“Incredible Beach Front Hotel without Paying a Fortune”

Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lakeland, Florida
“Incredible Beach Front Hotel without Paying a Fortune”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

My wife and I wanted to visit Daytona Beach for a couple of days. What a find in The Hyatt Place Hotel. Great Rooms all with Ocean Front Views. Free and Well Served Breakfast. Free Parking. Great Pool. All at a very Reasonable price! That is rare. Staff were excellent from front desk, to bar and restaurant, to cleaning staff. Excellent!

Room Tip: Parking can be tight if the hotel is fully booked.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bryan b
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
bryan b- Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! I am happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed the rooms, our complimentary hot breakfast and our oceanfront pool deck. I also appreciate the kind comments on the staff. I will definitely share them with the staff!

We hope to see you both again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Arabic first
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

This hotel has the fastest check-in, my goodness disney should pay attention. The front desk staff, so friendly especially Ashely, beautiful people. All staff members says hello, clean,clean,clean, so important. we fell in love with the place again the 2 time around. Not giving 5 stars because for 3 days main entree for breakfast was the same sandwich, they need to serve something different everyday, pancakes, waffle, french toast - that was different everyday. love all the different varieties of food available. regardless it is a great breakfast. jucuzzi was again not as hot as it should be, all 3 days was not up to par? why? very dissapointed with that. we told the front desk and it was just slightly warmer the next day. Hope something is done about it because on our last stay in march of this year it just didnt work. Wish we wouldnt have to leave the hotel to find lunch or dinner. Pizza from brunos only deliverary place. bakery kiosk at front desk has sandwiches,snacks but way to expensive. to much!!! They should have menues of places that would deliver. Towels were always available and fresh out of the dryer when needed by the poolside. just wonderful. Happy they added the chairs in the balcony. No hotel is perfect but this one comes close.

Room Tip: Ocean view excellent but noticed side rooms have a little more space.
Green Features: need to add plastic recycle bins available. love that breakfast is served on real plates.
1 Thank jewels137
jvharding- Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! Thank you for the kind comments on the check in process and our fantastic staff. We always aim for perfect service! I do apologize for the hot tub issues. We are constantly monitoring it to make sure it stays hot. When looking for solid delivery options in the area make sure to come to the front desk. We have a lot of different menus and even coupons available!

We look forward to having you in again soon!
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

The Daytona Beach Hyatt Place has everything going for it. We had a great stay. The rooms are spacious and cleverly designed. It's right on the beach. The front desk staff was hotel-school perfect. Very disciplined, and sincerely caring. This may be a Hyatt Place convention--I've never stayed at one before--but I was impressed with the many guest-related functions performed on the ground floor. There's a full-service bar with 24-hour hot food, an internet cafe, a large beach-front breakfast area, and a couple of sitting areas. Breakfast was good; Continental with a few skillets of hot food. The fitness area was more than adequate, and the pool was attractive. It may well be the best hotel on Daytona Beach.

2 Thank NolaHal
NolaHal- Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! It is a true honor to be considered among Daytona's best! We offer many amenities at the hotel to make sure everyone has a great time. I am glad you got to take advantage of some of them.

Thank you for being our valued guest. Please come back and see us again soon!
Florida, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

Just back from the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach. It is a lovely hotel. Ashley checked us in and couldn’t have been any nicer or more welcoming and helpful. Our last stay at a Hyatt was at the Park Hyatt in Milan – a really incredible experience - but this check in was just as professional and upscale – really top notch service. The room was fabulous – almost everything perfect and new feeling. We contacted Andrew in advance of our arrival and he worked with us to ensure our room was just what we wanted. The pool area and beach access are wonderful and convenient. Umbrellas and chairs are available on the beach to rent for $30 a day (not from Hyatt). There is a refrigerator in the room which is very nice. Needless to say everything is spotless – the cleaning staff really do a great job here. This really is an exemplary property! Hopefully we can return soon.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mmosher
mmosher- Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! I am glad to hear your check in experience was the same as some of the resorts. We aim for perfect service, all the time! Thank you for recognizing Ashley, she is a true asset to the team! It was my pleasure making sure everything was set up as needed for your room. Reach out to me anytime if you need anything!

We truly appreciate you staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Brandywine, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

I originally booked with another hotel in Daytona Beach. Based on the photos, the hotel looked amazing. When I arrived, it was a complete nightmare and I ended up cancelling. They Hyatt Place stood out to me from the street so I went in to ask to see if they had availability for the night. They did, even though it was a little more expensive than my original hotel. I didn't even care about the price difference because their customer service was amazing, the hotel was clean, and the staff was awesome. Once I mentioned the headache I had with the other "hotel" (if you even want to call it that), the manager even offered to reserve my hotel in Cocoa Beach for us (the next place we're staying).
All in all,I cannot give this place cannot enough credit. My room has a great view, it's clean, it's spacious, and I may even cancel my Cocoa Beach vacation and stay in Daytona for the next week!!!

Room Tip: King oceanview is totally worth it. Has a balcony, couch, glass bathroom doors. You'll fall in l...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brenda C
Brenda C- Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! I am happy to hear we were able to help you out when your original plans had to change. Thank you for the kind comments on the hotel and the staff. They really do go above and beyond for our guests!

Thank you for choosing us after a little trouble with your previous hotel. Please come see us again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

There are only a few things that keep me from giving this hotel a perfect rating. The facility is very clean and staff are wonderful, very friendly. The only things that I did not like were the jacuzzi was too cold to get in at night ( I froze), there is no microwave in the guest rooms and if you stay for a whole week that is really a must for me, and breakfast while good is over at 9:30 ( at least 10:30 would be more acceptable, you want to sleep in a little on vacation). Overall though my stay was great, great view of the ocean, clean facility, comfortable beds and an almost perfect vacation.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Melissa H
Melissa H- Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! I am happy to hear that overall your stay was great. I am sorry to hear our hot tub was not working properly during your stay. We have our maintenance department constantly monitoring it and making sure it stays hot. Thank you fro your suggestion on extending breakfast hours. It is something we are reviewing at the moment.

We hope to have you in again soon and make sure you have a perfect vacation next time!
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

This hotel is a little bit different than the norm. It is a very modern hotel....with IKEA type décor. It is very clean, and has an upscale vibe. My husband would have preferred scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast, but they had breakfast sandwiches (freshly prepared), fruit, pastries and the usual. The sandwiches were good. We had an oceanfront room and the view was fantastic. A few restaurants across the street. Overall a good stay. Lots of kids/families. There are expensive snack items available and room service.

Room Tip: Oceanfront would be the best room choice.
2 Thank welltraveled2008
welltraveled2008- Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! The Hyatt Place model is a little different from the rest. A very modern brand, but still comfortable for all. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. We do occasionally serve scrambled eggs and sausage, hopefully when you return we will have them available for your husband!

Thank you for being our valued guest. We look forward to having you in again soon!