“Wonderful Hotel - Wedding/Vacation”

Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
Ranked #14 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 13, 2011

"I do not have one bad thing that I can honestly say about this hotel and its staff! The group of people that work at this particular hotel were over the top in service. Angie helped me book a block of 20 rooms for our upcoming beach wedding on 3/19/11. She kept me posted for almost 9 months on the guests and their scheduled arrival dates. My fiance' and I arrived on 3/14/11 as did some other guests but most arrived later in the week. We were greeted with a dozen roses in our suite congratulating us on our upcoming marriage. So sweet! We had made personalized welcome bags for all the guests and asked that they receive them upon arrival. The staff made sure that each room had the correct bag waiting to greet our guests for that extra little personal touch we hoped for. The wedding happened to fall during spring break and Angie & Peggy Sue made us feel as if there were not any other guests in their 'very full' hotel. This potentially stressful time was completely relaxing for everyone because of this great group of people. All of us that stayed at this hotel said they would return again because of the location, the rooms and most of all the staff! Thanks Again For Everything!!!!!!!!! ~ Paulette & Mark Willits ~"

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Angelahearn, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2011

I enjoyed working with your group very much to make sure you had as less stress on our end as possible and with the great team I have here at the Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront we were able to do that. I am so glad that everything turned out great for you and your now husband. It was truly a pleasure to help you with this event and as I have told you personally I truly hope you will come visit us for your anniversaries . Many years to you and your husband and again thank you.

Angela Hearn, CHA

Reviewed April 13, 2011

Stayed for the weekend with my girlfriend and I had a great time. Great location on the beach and fast check in. Room was nice and clean. Appliances were clean and new. The breakfast was very good and they had newspapers and a tv in the breakfast area. Peggy Sue was extremely friendly and helpful in telling us some good places to see and how to get there. We really appreciated that. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2011

While on business I stayed here on December 15. My government per diem was $90 per day and this place was $89, so I figured what the heck. It's on the water. Upon check-in I was told that I was only 1 of 2 guests booked in the entire hotel for the night. I asked if she would upgrade me to an ocean-view room. Fuhgeddaaboudit!. She said she'd have to charge me more. Sheesh. Talk about cheap. The entire place is run-down, and my room reminded me of one at an old, tired Super 8. At least it was clean. As for the free hot waffles in the morning as described on their web site, Fuhgeddaaboudit! "Free breakfast" was a thermos of coffee and non-dairy creamer.

These people didn't go out of their way one iota to make my stay pleasant or comfortable. If you have to stay on the beach, spend a little more and stay at one of the higher-end national chains. If you don't have to be near the beach, try the Hampton Inn in town. At least for $89 bucks you know what you'll get.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Higginbotham69

I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us as far as having a free upgrade. Our Breakfast is larger than most continental breakfast ususally are we carry three different breakfast breads, 2 different cold cereals, 2 different hot cereals, three different types of sweet breads, make your own waffels two different flavors, boiled eggs, two different juices, milk and coffee. All of these items are here daily. Our Hotel team and myself take great pride in keeping our Beach Front Hotel nice and clean for all to enjoy.

Angela Hearn, CHA

Reviewed February 19, 2011

Stayed here one night in December, although reservations were for 3 nights...thankfully I was able to get a room at the Hilton for the following 2 nights, for $20 less a night! The whole place is kind of creepy and definitely felt the need to perform a bedbug check upon check-in. Elevators probably dated back to the 70s as did the appliances in the suite. Pictures certainly can be deceiving as it looked nothing like on the website. Go elsewhere!

• Stayed: December 2010
3  Thank bleifuss
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I have stayed in this Hotel for over 20 years on my semi annual vactions.Tthe management and staff are always friendly and accommodating.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable.
The hotel is located within a short walk of restaurants and entertainment..

This an excellent facility....

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stayed here in January when the weather was cold. Our room was around 50 degrees when we checked in. We called the front desk they said the entire hotel was cold because of the weather and to lower our thermostat and put the fan on low, that would provide the most heat. We did this, it did not get any warmer, we froze that night. The next morning a lady at the continental breakfast told me her room was so hot she had to turn the heat off.
We were heading out entire day on Friday to sight see so I told the manager about our heat problem she said it would be fixed. I told her we would be in that evening feel free to spend as much time fixing it as needed. When we returned around 8 pm that night we walked in the heat was on hi and the thermostat set to 90 degrees, however the room was still in the 50's or colder. We called the front desk, they sent a maintenance man up who said their heaters never put out much heat and our room was bigger than what the heater could heat. He adjusted it then said it should be warmer in about 30 minutes. We waited and it never got warmer. The front desk informed me there was nothing they could do. They could switch our room but it would still be cold because all hotels are cold in there in January. I told them they never fixed our heater. The manager refused to issue a refund for our upcoming night's stay even though we didn't even stay in our room more than 30 minutes to see if it would warm up. She said the heater was fixed, they wouldn't even go up and see how cold our room was. We checked out without our refund because we did not want to freeze another night again.
We found the best hotel with a cheaper rate at the Nautilus Inn just down the road, much cheaper, newer and cleaner and WARMER!!!

If you are looking for a nice relaxing hotel, do not stay here. It is loud, there was a homeless person sleeping outside the hotel, anyone has access to your room on the elevator, the elevators are SLOW and the management does not even attempt to make your stay a good one.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank speedracr88
Reviewed January 2, 2011

A last minute decision to go to the beach around the holidays to get away. Unfortunately we had a street side room vs ocean front we were expecting but with our last minute booking, it appeared all the ocean front rooms were full. The rooms were all updated and new inside. It was clean and housekeeping did a good job. The beds were comfy although some noise in the hallway by arriving guests who were inconsiderate. The breakfast room needs more than one waffle maker as we had to wait our turn to use it. And yes, the lady that was attending to the breakfast room was shaking her head in disgust as there was some cereal on the counter that needed cleaned up. So I "killed her with kindness" asking how she was doing and her total mood changed. She needs to either "like" her job or find another. Front desk was helpful and friendly. The pool area was clean and neat. Other than our disappointment of not having an ocean front room, our stay met our expectations for the price and was pet friendly.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family