2,517 results
All reviews front desk pool bar ocean front an older hotel valet parking pool side the entire staff bike week checking in spring break oceanfront room cynthia cora balcony daytona conference boardwalk
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU ARE FINANCIALLY IN A POSITION TO HAVE MONEY UNEXPECTEDLY TAKEN FROM YOU!
First, this place was absolutely gorgeous. We got married at Frank Rendon Park on June 21st and had our reception at the Plaza. We also had all of our family and our wedding party stay at the Plaza as well. The staff for the reception was amazing, the coordinators were astounding, and the reception itself was of fantastic quality. All of the things I mentioned would cause this hotel to receive a five star rating. But the issues we had with some of the staff almost completely cancel out all of the good things we experienced while we were here.
Before I continue, let me stress why I take this so seriously: We were treated this way after paying the hotel over $8,000 out of our own pocket. The total revenue the hotel received thanks to our family and wedding party was easily over $10,000 within 48 hours. In regards to the staff, the problems start with the reception desk. They do not know how to listen and this caused them to repeatedly double charge our wedding party. The front desk’s mistakes cost us almost $300 extra trying to make up for them to ensure that our friends had money to enjoy themselves. The hotel continuously took money that wasn’t theirs to take from our friends and then couldn’t refund it in time for our friends to use their own money. They also did nothing to compensate their mistakes, hardly offered an apology, and basically told us we were out of luck even though we were not at fault for anything they did wrong. They even caused two of the bridesmaids to cry because they took the last of their money from them when they shouldn’t have and didn’t offer any kind of compensation or even consolation for it. This was absolutely ridiculous and we will not be returning as a result. But the problems do not end here.
Our last day here, we had a “room inspector” come by after maid service came through our floor. He knocked once and before we could even answer, he let himself in while my wife was completely topless. He did not turn around, he did not apologize, he said he was there to inspect the room and just continued to do so with no respect for my wife. This was extremely unprofessional and she felt violated as a result. This was not something we expected to have to deal with.
Beyond this, there were a lot of little things that the hotel could improve on. I won’t go into them because they don’t really compare to the money problems and room inspector issue. Overall, I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anybody, and I really hate to say it because the property itself is absolutely gorgeous. In short, if you’re financially in a position to lose some unexpected money, then give it a shot. Otherwise, there’s plenty of lovely hotels on this strip that will not do the things that this hotel did to us.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
marketing302, Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear valued guest,

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your overall stay with us. I understand that there were charges to your account that you have questions about. If you would be so kind as to let me know a time when I could talk with you to ensure that all charges have been corrected and to get more detailed information regarding your stay.

Harden Perry III
Assistant General Manager, Dir of Rooms
D: 386-267-1636

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here just for one night whilst driving the east coast of Florida. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and we had a lovely sea view room with everything you could want. Very clean and comfortable. Worth getting up to see the sunrise. Food was excellent, only wish we could've stayed longer.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue P

Sue P, we appreciate you staying at the Plaza, rating us 5 stars and leaving remarks. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well, I haven't even arrived at this Hotel and I just have to rave about their reservation staff Olivia. I had to do a last minute booking and she was so nice to help this panicking mother that need to make sure my family has a place to stay during an event I need to attend to. I can't wait to see and stay at this hotel with my kids. Kudos to your 5-star customer service. See you this weekend.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Egie10, thank you for staying at the Plaza and writing a review. Happy you found Olivia very helpful and we hope you will come back again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are here now and so thankful we are checking out tomorrow to go to Orlando. One elevator was out, so you have to wait 10 plus minutes for an elevator. At 130pm we didn’t have housekeeping service, so we called just to get towels and toilet paper, we waited for over an hour and nothing. We had to hunt it down ourselves. Be careful with the pool bar as they tack on a mandatory 18% gratituty, we didn’t find this out until a server finally gave us a breakout receipt... others were just giving us the tab with the total and option to add tip- meaning we double tipped the servers the entire time. No option to bring ANY outside beverages or food and trust me it is enforced. Bottled water must be purchased from them, they do provide water at the bar n grill but don’t expect it to be out before noon and market closes before 5pm. Was told they would have activities on Sunday but nothing- kid was a bit let down. With “resort” fees you would expect just a little more. Rooms are dated and need some tlc- bathrooms and balconies are small and beds should come with an additional pillow. Coffee maker looks like something is growing in it. At $200 a night this hotel really DOES NOT meets the mark.

Trip type: Traveled with family

travelingladydiva, thank you for staying at the Plaza Resort and leaving a response. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We have 3 new elevators that were just installed and the kinks are being worked out of them, our apologies. We hope that you may give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I never want to leave- seriously!! Such a comfortable resort with every amenity... but this poolside bar ((((( magic))))). Thank you for your southern hospitality!!! I noticed so many guests who were not on their “best behavior”, but the entire staff took it with grace and patience. Today, Marissa at the poolside bar, took excellent care of me- just like she did a couple of months ago when I visited. This place will always be in my Florida rotation- not just because of the great ocean front rooms and excellent food, but because of the staff, like Marissa, who go above and beyond to make my experience special.

Trip type: Traveled on business
marketing302, Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

LisaAnn Too, it warms our hearts to know that you had a great time and didn't want to leave. Marissa is one of our star bartenders, thank you for giving her a shout out. We appreciate you being a repeat guest and are looking forward to seeing you again.