“Disappointed”

Swamp House Riverfront Grill
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in DeBary
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Swamp House Grill is located overlooking the St Johns River and Highbanks Marina in peaceful, beautiful Debary Florida. If you're looking for good food with a homegrown, old-Florida vibe then we're your place! Please feel free to bring your well behaved dogs and eat downstairs at The Happy Snapper Tiki Bar on Saturdays and Sundays.
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

It was such a nice drive to get there and such a great location right on St John river. Outside of building is very nice and inviting. Once inside we where seated right away. From that point on it was terrible. Only about 30 people in restrauant and it took server 15 min just to come to our table. Once she got there we placed drink and food order. We got fried gator in about 10 mins. It was so over battered and so much sause that we couldn't even tell we where eating anything. We sat 50 more min to get our main meal. Fish BLT was mushy like from frozen fish. Gumbo was fair. Sweet potatoe and French fries where fair.

Don't waste your time or money.

3 Thank aaronmyers

Orange City, Florida
“Swamp house grill”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Loved the amazing food , which was all perfectly cooked . All the meals are fairly priced , and there is a nice view from the seating area . You can go here by water or land !

Sanford, Florida
“It should be swampy house”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Decided to go there,after not having visited for awhile to have lunch. I was quickly seated and provided with a menu. The waitress took my drink order and I sat for awhile. Finally she appeared with my drink and I ordered the fish and chips. I noticed the food was a bit overpriced for this area but I thought maybe it is exceptional,since I hadn't been there for several months I wasn't sure. The ambiance was good,it's right on the St.John's River with a great view. My meal arrived and I dug in,the fish was a bit heavy on the batter and mushy inside with not much flavor,probably frozen before cooking,but there were three nice sized pieces. If you liked french fries you had way more than you could eat, it was a literal mound,average for fries. My bill for the meal,iced tea and a reasonable tip was over $21.00.
The service was slow or missing,the food barely average,except the cole slaw it was good. I won't recommend it to anyone,in fact I've already steered a group away from there.

5 Thank jhaw977187
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive, but Delicious!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We ordered 3 sandwiches; the black and blue burger, the grilled Mahi Mahi, and the fried catfish, 2 Coronas, 2 raspberry ice tea, 1 sprite ... Total $67! Expensive but delicious :) I plan to return and try the lobster pot pie.

1 Thank SaRivera
Orlando
“Great Food, Excellent Service, Riverview and Great Music”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

First time back with "New Management" . It far exceeded are expextations.
Great Food, Wonderful Excellent Service by "Stephie", knowledgeable, honest and right on suggestions and Supreme Service.
My wife a non-drinker enjoyed a Chocolate Martini that was "Fanrtastic".
We can't wait to go back again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hank and Jackie Groton 8/10/2013