“Excellent Value”

Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
Ranked #13 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is our second time staying at this hotel during the NCA College Nationals. This hotel handles this very well. Check in was a very quick and courteous process and the morning breakfast was excellent. Usually hotel breakfast workers seem to disappear, however these two ladies seemed to attempt to be available for every request. While the hotel is a walk from the center activities, it is just far enough away that the beach is less crowded. You don't have to go through a maze to get to the pool or beach. Each night a stern yet courteous security guard greets all. The rooms are great and clean. The small kitchenettes are a tremendous advantage. Our housekeeper was Ms. Mae and she is spectacular. She worked around our schedule and strived to handle any of our requests. Her and her coworkers were full of positive attitude and even a song or two. While this is not a five star resort it is a wonderful, clean, affordable escape. We will return.

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth the price difference.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Angelahearn, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. Our Hotel works hard so things can run smoothly with the focus being on the competition not dealing with surprises at the Hotel. We want you to be able to relax with the busy schedule the teams keep. We are thrilled each year to be a return Hotel for a lot of the same teams with the NCA. Ms. Mae was so excited to have her name on here and it made me proud to have it on there as well. Again, thank you and we look forward to having your team next year!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is our 2nd time staying at this hotel, however previously it was a Days Inn. If you have come for the Ocean, please get an Oceanview room! We always do and it is worth it for us to see the ocean and hear the waves, to watch our kids either in the pool or on the beach if we are too slow to get out the door! Free Breakfast, Internet and Parking are some of the great reasons to stay here. You will find more posh hotels down towards the boardwalk, but you will pay for it! This hotel is not fancy. Peggy Sue is at the front desk more than happy to offer information about the area and where to go and where to NOT go! She suggested Charlie Horse restaurant for crablegs and I am delighted to say it was wonderful!!! Dress code: family casual. Pool is not heated. You have direct access to the beach from the pool area. There is a outdoor shower to rinse off coming in from the beach. Pool towels are free. There are fresh cookies at 5pm in the office! There is also washer and dryer available for a fee on the 1st level. There is a blow dryer, microwave, minifridge and coffee maker in room. Room is clean and updated, but not by any means luxury (just putting that out there for you Starwood freaks!) There are beach shops, restaurants and attractions within 1-10 minutes of walking. Ormond Beach is just up the road to the North if you like to grocery shop and fill your cooler with snacks, beer, soda for a lower cost.

And just so you know.... this area on ALL of Daytona Beach has its' share of homeless, beggars and such. There is no one area that is different than the other in my opinion unless you go WAY OFF to the north or south where you are too far to do anything by foot. Use common sense. These people are harmless, but their appearance can be upsetting if you are not prepared. Especially if you have children that are curious about the street people.

We love this place and will stay again

Room Tip: Ask for room with ocean view away from elevators for the quietest nights!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Angelahearn, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

The Staff and I would like to thank you for taking the time out to review our Hotel and for all the kind words spoken. Our team works hard each day to ensure everyone's vacation is a truly fantastic one. We look forward to you always choosing us as your family’s vacation destination. Hope to serve you again in the very near future.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have spent 3 months hotel to hotel for work. It was not till I spent my time at this hotel that I started to feel comfortable and at home. All of the staff were friendly and very helpful. They took the time to get to know me and always made me feel welcomed. It was all the little things they did to make me feel this way, such as holding donuts at the desk for me because they new I would be getting up late and miss their great breakfast and knew I like having 2 donuts every morning when I wake up. To the fresh pot of coffee they would have ready for me
knowing I would be there at 2 am. But most important was they did not just treat me in this manner but all guest checking in or out. Thank you for a clean safe environment. Hope to see you all soon. Vince.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Angelahearn, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Hotel. The Staff and I really enjoy positive feed back for all the hard work we do each day. It is so exciting to us to hear that we reached with you what our goal is with each Guest we have and that is excellence. I enjoyed having you stay with us and I really wish you good luck on all of your ventures with your new property as well. Please bring your family now to stay with us and make us your every year when ever you need us home away from home.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We went to Daytona on a whim while visiting family in Orlando, and pulled into the Comfort Inn with no prior knowledge of the property. The front desk attendant was cordial, but not overly friendly as she gave us room rates. We chose a "city" (aka parking lot) view over an ocean view because of the $50 price difference for the night... poor choice on our part. Around 4am we were woken by a drunken woman loudly swearing and talking to herself as she hung around the motel across the street. The street noise from the passing street was surprisingly loud, at times even able to be heard over the constant fan of the air conditioner.

The rooms were dated, with orange/yellow walls and a bathroom with a fluorescent light and rattling fan.On the plus side, the room was clean. The property had a nice pool with beachfront access that we unfortunately didn't get to take advantage of because the weather was too cool.

In general, we would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Opt for a room without a "city view"; the street noise is terrible.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amrose919

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel. I am disappointed to learn that your stay was anything but excellent. Next time you are going to be in our area give me a call ahead of time and I will make sure you get an ocean front room, the view is fantastic!!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

For a large group of racing folks at the Daytona 24 race, this was a great stay. Location was great to forget we were there to work at the race track. Because our group was large and plans did change on our end, we had to make some changes and the management people were great to accomodate us. Peggy Sue and Angela are great and they made sure they touched base with me before we left to talk about the stay. Great customer service!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Angelahearn, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for the great review. The Staff and I enjoyed your race team staying with us and really hope that you will choose us each year for your housing needs. The Staff and I strive very hard each day to make sure everyone is happy and with a big group like yours we want to make sure everything went smoothly and to hear it did is great. Thank you and I hope we will do business again in the real near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just returned from my semi annual trip to Daytona
Stayed my favorite all time Hotel.
You cannot beat. The location, friendliness , service and
Value... Management and staff go overboard to make my
stay very pleasant! Great Place !!!

• Stayed: December 2012

It is always our pleasure to have you stay with us each year. We look forward to your twice yearly visits. From all the Staff and I at your home away from home, can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've stayed at this location on a few occasions while visiting Daytona Beach.

It is clean, comfortable,well maintained and typical of the brand. It is in a good location, on the beach and about a ten minute walk to Main Street.

Check in was quick and efficient. The young lady working the last time I visited was very pleasant.

The king room as nice sized with a workable desk. The restroom was average sized and clean. The bed was comfortable.

The rates vary greatly depending upon what events are in progress. Like most downtown properties, their rates skyrocket during bike week. Off season however, you can find some good deals.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Angelahearn, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

The Staff and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us recently. Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. I do hope you will always choose us as your vacation destination.