“Superior Service very close to airport and mall”

Extended Stay America - Daytona Beach - International Speedway
Ranked #41 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I would rate my experience with Extended Stay America -Daytona Beach excellent, and I never rate hotels but this place I just felt compelled to do so. I stayed 3 nights and it was the most comfortable, outstanding customer service I have encountered. First the hotel is down the street less than a mile from the Daytona Airport, very convenient. Second if u love to shop like me, the mall is directly behind the hotel pretty much in the same parking lot. It's minutes away from super Walmart maybe about 10 minutes, and central to many other fast food places. As I was there for my nephews graduation which happen to be near the boardwalk about 15 minute drive from hotel, this is also major tourist attraction. Many beaches in area, inexpensive places to eat and I'm a bargain shopper, there are places to eat for all prices ranges and many places to shop for gifts for family and friends most stores were having great sales.
When I entered the hotel June 1 in the evening the receptionist was so accomadting, she explained activities to do in the area. When I walked in the room, it was a home away from home full kitchen, (stove, microwave, toaster, regrif. Freezer with ice trays, pots pans, plenty of utensils and can opener) nice size closet , everything was clean. No bugs which I looked for. The pots and pans etc. we're clean. The oven and toaster was clean even the refrigerator. I did buy dish detergent at Walmart to wash them before I ate out of them.. Nice size living room with flat screen and DVD player,. Plenty of good channels on tv. Free wifi which was a plus. The wifi service was really good. The bed was so comfortable and pretty large, if you are looking for a home away from home that allows you to shop for groceries and cook in room. This is the place.. There was a nice size pool, laundry facilities on site, fitness room which had a good selection of fairly new equipment. My sister loved the fitness room and my nieces and nephew loved the pool. I highly recommend this establishment . Oh the tv swivels. When your ready to go to bed you can swivel it to watch in bed. There is nothing bad I can say about my stay. The receptionist was so great. Wish I remembered her name..

Rachelle

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachelle M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Daytona Beach - International Speedway, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Rachelle - Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. I was very pleased to hear that everything went perfect with your stay. With our parking lot connecting to the Volusia Mall, being very close to numerous restaurants, and only 4 miles from the beach our location makes us a great choice when visiting Daytona Beach. I was also glad to hear Diane was able to help you find fun things to do while in Daytona.

Thank you again. I hope we can host you and your family again the next time you are in Daytona Beach!

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Daytona Beach - International Speedway

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

The room was nice and spacious, it has a kitchen with fridge, microwave and stoves. The cooking utensils were limited to 2 persons. The towels and carpet were a little worn-out. Although the room was pretty clean, we did found a few small bugs in the room. Grab and Go breakfast incl coffee, tea, cereal bars and muffins. The hotel is just opposite the Speedway and the international airport. Target is close by, as well as the Volusia Mall (just cross the parking lot). Super WalMart is just a little 10 min drive away.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Daytona Beach - International Speedway, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Shirley - Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your nice, spacious, clean room. As well, it is great that you were able to take advantage of our wonderful location which has easy access to the mall, the beach, Target, Wal-Mart and K-mart.

We hope we can host you again the next time you are in Daytona Beach!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Thanks to all staff members for going above and beyond to make our three adult family comfortable during a stressful relocation. Excellent Grab and Go Breakfast. I might suggest using the in room cooking facilities for people dissatisfied with this perk. Most extended stay hotels that are not overpriced do not include breakfast. Think overall value and convenience with an excellent front desk and staff. And they accept pets.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Zeek556

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our property. I'm glad to hear the staff went above and beyond to make your stay comfortable and stress free. I hope we can host you again the next time your in Daytona Beach!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Extended Stay America is not just for extended stays. I stayed one night, thought it was great value for the money, well located for my purposes, and have never been received so well by staff at any hotel anywhere. Would definitely consider an extended stay if I had the need for same. Hope to return some time in the future. I understand some improvements to the property are under consideration for the future. Replacing the hallways carpet would be no. 1 on my list. Staff "Martha" and "Stacey" I would try to hire away if I had a business of my own--simply the best. If you are into eating healthy, you might consider bringing your own breakfast; after all, you have a full kitchen in your room. Unless upscale and pricey are your idea of a hotel stay, try this one--you'll like it!

Room Tip: Depends what you want. We were happy to be on the first floor near everything.
Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ViajeraParaSiempre
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Daytona Beach - International Speedway, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your recent stay! I was very happy to read your comments and will definitely pass along your kind words to our staff. Once again thank you for your review and I hope we can provide you with another enjoyable stay in the near future.

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Clean room except for filthy carpets. People upstairs dropping something like bowling balls for hours until front desk paid them a visit. Near speedway but waaaayyyyyy far from beach. Shining Star was Diane at front desk. Amazing Customer Svc. Excellent coffee on grab n go breakfast.
Beware!!! Travelocity lists this as 3 star!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Daytona Beach - International Speedway, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Virginia - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that Diane provided you with amazing customer service, that you enjoyed the coffee so much and that you felt your room was clean as well as comfortable. Still, I am sorry you were disturbed by surrounding neighbors and that the carpet in your room was not clean. We strive to make every guests stay an enjoyable one; it sounds like we were unable to do that for you.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

After several bad hotel experiences, it is great to find a good place. You'll love this place. The free breakfast is small but good. Some room noise so bring ear plugs. Pool is small but adequate. Need something? Just ask and staff will give it to you.

Room Tip: Room construction permits noise. Bring ear plugs
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gerardus S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Daytona Beach - International Speedway, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. The staff and I are so proud to be able to offer all of our guests friendly customer service, a relaxing pool to swim in and free breakfast. overall, it is our goal to make every guests stay as enjoyable as possible. By reading your review it appears we were able to do this!

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I recently stayed here and Diane on night shift was pleasant and cared about the customer. she called my room within 10 min to make sure room was OK and clean or she was going to move me. customer service was a delight. Room was spacious and clean continental Breakfast was good. Enjoyed my stay. would stay again. I stayed at a different hotel night before across street and it was miserable. good clean and people are nice here
Free wifi in room flat screen with Dish kitchenette

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Daytona Beach - International Speedway, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel! We pride ourselves on the top-notch customer service that Diane displayed, our clean and spacious rooms which all include fully equipped kitchens, 32 inch flat screen TV's and free Wi-Fi. I'm so glad to hear that our convenient everyday grab and go breakfast that consists of muffins, fruit, oatmeal, granola bars, coffee/tea/hot-chocolate was to your liking.

Once more thank you for posting your review and we looking forward to see you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area!