“Good Value”

Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
Ranked #14 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 2, 2008

A really good value. AARP rate. Excellent front desk staff. Right on the beach. Clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank walkingmom

Reviewed May 20, 2007

The hotel is old and outdated, the pool is crappy.. The room was large enough, and has highspeed internet.. The stovetop didn't work, and there was a fridge. For the $99 I paid, I had a view of a liquor store across the street, and loud traffic. What you are paying for is a decent location on the strip, the hotel itself is nothing special.. Just an old hotel with no services.. No bar, no food, a room with a small pool area.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank skibumma70
Reviewed January 14, 2007

We were passing through Daytona Beach and wanted to stay in an oceanfront suite.. after price checking a few other hotels, we went here because the price was right. ($109.00 for an oceanfront suite). However, what a dump!! We were given an oceanfront suite all right.. the view was the only thing good about the room (as long as we didn't look to our left... there was a ransacked hotel to the left with a pool full of brown water & destroyed patio area.) Anyway, the walk to our room was through a mildew smelling hall, leading to a dirty room.... we asked for nonsmoking, but there were cigarette butts under the table and old pizza boxes under the bed. The floor looked so grungy that we didn't dare walk on it in bare feet. On top of it all, minutes after we checked out, we discovered my husband had left his military uniform (he was on R&R from Iraq) hanging in the room. We asked to go back up to the room to retrieve it, the person at the front desk told us housekeeping would check. They contacted housekeeping and minutes later we were told there was no uniform in the room... (we had just checked out about 10 minutes prior). We asked them if we could check ourselves, they had housekeeping escort us to our room.. to miraculously find no uniform hanging where he had left it. Now, how does that happen?!?! Hmmm. Anyway, the one good thing I can say is that we did enjoy being steps away from the beach and the sunrise from our balcony. Will we stay at that location again??... NEVER!

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dmacnmi
Reviewed December 29, 2006

We stayed here for the 2006 Daytona 500 and had no problems at all with our room, the staff, or any aspect of our stay. It's certainly not the best around, but it's more than adequate for a mid-priced hotel. I was a little surprised to see all the negative reviews, we just booked the same hotel again for 2007 based on our stay last year.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2006

We wanted a weekend away at the beach, so I called this hotel and explained that we wanted a beachfront room/suite for a family of 6. We were told that we could stay in one of their efficiencies - complete with a kitchen and separate bedroom and ON the beachside. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were given a small room with only 2 beds, but it WAS on the beachside. The room was not very clean - found dirt on towels, crusty stuff on the beds, stains & worn spots on the carpet, smoky odor even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room... Fortunately (due to the condition) it wouldn't work for our family because we needed more than 2 beds. I went down and spoke with the desk clerks and was told that NONE of their efficiencies were on the beach side. I explained that that was not what I was told when I booked the hotel. We thought maybe we could take two adjoining room for the same price as long as it was facing the beach. They looked for other rooms for us, but said none were available. Due to the 100% satisfaction guarantee, we were able to get our money refunded, but were very disappointed in being misled when we made the reservation and in the poor condition the hotel was in.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Thomamy
A TripAdvisor Member
tampa
Reviewed July 17, 2006

We arrived and waited almost 2 hours past the time promised. we finally waited at the pool while the "were cleaning " the room. That took an hour.
When we did get up to the room apparently their idea of clean does not include the bathroom There is NO way the toilet was cleaned as we found CLOGGED TOILET, WITH FLOATING EXCREMENT. The staffs answer was to come up after 4 requests and hand my daughter a plunger at the door and tell her to fix it.....

Finally a desk clerk came because the cant afford a maintanence I guess.
Put alot in my mind as to what else was unclean.
Stay away and hopefully stay healthy

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta
Reviewed May 30, 2006

I absolutely would not recommend this to anyone. My brother and I looked it up on the internet about 3 weeks before heading to Daytona. We called, made the reservations, and made sure everything was all set. On the phone, the man was quite rude and asked my brother to repeat the dates about 3 times, so my brother did. We dismissed his rudeness as.. whatever. Upon arriving, they told us our reservations had been made for the week after, and actually made rude remarks about my parents not understanding English, because we're Hispanic so their accents are really thick. My little brother and I both speak perfect English, and after being treated like absolute crap, he finally exploded and said, "Do I sound like I don't speak English? Maybe you should check yours!" (everyone who worked there had really thick Indian accents, so I don't understand what their problem was.) They then told us that we would have to pay $300 more dollars than planned and it was our mistake. They repeatedly told us it was our mistake, actually, and were really REALLY rude about it. Finally, they told us we should just take it because we "wouldn't find any other place as low as that on such short notice." ..well, we did. Sucks for them. I would not reccomend this place to anyone; I've never been so mad in my life at a hotel or something stupid like that. Ugh.

• Stayed: April 2006