“A pleasant change”

Ranked #12 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Wheeling
“A pleasant change”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

My family and I usually come to Daytona Beach every year. The hotel we usually stay at closed the indoor pool that they have and the outdoor pool is far from heated. So, after a couple of nights, I decided to start looking for different hotels. Man am I glad I did!! Not only are both the indoor and outdoor pools BOTH heated, the rooms are 90% nicer, the balconies are much more private, it is a lot closer to the Boardwalk, and the staff is very nice. I believe we may have found our new "regular hotel" for our annual vacation at Daytona Beach!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Jill G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Finnish first
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I found this hotel on tripadvisor.com and we were very satisfied with our stay.

The room:
We were in room 604 which is large and features a king bed and four pillows. We slept great as the bed was very comfortable. The room has a flat panel TV, table and two chairs, a couch and kitchen. There was a balcony overlooking the pool with two chairs and a small table. We had an outstanding view of the ocean.

The amenities:
This property has two heated pools (inside and outside) and beach access. There is a computer and printer that I used to print out our boarding passes for our return flight. The free wifi had a good level of performance. The hotel has a restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch. They have baggage trollies available to get your bags to your room. There is ample free parking.

The location:
Tropical Winds is located on Atlantic Avenue between International Speedway Blvd and Granada Avenue. It is located on the beach within easy walking distance to the pier. There are restaurants and shopping on Atlantic Ave.

The staff:
As I mentioned in previous reviews, the staff can either make or break the experience. The staff here was very pleasant and efficient. I want to mention the people that made our stay outstanding:
Christine Lane – hotel manager,
Tonja Taylor – Night desk, she checked us in on our arrival,
Brandi Vlad – Day desk,
Katie – Housekeeping who made a heart-shaped towel pal and
Miss Gwen – Day desk who showed me that southern hospitality still exists.

We will be back again at the Tropical Winds next year. The staff and accommodations of the Tropical Winds have "earned" our repeat business. If you are looking for outstanding accommodations at a reasonable price, the Tropical Winds has figured it out.

Hotels are just buildings. It’s the people at the hotel that make the difference.

Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Steve_Shelly
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here ten days for spring break. Nice rooms nice kitchenette. Great balcony right on beach. Two heated pools nice restaurant in hotel short walk to grocery alcohol and clubs. Staff was pleasent very helpful .very clean. A bit on the quiet side for being full of students which was nice to relax .

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mellissa321
Cocoa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

The room was clean but bathroom needed a little work. The bed was nice. Could see the ocean from my room :-) This Hotel met all my expectations for the price I payed. Def would recommend if your ok with and older hotel. Really close to a great restaurant ChuCheRias. WOW great food for great prices. Came for a restful weekend and i def got one :-)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zoe M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here at the tropical winds, being right on the beach in July was a big plus. I have been coming here with family for 18 years and I came back on my own with a friend. It was an amazing experience, the beautiful beaches, great oceanfront king bed room, and all the amenities and services a hotel could provide. I went deep sea fishing, explored the ocean, and went roaming about the boardwalk and enjoyed a little inner city. I would recommend Daytona Beach to anyone who is looking for a great family, friends, or couples vacation or retreat. Most certainly if you come down to the astonishing "famous beach" I would only recommend the Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel. Well worth it to come down to the amazing Florida beach, but I guarantee you'll want to come back!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Jbrunnz
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Last minute decision to attend a conference in Daytona Beach, this week. A friend found a room ON THE BEACH for just 69.99 opposed to the conference hotel at 169.99. I called direct, saved 20.00 over the trip advisor price. shuuuuu. Talked with Ms Gwynn wonderful and helpful woman. The room had an ocean view, small refer and micro wave, flat screen TV, king size bed. This is an older building but updated. The people were great, had an early check-in and for a couple of extra bucks a late check out. There is a very small café café type restaurant that over looks the patio and ocean very reasonable breakfast and quite good. I would certainly stay here again

Room Tip: as for ocean view with Single King.