Tripadvisor
Search

“Amazing little cafe”

MG Coffee Brews & Bites
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in DeBary
Description: MG Coffee Brews & Bites offers pastries, cakes and sweets made daily on premises as well as sandwich creations. Try one of our coffee drinks made from organic, fresh roasted coffee from different parts of the world or have a cup of tea made from loose leaf teas!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Found this on google maps as we were in DeBary looking for a place for lunch.
we almost didn't stop as the outside didn't look very inviting.
That would have been a huge mistake. the owner was very friendly and makes amazing chicken salad. And believe me I am very particular about my chicken salad
It was served on a baked sweet potato. Yes... how unusual is that
It was delicious. My husband had a cheese and vegetable foccacia. Since we were too full for the beautiful pastries , we took some home.
Highly recommend this wonderful little bakery/cafe

Date of visit: January 2020
917mgc, Owner at MG Coffee Brews & Bites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review Carmen! We're happy that you've decided to stop by to have lunch and glad to hear that you liked our chicken salad! Hope to see you again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (29)

Reviewed October 22, 2019 via mobile

My work partner and I try to get by MG's at least once a week. Everything is just delicious and made from the heart. First, the spicy chicken rolls are to die for and made from a family recipe. Best to come early before they sell out! So many things are delicious it's difficult to choose. Also appreciate that MG's accommodates people on Keto with delicious lo carb berry sundaes and omelet cups. I didn't even mention the teas and coffees! Such a nice homey spot with soul. Thank you MG Coffee Brews and Bites!

Date of visit: October 2019
MG C, Owner at MG Coffee Brews & Bites, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2019

Thank you for keep coming back! It always warms our hearts to hear about happy customers!

Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

The tuna salad is not some spiced up canned mixture. It’s high quality delicious tuna! Our family also ordered the Black Forest Turkey special and the chicken salad. My mother in law ate here last week and nearly every day for the past 7 days she’s said “that was the best bread I’ve had in MY LIFE”. I kept jokingly asking her to clarify, “are you sure it was the best IN YOUR LIFE?” and she responded with a hearty YES!

Give it a try - you won’t be disappointed!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

I enjoy a good coffee shop and a few bakery items and have been to quite a few shops between here and Maine. We are fortunate to have MGs in our neighborhood.
The crew and owners are very nice and it always makes my day to stop in on my way to Sunrail or points south, which I do often.
About the cakes, pies, sweetbreads and other bakery items, I am very aware of our options in west volusia for a special occasion or when company comes. I highly recommend this place.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 27, 2019

If you are looking for a quality, this is the place. In a country of Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts, MG Coffee is like an oasis in a desert.

They serve REAL coffee. You can actually feel the COFFEE. They know what Latte or Cappuccino is ;) It is organic, delicious, and so far the best I tried in the USA. And they have a good variety of it so you can choose from mild to strong.

Next - cakes. Cakes there are unique. It is not Walmart style :) Again, you can feel the flavors. They use less sugar so you can feel the taste of the ingredients instead of just tons of sugar. And the variety of them is so different from what you can buy in stores.

Yes, the place is small. Not everyone likes that kind of style. But they created a real European environment there. The owners are great. It is a place where you can meet friends and a place you want to return to.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank LudaM9

Been to MG Coffee Brews & Bites? Share your experiences!