“labor day at daytona beach”

Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed September 2, 2014

another great trip to Daytona....the tropical winds resort is fantastic! great café, pool and beach! Staff is great also. went for a relaxing weekend. hotel was booked but not crowded with the great weather.

Room Tip: 308 oceanfront with king bed
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
twinds, General Manager at Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is always nice to hear feedback from our regular customers and I want to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to your next visit. Christine Lane - General Manager

Reviewed August 30, 2014

We spent a week here and loved it! The staff is very nice, service is great, pool is clean and the room is fresh and in great shape. The only issue I have is the A/C drainage. I like to look over my balcony (lean on the rail). The drainage from the A/C units above drip on my head! Not a big deal but annoying.

Family friendly, good value. We will stay here again!

Bryan from Dayton, OH

Room Tip: Make sure the A/C unit above does not drip on your balcony!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blayer21
twinds, General Manager at Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing Tropical Winds and for the nice review. It is always nice to hear from a satisfied customer and I am glad that you appreciated the clean pools and the comfort of our rooms. I do apologize for the Ac leaking from the balcony above and our maintenance department is working on resolving this issue.
We hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Christine Lane - General Manager

Reviewed August 29, 2014

First impression of the hotel was iffy. It's an older building and often times that means run down. Surprisingly the room was great and extremely well furnished and clean. We were very comfortable during our stay. As far as staff goes, the cleaning lady was amazing and took care of us very well. My only knock on the hotel was when we arrived, a lady blew cigarette smoke in our faces. This lady ended up being the one working the front desk. I found it slightly unprofessional. Saying that, it was a fantastic stay and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank jb1129

Thank you for staying with us and for posting such a nice review. I am happy to hear that you really liked your room and that housekeeping took such good care of you. I am very sorry about the smoking issue on check-in and let me assure you that that has been taken care off.
We hope to see again soon. Christine Lane - Genera Manager

Reviewed August 29, 2014

My husband, myself, my sister, and my sister in law stayed 13 nights at Tropical Winds. We had adjoining room with kitchenette. It was wonderful! The view was great, the ocean was delightful, the staff was very nice. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, and we had no problems with Wi-Fi in our rooms. I would definitely recommend the Tropical Winds and plan on returning next year!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
twinds, General Manager at Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2014

Thank you so much for spending 13 nights with us and for writing such a kind review. I am happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed everything about Tropical Winds from the beautiful view to the comfortable new beds and the friendly staff. Everyone here works very hard to make our guests feel as comfortable as they can. We look forward to having you stay with us next year - or maybe sooner. Christine Lane - General Manager

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed the weekend for our anniversary (29th) and we were very pleased. The room was very clean and a good size to boot. The staff was very friendly as well. The little restaurant in the hotel was good. The pool was nice. They had an indoor pool but we didn't use it as we didn't have any rain during our visit. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank davethenole

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed spending your anniversary weekend with us. Happy 29th anniversary! Thank you for sharing your Tropical Winds experience with other travelers and we look forward to your next stay with us. Christine Lane - General Manager

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I had a nice stay in this hotel. Our room was on 7th floor and the ocean view was excellent. The room was big enough and clean. The only thing which I didn't like were stained walls (remaining after killing some mosquitos). I would stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maggie S

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kind words. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed being on a high floor with a great view of the ocean. I do apologize for the mosquito issue and assure that it has been taken care off. we look forward to having you as our guest again. Christine Lane - General Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

We take a family vacation to Florida every year. We wanted to stay somewhere a little less crowed than some other places we stayed previously. We reserved a beachfront room with kitchenette at tropical winds after noticing on Google maps it was a less populated part of the beach but still close enough to walk where we wanted to go. There was a little confusion upon check in. The only kitchenette beachfront they could offer us was on the first floor with a parking lot between us and the view. This would not do. The staff did accommodate us by moving us to the fifth floor to a beachfront room without a kitchenette. We were slightly disappointed but quickly realized we didn't need the kitchenette since the hotel had a restaurant downstairs. It was very cheap and provided our breakfast and lunch each day. The view from the room was amazing. There was a lifeguard on the beach next to the hotel everyday...a huge comfort with our kids in tow. The staff was amazing. We've never been treated better anywhere else EVER! We would definitely stay at tropical winds again and we definitely recommend others do too!

• Stayed: June 2014
twinds, General Manager at Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for posting such a favorable review. I am happy to hear that our staff went out of their way to switch you to a room on an upper floor and that you really enjoyed the amazing view. We do our very best to accommodate any requests our guests have. Sounds like all the employees made a lasting impression by providing you with excellent customer service.
We hope to see you again in the near future.
Christine Lane - General Manager