“this hotel is average at best, will not stay here again”

Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 29, 2011

room was clean although outdated. mini fridge and microwave was nice amenity. we were on the 4th floor and the elevator was very slow and scary. when we came out of one elevator we saw the maintenance man working on the one across from it. they make you wear red bands on the property to identify guests and charge $5 if you lose it. breakfast was decent but there were several guests eating at 0930 when it ended and the breakfast lady put up a closed sign and locked the door with us in there. this place is nothing special and I did not feel safe here. skip it.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank aquino5043
Angelahearn, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

Thank you for your response. Getting responses on Tripadvisor helps me direct our Hotel in the direction it needs to be in to make sure we are giving the best Customer Satisfaction we possibly can. The red bands were actually an idea I had after receiving a comment on Tripadvisor about "freeloaders" taking over the pool deck. I put in to policy that all Guest must wear the red bands on their wrist or ankle to show at a glance when my Staff or I are walking by the pool deck that you are a Guest with us and to wear in the Breakfast Room to show you are a Guest with us. This is a safety measure for our Hotel and should make you feel better that we are paying attention to you as our Guest to ensure that people that do not belong are not allowed to be on our property at all. The Hotel does not want to charge $5.00 but if you do loose them it does cost to replace. The day you were here was during our Elevator Inspection it was our Elevator company here not our Maintenance Department and this was for your safety as well we have them checked each month to ensure they are working properly. Our Breakfast Attendant is instructed to allow anyone who is still in the Breakfast Room to stay and continue with their breakfast but we do lock the door at 9:30am so that she may begin the clean up process. I do hope you will come back and visit us again and do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Reviewed April 14, 2011

My husband and I arrived in Florida and received a nice, friendly greeting by Teresa; in fact ALL the staff were just as friendly. The manager Angie is awesome and I enjoyed talking to Peggy Sue as well. I even had a friendly chat with Debbie in the breakfast area! The room really impressed us by its cleanliness, very comfortable bed, modern decor, and super view of the beach. We will definitely stay there again. Thanks again Angie and staff for making these two East Tenneseans feel welcome!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissaaellis
Angelahearn, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2011

Thank you so very much for choosing us as your vacation destination. Our Staff and myself truly enjoyed you staying with us. We hope that we will be the place you choose to come each year if possible when visiting Daytona Beach.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

"I do not have one bad thing that I can honestly say about this hotel and its staff! The group of people that work at this particular hotel were over the top in service. Angie helped me book a block of 20 rooms for our upcoming beach wedding on 3/19/11. She kept me posted for almost 9 months on the guests and their scheduled arrival dates. My fiance' and I arrived on 3/14/11 as did some other guests but most arrived later in the week. We were greeted with a dozen roses in our suite congratulating us on our upcoming marriage. So sweet! We had made personalized welcome bags for all the guests and asked that they receive them upon arrival. The staff made sure that each room had the correct bag waiting to greet our guests for that extra little personal touch we hoped for. The wedding happened to fall during spring break and Angie & Peggy Sue made us feel as if there were not any other guests in their 'very full' hotel. This potentially stressful time was completely relaxing for everyone because of this great group of people. All of us that stayed at this hotel said they would return again because of the location, the rooms and most of all the staff! Thanks Again For Everything!!!!!!!!! ~ Paulette & Mark Willits ~"

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

I enjoyed working with your group very much to make sure you had as less stress on our end as possible and with the great team I have here at the Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront we were able to do that. I am so glad that everything turned out great for you and your now husband. It was truly a pleasure to help you with this event and as I have told you personally I truly hope you will come visit us for your anniversaries . Many years to you and your husband and again thank you.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

Stayed for the weekend with my girlfriend and I had a great time. Great location on the beach and fast check in. Room was nice and clean. Appliances were clean and new. The breakfast was very good and they had newspapers and a tv in the breakfast area. Peggy Sue was extremely friendly and helpful in telling us some good places to see and how to get there. We really appreciated that. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2011

While on business I stayed here on December 15. My government per diem was $90 per day and this place was $89, so I figured what the heck. It's on the water. Upon check-in I was told that I was only 1 of 2 guests booked in the entire hotel for the night. I asked if she would upgrade me to an ocean-view room. Fuhgeddaaboudit!. She said she'd have to charge me more. Sheesh. Talk about cheap. The entire place is run-down, and my room reminded me of one at an old, tired Super 8. At least it was clean. As for the free hot waffles in the morning as described on their web site, Fuhgeddaaboudit! "Free breakfast" was a thermos of coffee and non-dairy creamer.

These people didn't go out of their way one iota to make my stay pleasant or comfortable. If you have to stay on the beach, spend a little more and stay at one of the higher-end national chains. If you don't have to be near the beach, try the Hampton Inn in town. At least for $89 bucks you know what you'll get.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Higginbotham69

I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us as far as having a free upgrade. Our Breakfast is larger than most continental breakfast ususally are we carry three different breakfast breads, 2 different cold cereals, 2 different hot cereals, three different types of sweet breads, make your own waffels two different flavors, boiled eggs, two different juices, milk and coffee. All of these items are here daily. Our Hotel team and myself take great pride in keeping our Beach Front Hotel nice and clean for all to enjoy.

Reviewed February 19, 2011

Stayed here one night in December, although reservations were for 3 nights...thankfully I was able to get a room at the Hilton for the following 2 nights, for $20 less a night! The whole place is kind of creepy and definitely felt the need to perform a bedbug check upon check-in. Elevators probably dated back to the 70s as did the appliances in the suite. Pictures certainly can be deceiving as it looked nothing like on the website. Go elsewhere!

• Stayed: December 2010
3  Thank bleifuss
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I have stayed in this Hotel for over 20 years on my semi annual vactions.Tthe management and staff are always friendly and accommodating.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable.
The hotel is located within a short walk of restaurants and entertainment..

This an excellent facility....

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo