“Consistently the best for more than 25 years!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Palm Coast, Florida
“Consistently the best for more than 25 years!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Originally from New Jersey 30 miles from New York City, I have had a lot of pizza. Two favorites were Star Tavern and the boardwalk at Seaside Heights. When I moved here, I was always disappointed in the Pizza and I tried them all from Port Orange to Ormond Beach, beachside & mainland. Thankfully a friend made a comment about Pete's and I tried it. OMG!!! Delicious. My favorite is the cheese pie although I have tried several toppings from time to time and they are all great. Very thin dough and crust that is tender but crispy. My opinion is the sauce is perfect, not a cooked sauce with light seasoning so the tomato flavor really comes out and the cheese is a high quality which accounts for the extra fat content that does produce some grease. Hold is just so and it will drip off but the flavor is so much better than the low fat versions of cheese.
About the décor....you should have seen it 25 years ago. You don't go here for the ambiance because there is none. Tables have table clothes(plastic for easy clean up) and the place gets a regular painting as well as upgrading some surfaces to tile. I have also used them for catering and give them an A+ for the antipasto salad, lasagna, sausage & peppers & chicken parmesan. Anyone I have sent there has not been disappointed.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

East Tennessee
“This pizza is fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have eaten pizza in the 4 corners of the lower 48, including Chicago and NYC. Pete's is as good as you can get. I have had awesome pizza in many places and this pizza ranks up there with any of them. The crust was just right, thin enough but chewy and lets the toppings do the talking. We got carry out while on vacation and it was such a good choice. They asked how we heard about them and we said the great reviews on Tripadvisor led us there. The don't deliver to the beach only the mainland and told us it was because there were only 3 of them that worked there. So glad we opted to go get it and not settle for whoever would deliver. The sausage pizza was a 10! The flavor of the sausage was as good as I have ever had. The pepperoni was outstanding as well. I will get this pizza every time I come back to Daytona. Excellent pizza. They have a lot of other things on the menu but we only got the pizza. Great choice by us and we were rewarded!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DeLand, Florida
“Ah MAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Hands down my favorite pizza in Volusia County. Super small restaurant with no nonsense but pleasant staff. Order at the counter and grab a table. TV's are always on. Very New York style. SO GOOD!

Visited November 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
“NY Pizza at its Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Pizza by the pie or slice, round or Sicilian, with or without toppings - nobody does it better. Also offered are hot and cold subs, dinners, zeppoles, calzones - a typical NYC pizzeria. Pete knows how to make pizza!

Visited June 2014
“Just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I came from NY & I am not seeing where this pizza is just like that! Their pizza, which is all I have had there, is extremely greasy and tasteless.

• Visited October 2013