“Old but fairly clean”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Marietta, Georgia
“Old but fairly clean”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a great location. Breakfast is just ok, but the ladies taking care of breakfast are wonderful (almost makes up for lack of quality and selection). Rooms are old and musty (covered up by heavy deodorizer, it will knock you over if you don't run the fan). However, the cleaning staff was attentive and helpful. The parking situation is not good. Limitations are not clarified on website when reserving the rooms, nor do they have any sort of overflow lot like so many other hotels do. Overall, the price is better than many hotel along this stretch, but you do get what you pay for.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Angelahearn, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am pleased to read that you had great experiences with my Staff they work hard daily to give you 100% Guest Satisfaction. I do hope you will come back and stay with us again in the near future.

Angela Hearn, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 1, 2014

After a change of plans, booked a one-night stay at Comfort Inn and Suites, Daytona Beach. Wish could have spent longer there, as it was so much better than I envisioned from the reviews on line. Yes, it is an older building, but that is the only minus on the list. Mike at check in was extremely professional, hospitable, and informative. Seemed that he very much liked his job! The room was spotless and was just as good as the $230/per night hotel we just left in Orlando. The linen was immaculate; could not find a piece of dirt anywhere, and, believe me, I always look. Was due oceanfront with beautiful view. First thing this morning, looked out and saw an employee (gentleman) spraying the garbage can near pool and wiping it down. Later on during the morning, everywhere I looked, he was wiping down elevators, handrails, everything! The breakfast (which was free) was totally awesome with the girls happily assisting the guests with their breakfasts. Breakfast room was so clean it sparkled and food was delicious! Just can't say enough about this establishment and the way it was being managed. I would definitely go again. Only minus is the hallways which do appear old and quite small; everything else was certainly beyond my expectations!

Room Tip: WAs in room 326 which was perfect!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Angelahearn, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am thrilled that you had a great time and so pleased that you noticed and noted all of the Staff's hard work. It is always inspiring to read these to the Staff it just confirms their hard work each day does pay off with happy Guest like you and your family. I do hope we will see you again in the near future and again thank you.

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We blocked 20 rooms for a racing organization and everyone seemed to be well pleased with the location of the property and the friendliness of the entire staff. The complimentary breakfast was great. The property needs some upgrades to keep up with the electronic age, but the Wi-Fi worked great. We did have to purchase an extension cord in order to use everything we needed to use with our computer, however. The place is clean and that means a lot! I would certainly return for another visit, whether it be businss or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It was a pleasure to house your group but you must make sure you don't wait so many years again before you all get together. Each of you were amazing and had some wonderful stories. I do hope you will come stay with us again in the near future.

Calmar, Iowa
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Clean rooms, friendly staff and a sight of the beach that looks like your sitting in a postcard! Breakfast was great (wish it was held in a bigger room) but the selection was very satisfying and (I believe her name was Patty) the lady who works in there was great. The folks at the desk are amazing as well, anything we asked for they did thier best to make it happen. This was the first real vacation for my family in years and I'm glad we chose this place. Keep up the good work!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is great to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I do hope you will come stay with us again in the near future. Pat was very excited to see her name on here so thank you for that it just confirms to the Employees that they are making a difference everyday.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stay at a lot of Comfort Inn & Suites and always get the 2-person hot tub rooms. This location had the nicest layout and suite we've ever stayed at. We watched the ocean waves while sitting in our private tub. The suite was at the very end of the building and very quiet. Pool was very clean. Mike at the front desk was exceptionally polite and hospitable. Even through this is an older property, it was every bit as good as the newer sites...in fact, even better.

Room Tip: Ocean view 2-person tub suite. Great rate right before race week
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is truly a wonderful to read that the Staff and I made your vacation as perfect as we could. We pride ourselves on giving the best vacation destination we possibly can and it is truly our pleasure to do so. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I checked into my room but was feeling uncomfortable because room door was a little warped & in fact it was a little hard to close. I am supremely security conscious after being robbed at knife point in a hotel room over 10 years ago so I requested that I receive another room. Mike at the front desk didn't question it and not only moved me to another room but upgraded me to a suite with a balcony. Very gracious and concerned that I enjoy my stay. Supremely pleased with the entire way this was handled.

• Stayed February 2014
Angelahearn, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while being a Guest with us. Michael as well as all of my Staff here are trained to make sure we take care of whatever may come up speedy and to your full satisfaction. We pride ourselves on not having any issues but some times that one may come up that can't be helped or just you are not happy with the accommodations given and at that time we are here to make it right. I do hope you will come back and stay with us again and always choose us as your vacation destination here in beautiful Daytona Beach.

Appleton
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We rented 3 rooms for the 2014 Rolex 24 Thursday - Monday weekend and were pleasantly surprised. None of our rooms had any problems. The hotel is older, but well-maintained, clean, and a very good value for the price. Staff was friendly and helpful. Beds were comfy. The complimentary breakfast was very good, complete with scrambled eggs and sausage, and the breakfast attendant attentive and full of stories. The pix on the website are accurate. And all this only a two-block walk from the Oyster Pub, the beer and bar food beer place in town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. The Staff and I are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope you will bring the three rooms full of family and friends to stay with us each year. Look forward to seeing your group again in the near future. And yes the Oyster Pub is amazing!