“Excellent gyro”

Zorba's Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #13 of 30 Restaurants in DeBary
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tony Paitaris, a native of the island of Lesvos, Greece, has worked, operated and owned several successful restaurants in Connecticut and Massachusetts. Upon his arrival to Central Florida, he noticed a lack of restaurants offering "authentic Greek cuisine", which inspired him to open Zorba's Restaurant & Pizzeria. He brings us his 30 plus years of culinary expertise to satisfy your craving for the flavors of Greece! He wishes you in Greek, "Kali Orexi!" or "Good Appetite!"
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stopped in for lunch while passing through and had a gyro and fries. The gyro was excellent in every regard. The tzatziki could have been the best I've ever had. The fries were cut from unpeeled potatoes which I consider inferior, but were good considering.

Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

My daughter and I went here for dinner a few weeks ago,because we were frequent diners at Stavros pizza that was there before zorbas. We thought we would check it out. The decor was more of a diner and we didn't get service for like 15 minutes. Also it wasn't a server she said she was a hostess, and that the server was to busy to take care of us. We ordered a greek salad and a calzone. The salad was terrible with hardly any feta. Also the calzone was ok but the sauce was bland and tasteless. Its very overpriced for the quality of food you get and the overall experience wasn't good. Won't be returning.

1  Thank Deanna J
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My girl friend and I went today to have lunch and found the restaurant very clean and comfortable. Service was fast, and the server very friendly and helpful. We thought the prices were high for a lunch, but then we chose the Greek specialities She had the Pastichio while I had the gyro platter. We thought the food was delicious and plentiful and we had enough leftover for another meal. The side salads was fresh, cold, colorful and quite flavorful. Bread terrific. I would go back again as a special treat.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I had some awesome fish here tonight! It was baked with a stuffing and will be the kind of thing that I will crave until I go back to get more! The service was great too!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

July 22, 2012
Doesn't like it
EditUnbelieveable!!
by cathy (1 review)
Let me say we WERE REGULARS in this establishment! A couple times the food was not the greatest nor the service but it is convenient to out home so we always went back. Tonight we placed our orders for eggplant and fettucini alfredo. Had garlic knots for an appetizer. The waitress (daughter of the owner/manager/cook ?) filled sprite glasses with water, forgot where we were sitting (there was only 2 other tables with people at them) and we had to ask for our bread that comes with the meal because she couldn't remember such a thing as that. She just assumed we wanted the house oil on our salads as well so that's what we got and we didn't even say anything about that! That was the beginning. When the meal arrived which was about 1/2 and hour after we ordered , the eggplant was slime and the edges of the pan were burnt. the meatballs appeared to not be burnt but the dish was all aroung the edge. The dish was nothing but melted cheese and slimy green stuff. My husband sent it back and... more »Let me say we WERE REGULARS in this establishment! A couple times the food was not the greatest nor the service but it is convenient to out home so we always went back. Tonight we placed our orders for eggplant and fettucini alfredo. Had garlic knots for an appetizer. The waitress (daughter of the owner/manager/cook ?) filled sprite glasses with water, forgot where we were sitting (there was only 2 other tables with people at them) and we had to ask for our bread that comes with the meal because she couldn't remember such a thing as that. She just assumed we wanted the house oil on our salads as well so that's what we got and we didn't even say anything about that! That was the beginning. When the meal arrived which was about 1/2 and hour after we ordered , the eggplant was slime and the edges of the pan were burnt. the meatballs appeared to not be burnt but the dish was all aroung the edge. The dish was nothing but melted cheese and slimy green stuff. My husband sent it back and the wiatress commented "Oh you're not diggin that?" She asked what he wanted to do and he said just to bring some ziti. Then she dissapeared. I waited and tried to eat slowly while fettuccini is coagulating. Finally we saw her and said to just cancel the rest as we were ready to leave, but she said no she was too SCARED to go back to tell "him" can't we just wait and take it to go. We said no. SO we wait another 5 or so minutes and go up to the register. The manager/wife/owner bills us for everything! We tell her he did not eat the eggplant it went back and she says "well we have to do something because there was nothing wrong with it and you ordered ziti and don't want it. The sauce is the same as what she had. " I looked at her and said,,"I had alfreado what are you talking about?" SHe began to argue about how there was nothing wrong with the food so We left after paying $33 and left the table with more than half of my meal on it and are so appalled at this behavior I can't wait to tell everyone I know in DeBary what a joke this place is. I at least feel better knowing we ran off 2 customers that were entering the door by telling them how bad we were treated. SO a $10.00 meal is going to cost them 10 fold in the end. Wow is all I can say at this point.

1  Thank zipkity

Been to Zorba's Restaurant & Pizzeria? Share your experiences!