“Another Great Vacation”

Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is my second time I've stayed here, and just like the first time it was another great vacation for me, I come to Daytona Beach every year, and I will never stay at another hotel, The staff is very friendly and accommodating to all your needs. And Ms. Gwen will always put a smile on your face. I've stayed in room 509 two years in a row now, and the view from my private balcony is looking out at the Atlantic ocean is just breathtaking. And the café has delicious food and a very friendly staff. I will be there again next year for another week of pure relaxation.

Room Tip: If you want a breathtaking view get a ocean front room, and wake up to pure serenity
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sherry K

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Yes, this hotel is older than some but has great service and great rooms.
We always stay in the Oceanview room on the 4th floor which is a little less expensive than the oceanfront rooms but you get a wonderful view of the beach and the ocean and a private balcony.
Miss Gwen is so helpful and such a delight to see each time we return. If she isn't there when we check in we make sure to drop by when she is working to chat and catch up with her.
We have gone to this hotel 4 straight years and will definitely be going back again next year.
If you want to save a little money this is definitely the hotel for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is our third return visit. Have always had a good experience at this hotel. The location was about a mile away from the pier which is great. We walked it everyday. Quiet ocean front room with effeciency kitchen it was clean and comfortable! We had an issue with the sliding
glass door being hard to open and shut and it was fixed within minutes. This place was definitely worth the price paid. Stayed there for four nights and enjoyed it! Great experience! The Restaurant on site is great and fair priced for breakfast and lunch. Both pools are
perfect. The beach is right outside your door.......Love this place.

Room Tip: Ocean front
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 9 nights. It was wonderful. I made the reservation by calling the hotel directly. Ms Gwen took our reservations. She's a wonderful person, friendly and helpful and went out of her way to accommodate our needs. All the staff was friendly and helpful. This was the third time we stayed there. Our room had a fully equipped kitchen where I could cook our meals. It was clean and spacious with a private balcony. The view was magnificent. The hotel is located on a quiet area, directly on the beach. Even though we didn't use the pools, they were very clean. Publix supermarket is only one mile north, very convenient. It is one of the best deals in Daytona Beach. Will we stay there again? Definitely.
Erika Spitzke

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

As seems to have been already widely expressed, Ms. Gwen at the desk was indeed awesome and a pleasure to deal with. The hotel is a little older, but we found it to be clean, spacious, and quite comfortable. our room was a King with efficiency type accouterments that was ideal for the wife and I. We had a side balcony, but it was spacious and still afforded a nice view of the ocean. Indoor and outdoor pools were both nice, Staff were friendly and accommodating. Definitely on our list of repeat destinations. Thanks again, Gwen!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I planned a family vacation for about 3 months. In doing so I called and spoke a lady I believe her name was Gwen . I asked very specific questions about the apartment I rented and hotel.. I was told it would have a full kitchen and it had a mini fridge. I was told there were three full beds and there was only 2 and a pull out couch. It would not have been such a big deal except this was a family vacation and there is no way this could have worked with 6 of us. When I went and spoke with the lady at the desk all she could do was tell me to come back and talk to the mgr. I came back and needless to say they were no help whatsoever, very rude and made it as if we were an inconvenience. Maybe if they were honest and upfront about the apartment and had a little compassion they would have better customer relations. The hotel was decent at best the only plus was the pool and location,,

Room Tip: Do not believe anything these ladies tell you! They will tell you whatever it is you want to hear ju...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a good experience at this hotel. The location was about a mile away from the pier which was fine. Quiet room which had a ocean view and was clean and comfortable! This place was definitely worth the price paid. Stayed there for two nights and completely enjoyed it! Great experience! Give them a try

• Stayed: September 2013