to restaurants, either walking or nearby Federal Highway. Will return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a small 30 unit motel-hotel . Beach is a 30 sec walk away. We stayed 6 nights and then added an extra night. Everyone was very polite and accommodating. Flavio was amazing. This guy was all over the place: cleaning the pool, checking in people, giving advise on places to go... Wonderful person. My grandkids are in boca raton( 4 miles west) so from here on I'm staying at carriage house always !!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Dublin
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Very convenient location for Deerfield Beach, within walking distance of beach and all of Deerfield Beach. We spent a week here at Easter on a budget in one of the "efficiency units" which was comfortable and clean. Car parking was excellent and the free WiFi is almost an essential these days. The pool was lovely and had plenty of poolside deck chairs. There was a lovely atmosphere throughout.

Deerfield Beach is a lovely place to stay and is the ideal location for touring and also for its beach and numerous nearby restaurants. The Carriage House Hotel is ideal as a base both for the touring and relaxation.

The staff here were excellent and very helpful. All in all I would highly recommend the Carriage House Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
vancouver
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The Carriage House Motel is centrally located. A very short 5 minute stroll to the beach and about 10 minutes to the shops and restaurants.There is a grocery store a short drive away as well as fast food restaurants. Very easy to find from the highway. We had a 2 bedroom unit and it was very spacious. The kitchen was small but adequate. They had a fair size pool with lounge chairs. There was also a shuffle board game along side the pool that was a lot of fun. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They could use some updating but all in all it was clean and good value. Would recommend for a family on a budget. They include parking and internet in the cost.

Room Tip: There are rooms on ground level that may be more fitting to access the pool as their doors open up t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was a great find for our 10-day stay in the area for a reasonable price. Our room was large, the bathroom a reasonable size, and the kitchen small. We were always able to find a convenient parking spot. Nice not to be in a big hotel, park far away, take an elevator and have a long walk to the room. The decor is definitely dated, and the kitchen, although adequate, could use a facelift and new utensils, dinnerware and cookware. Management was friendly. We did not spend any time by the pool, but did enjoy the short walk to the beach and restaurants.

Room Tip: We were happy on the second floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
daencro, General Manager at Carriage House Resort Motel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
During this past summer we remodeled most of our units with new furniture. We now have flat panel TVs, new bedspreads and window treatments, All rooms were painted and most of the furniture was upgraded. The carpets in the Hotel Rooms were replaced by tile. When necessary kitchenware and utensils are replaced by new sets from Ikea. We upgraded the wifi system to the latest technology. We continue to upgrade the rooms. Check our website to see the many changes we made to our units. Several new restaurants and stores giving our guests more choices and the famous fishing pier area is more beautiful each day.