“Worse hotel ever”

Ranked #89 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Henry VA
“Worse hotel ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stayed at the hotel because it on the choice network which I am an employee and used my employee discount, I also know with the discount I may not get the nicest room but this was the worst hotel I have ever seen. I know that people write bad reviews before they would write a good review; so i read all the reviews and thought it's on the beach it can’t be that bad, it was, do not believe the pictures they have posted I saw those and that helped make my decision to stay; that and I figured we only need to sleep and shower here. I can’t even begin to tell you how disgusting the room was. The room was so small, the beds were small, room smelled bad, the walls are paper thin, the gap under the front door was big enough to put your hand thru, the room was not clean, the towels were stained, the parking is crazy, the fridge and micro are in the corner closet and the window in the bathroom if someone walks by the can look in. I have added a few pictures of the worn out toilet seat (cheap to replace), the bathroom window in the shower, the bathroom door and the ceiling which had black fingerprints all over it (also cheap to remove: magic eraser). If I had to say something nice I would say I didn’t like the window in the bathroom but it was different looking at the beach from the shower, plenty of hot water it’s right on the beach and checking out. We were going to stay 4 nights but we checked out after 2 we could not get a full refund, we considered sleeping in the car the last night. I booked another hotel and they were nice enough to let us check in at 5 am we were up and ready to go at 4 .

Room Tip: would not stay here if the room was free
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Linda B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Valdosta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the price and location. Location is great - right on the beach. The hotel is SO dated, the appliances in the kitchen are ancient, the bathroom was far too small, and there was a weird smell to the room; like a combination or incense, urine, and basmati rice. Spend a few extra bucks and go elsewhere - there are plenty of great beachfront hotels in this area, and $20-25 per night extra is worth NOT having to stay at the Rodeway Inn. Had this not been business travel and been booked as 'unrefundable', I would have gone elsewhere (I did shorten my stay to just the one night.)

Room Tip: To get a great room, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Collinsville, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Very small and was suppose to be queen size beds but more like a full. Fridge and microwave was a joke. Bathtub may have been good for a toddler to swim in. Cleaning service must have been in a hurry the day before I checked in considering hair was everywhere in the bathroom, sheets was nasty. I left this hotel and checked into another one and could not wait to get to my room to take a shower, not to mention wanting to wash my clothes. Bathroom had a window and right outside this window is a walk way. This was the nastiest place I have ever stayed and would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The parking was horrible, room was awful and I can't find but one thing to say good about this hotel and that would be the beach and I would have rather slept on the beach !!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Can't imagine it'll be around for much longer, under this management. Breakfast is good, and the place is clean, BUT they measure out everything, such as bathroom supplies, laundry detergent and ground coffee for your room. This tells me they're cutting corners wherever possible.

Room Tip: Get one of the three ocean front on the second floor. Best view, and rooms are more up to date.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Everytime we come back it gets better and better! The new furniture promised for our return will be a plus. Thank you Rodeway Inn for making it possible to stay on the beach affordable. I would recomend everybody to stay here. Family friendly hotel and very affordable.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank toshay
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday weekend. We got a kitchenette ocean front. you have to plug in your refridge when you get in the room and call to the desk to ask them to turn the switch on for your stove...oh yeah and plug in your microwave. (????). Room was ok, but barley had any cookware, 1 plate, 2 glasses, no utensiles.....ect. We had guess next to us who took over our balcony (it is not private) and sat in front of our windows that blocked our entire view of the ocean. They were loud, obnoxious,rude and apparently never sleep. Later the next day we found out that they had reservations for our room and were mad at management for giving it to us. Managent told them and us it is first come first serve??? So they took it out on us!!!! Management asked us to leave early and did everything they could to get us out.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there for two nights the location is right on the beach. The pool is in the perfect spot. Rooms well I wasn't impressed but you get what you pay for. Staff was very friendly and a special thanks goes out to the maintenance guy who kept letting me in everytime I locked myself out! Overall It was a good place!!

• Stayed September 2013