“Fantastic dining experience!”

Zorba's Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #13 of 30 Restaurants in DeBary
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tony Paitaris, a native of the island of Lesvos, Greece, has worked, operated and owned several successful restaurants in Connecticut and Massachusetts. Upon his arrival to Central Florida, he noticed a lack of restaurants offering "authentic Greek cuisine", which inspired him to open Zorba's Restaurant & Pizzeria. He brings us his 30 plus years of culinary expertise to satisfy your craving for the flavors of Greece! He wishes you in Greek, "Kali Orexi!" or "Good Appetite!"
Reviewed November 28, 2012

A great find with so many options to choose from. If you have been looking for "true" Greek food within a cozy family friendly restaurant at reasonable prices-this is the place for you. Some of the best food I have ever enjoyed (and my Cheri is a gourmet cook!) This place is a treasure in a nice quiet little town. Don't leave without some baklava!

1  Thank gregjcorum

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Everything is wonderful, from the time you call (we ordered to go) to the preparation time, to the pick up. The food is outstanding and the people are warm and wonderful. I love this place.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Cute little place, nice and clean inside, situated in the small town of DeBary.

The quality of the food was great ! .................. BUT ..............

The waitress seated us and was 'on us' in a matter of seconds to see if we were ready to order.

My wife ordered hummus and explained that she was allergic to dairy products and peppers/spices (So, don't butter the Pita and don't sprinkle the hummus with paprika).

I ordered the mixed plate, which has small samples of traditional Greek recipes (All of which were great).

The waitress brings the hummus and it's a shade of orange/red ! We immediately asked if it was a Red pepper hummus, she said "YES" ! ..... DUH. We then stated again that my wife was allergic to red peppers and that she couldn't eat it. I also stated that on the menu it made no mention of this (Actual menu states; "Our Own Home Made Hummus Chickpea Spread"). The waitress says "that's the only way we make it here" and picks up the plate, but then places it down leaving it on our table. We both wondered if she was going to remove it.

I was served a delicious home made bread roll (Included with my main course), which I asked if the waitress could provide a small plate with some olive oil on, so my wife good enjoy the bread instead of the hummus/pita. The waitress said the only way this could be done is if she charges for the 'Olive Oil, Oregano & Spice' appetizer, which comes with 2 more bread rolls. I told her 'OK', but please remove the Oregano & Spices. She brings a plate with olive oil AND OREGANO ! The quality of the olive oil was very poor, probably a very basic cooking quality, not for dipping.

We finish our food, and the 'offending' hummus/pita is still on the table untouched. We ask for the bill and tell the waitress she can remove the hummus/pita. The waitress asks if we would like it in a to-go box, to which we AGAIN advise her, my wife is allergic to the bell peppers, it doesn't say bell peppers on the menu, and if she tasted it her throat would constrict and we'd have to call 911 ! After this she finally gets the message and takes it from the table, BUT NOT FROM THE BILL !!!!!

Rather than cause a fuss, we decided enough was enough. We calculated what a normal tip would have been and deducted the price of the hummus !

DISASTROUS, INATTENTIVE, SERVICE ! which completely spoiled the good quality of food.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Everything was an up sell. Waitress didn't listen to dietary requirements. (Allergy to bell pepper). Served red pepper hummus, when menu has no mention of red pepper in hummus. We didn't touch the plate, and sent it back. This was not removed from the bill. Asked for olive oil instead of bread. Was advised that we would have to purchase more bread in order to receive a plate of olive oil for dipping. Not worth it. The olive oil was of a poor cooking quality. Will not return to this restaurant.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stopped in for lunch while passing through and had a gyro and fries. The gyro was excellent in every regard. The tzatziki could have been the best I've ever had. The fries were cut from unpeeled potatoes which I consider inferior, but were good considering.

Been to Zorba's Restaurant & Pizzeria? Share your experiences!