“Mediocre hotel, at best.”

BEST WESTERN Daytona Inn Seabreeze Oceanfront
Ranked #23 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Atlanta
“Mediocre hotel, at best.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

We had an oceanfront room and when we first walked into the room, there was a strong mildew smell. The floor also felt damp, as the air conditioner didn't seem to be able to control the moisture in the air. The bedspreads both had stains on them and there appeared to be sand on the sheets on one of the beds.

This hotel is considered to be non-smoking (no smoking in rooms or on balconies) but everyday we smelled smoke whenever we went out on our 4th floor balcony. We could never tell where it was coming from. One day I finally witnessed someone smoking on their balcony and I was able to report it. Smoking is allowed on the ground floor (located outside, under the hotel) and it literally seemed like mostly everyone staying in this hotel smoked and would be hanging out down there.

There are 2 slow and old elevators that also feel like a sauna when you are in them.

Housekeeping didn't come until after 5:30 pm one day and we had been out of the room for most of the day. Then, they didn't give us anymore toilet tissue.

There is a nice area for breakfast, but on a busy Saturday there was a bottleneck created around the waffle iron. This made it hard to even enter the room and get food elsewhere.

This hotel is mediocre, at best. We definitely were paying for the view, which was a really nice one. However, we won't be staying at the hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Georgiagal02

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

This is a older hotel however it's very well upkept and the staff are friendly and helpful. Also for a limited service hotel I was very impressed to learn they have a night watchman who does everything from helping park cars to handling maitenance issues and working as a security gaurd later.into the night! I would highly reccomend this hotel for any one who wants to be in the heart of Daytona and dont require a full service hotel.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Adventurousfam
Clarksville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

It was right on the beach with access just outside the hotel pool area. The rooms, however, were barely clean. There was a sense of sand and moisture with salt on everything. Could be due to the balcony being opened by prior stays. A/C did not pull moisture out of air, too cold or too humid, your choice.

The vent in the restroom ran when ever the light was turned on, but failed to pull the humidity out of the room after a bath. Noisy and useless.

We were there for a wedding so it was a nuisense to have to bathe twice a day to be 'fresh' for family activities. This was a hotel more for the beach scene only.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Leslie951
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

This Comfort Inn is right on the ocean. It measured up in every way to the quality one expects from a Comfort Inn--spacious rooms, clean, friendly staff, details well attended to, good complimentary breakfast. We stayed here 5 nights & enjoyed every minute.

Room Tip: Ask for it
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cbierman
Apopka
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed. The first thing that happened was that the sliding glass door handle fell off completely in my hand. When I called the front desk I was advised that they would be right there. They never showed up. The next thing I did was to run into a maintance man in the hall who advised me he would tell the next guy coming on shift. There was no way to lock the sliding door. Hours later ,we advised the front desk that we would be going across the street and would be right back. The management stated that we should of told them when we returned and they would of fixed it then. What a laugh. They didn't ever show up and we slept in an unsecured room all night. When I spoke with Managemnt I was advised that they offered to fix it when we decided to go get something to eat.I asked them why did they not fix it the first or second time that I advised them instead of trying to find a way of assuming no fault. Never will I ever stay at this place again and I will be sure to let everyone know. Also the place was dirty which I guess I am just to clean

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dollface1013
Angelahearn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Daytona Inn Seabreeze Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family. I do understand your frustration but the handle to the balcony door is not what locks your door securily and if it did we have secondary locks on all of our balcony doors which are required by Choice Hotels International. I do have the work order for your room and it states at 6:40pm your family came in to report the issue again and was told that someone would come up right then but you stated your family was going to eat and did not want anyone in your room with you not there. The Front Desk Clerk then wrote on the ticket that was with the handle that you would contact us when you returned to put back on the handle. Our Staff never heard from you that night. Our Hotel is Committed to Your Satisfaction but we have to be given a chance to correct the issue. Our Hotel would have never left you with out having a secured balcony lock we would have moved you before we allowed you to be unsecured like that. Again, I do apologize for any misunderstandings you may have had with my Staff and we do hope you will come stay with us again in the future.

Angela Hearn, CHA
Decatur, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

The Choice Hotel chain has a lot of nerve calling this place a Comfort Suites. Closer to Rodeway Inn, or even Motel 6 might have been an upgrade. Looks like an old Best Western from the 70's that they came in and slapped some paint on. Very small rooms, with noisey A/C units. I would not stay here again under any circumstances.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank TimW43
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

room was clean although outdated. mini fridge and microwave was nice amenity. we were on the 4th floor and the elevator was very slow and scary. when we came out of one elevator we saw the maintenance man working on the one across from it. they make you wear red bands on the property to identify guests and charge $5 if you lose it. breakfast was decent but there were several guests eating at 0930 when it ended and the breakfast lady put up a closed sign and locked the door with us in there. this place is nothing special and I did not feel safe here. skip it.

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank aquino5043
Angelahearn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Daytona Inn Seabreeze Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Thank you for your response. Getting responses on Tripadvisor helps me direct our Hotel in the direction it needs to be in to make sure we are giving the best Customer Satisfaction we possibly can. The red bands were actually an idea I had after receiving a comment on Tripadvisor about "freeloaders" taking over the pool deck. I put in to policy that all Guest must wear the red bands on their wrist or ankle to show at a glance when my Staff or I are walking by the pool deck that you are a Guest with us and to wear in the Breakfast Room to show you are a Guest with us. This is a safety measure for our Hotel and should make you feel better that we are paying attention to you as our Guest to ensure that people that do not belong are not allowed to be on our property at all. The Hotel does not want to charge $5.00 but if you do loose them it does cost to replace. The day you were here was during our Elevator Inspection it was our Elevator company here not our Maintenance Department and this was for your safety as well we have them checked each month to ensure they are working properly. Our Breakfast Attendant is instructed to allow anyone who is still in the Breakfast Room to stay and continue with their breakfast but we do lock the door at 9:30am so that she may begin the clean up process. I do hope you will come back and visit us again and do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Angela Hearn, CHA