“Fantastic food with a great atmosphere and excellent service!”

Genuine Bistro & Lounge
Ranked #11 of 30 Restaurants in DeBary
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 17-92 and Highbanks
Description: Located in Downtown DeBary on the corner of 17-92 and Highbanks Rd. At GENUINE Bistro & Lounge you can find a taste of international flavors, hometown favorites, fine wines, premium liquors and always a GENUINE good time! Straight from work, out and about, or right out of the river... Come as you are for a fun and relaxing atmosphere! HAPPY HOUR EVERY DAY!11:30 AM TO 7:00 PM
DeBary, Florida
“Fantastic food with a great atmosphere and excellent service!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have been coming to this restaurant for years and have always had excellent service. Everyone working there treats you like family and is very hospitable. They have some great specials everyday and we love to come for the live music on the weekends. My favorite appetizer is the artichoke dip, we get that almost every time we go. For a salad I would recommend the Chop Salad which I sometimes choose for my dinner with blackened chicken. Their burgers are so delicious and juicy and I recommend the Bacon Jam Burger for a really fantastic treat! My favorite newer entree is the Chicken Cordon Blue but the Shrimp and Grits is an all time favorite among the whole family. Overall, this is the best restaurant in the local area if you want something other than all the chain crap around. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013

DeBary, Florida, United States
“sneaky way of charging extra”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I went to Genuine with a large group of friends and ordered the cesar salad for $4.99. Our server asked how I would like my chicken. I told her. She failed to mention that it will be an additional cost for the chicken. When I got my bill, I was now charged $8.98! I find it pathetic to charge almost $4.00 extra for just a few pieces of skimpy chicken. I also was upset about paying $2.29 for a smalll cup of coffee! This place is a rip off. I will never again go back and I will spread the word on Facebook about my deceit.

• Visited May 2013
DeBary, Florida
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We recommend anybody come visit this restaurant. We are regular patrons.

I definitely go when they have Diver Scallops. It isn't very often but it's such a treat. I've had the salmon dinner. I've liked everything I've had there.

I love the children's menu. It is inside a children's book. How clever.

The owners make regular rounds to check on customers if they are satisfied. The atmosphere is nice. There is inside/ outside dining.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Amy R
Deltona, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“walked out”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

first visit was ok so we returned one day for lunch. There was only one server and she was frazzeled and what we considered rude. it was obvious to us that she had all the patrons she wanted so we left.

1 Thank ro1945
“Don't waste your $$”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

overpriced, everything is an "extra", the only good thing was the shrimp & grits says my husband. the music and be the only way to get customers in there. really, there are much better restaurants around town.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank MsFlorida32713

Been to Genuine Bistro & Lounge? Share your experiences!