“THE BEST RESORT ON THE BEACH”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Seas Resort

Grand Seas Resort
Ranked #53 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“THE BEST RESORT ON THE BEACH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2005

My family and I stayed at the beautiful grand seas resort during march 13-20. Upon check in we noticed that the staff welcomed us with a warm hello and made us feel as if it was our home. When we got to our room we were blown away by the cleanliness and the spectacular view. We were also amazed at all the amenities that were available to our use. I would recommend the Grand Seas to anyone wanting a relaxing vacation in sun. I will be back to stay here again and again.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2005

I have been an owner since 1998.Due to my job have not been able to really use it since 2000.Had a great experience then.Much has changed.Missing dishes ,TV didn't workin one room and remotes didn't work in any.Despite multiple calls and trips down to desk items not fixed. Had drunk people outside my room partying on the stairs until 3AM (where was security ?)
Room was very dirty - scum in jacuzzi tub.Appliences not working .
The clincher though is the staff.They couldn't care less what you thought as an owner.Yet I saw the way they treated potential new owners - full red carpet.Once you have bought though they don't care what you think.
For the amount I paid for the 2 bedroom unit ,plus my yearly maintence/tax fees I could have stayed somewhere nice that cared about me the customer.
Believe the reviews - they are not a lie.

• Stayed March 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Palm Coast, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2005

Not what I'd call 5-star, as there is no glitz or glamour, and customer serviced from the desk could definatley be improved with some maturity, but the ocean views and beach access CAN"T be beat!

If you go to the beach to stay in your room, you will feel like others who posted negative reviews; however, if you want a clean, nice place on the beach with great amenties - THIS IS THE PLACE!

Great pools-great pool deck-nice pool-side bar, entertainment and a very challenging putt-putt.

We'll return for sure

• Stayed March 2005
13 Thank leannektc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2005

My husband and I visited the grand seas three years ago and were not impressed, however after the recent hurricanes we heard that the resort was doing some updating. We decided to give them one more shot. When we checked into the resort the last week of February we didn't recognize the place. It was beautiful, the staff was pleasant and willing to help up with our every request. The grand seas has drastically changed and should be recognized for it. I would reccomend them to anyone.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2005

We have been a Grand Seas owner for several years and always enjoy the resort. Well last time we were there we were lied to and talked into "upgrading" to Club Navigo. Several thousand $ later and a couple hundred more yearly we have the worst service. Nothing has went smooth since and now we can't get reservations because "Club Navigo does not own any rooms" during the time we want to go. I would advise anyone who would listen "Do not buy Club Navigo"!

34 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2005

I recently purchased a Timeshare with Grand Seas. I purchased it to be able to stay there for SpringBreak. When i went to reserve for it they said quote" Due to the amount of people who are willing to rent rooms for 170- 200 a night, who do not own timeshares, we can not allow you to make your reservations. You can only reserve a room for the timeshare price 5 days before you stay here. Usually we are full by then" the lady on the phone stated to me. Rude. Completly. I was very unsatisfied.

24 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2005

Agree, the customer service must be the worst in the country!!(or world)Unfortunately, I already bought. They do not answer phones, they do not return phone calls, and worst-if they tell you one thing, you can be sure it will be done wrong, or not done at all. I am scheduled to go there in spring - am scared to death, what it will be like.
PLEASE GRAN SEAS - READ THIS - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT -
YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL RESORT, AT A BEAUTIFUL BEACH - WITH THE WORST PERSONNEL!

19 Thank Swissy2