This hotel is located on Daytona Beach, 3 blocks from Ocean Walk Village. It is historic but beautifully renovated on the inside. We arrived earlier than 4pm check out time on a Wednesday prior to guests arriving for the busy Coke Zero Race (we weren't there for that). We got checked in and the desk did all they could to get us a room asap, said we could go ahead and enjoy the amenties of the resort. One downfall is that they said they would call us, and 45 minutes later we had to go ask if it was ready. So while we waited, the valets Charlie and Lamar, unloaded our vehicle and securely stored our luggage and parked our vehicle. The valet service is included in the resort fee, so we utilized it on every opportunity, with added tips of course. When the room became available, the valet brought our luggage up to the room and unloaded it for us. Our room had a convenient mini frig and microwave. We had a balcony, but the ocean view room was of the parking garage and ocean. During the wait, my husband had enjoyed a drink from the pool bar (over priced) and we with our 6 year old son viewed the beautiful pool and beach area. We were also given 2 complimentary cocktail vouchers for our stay. The first night we walked to Ocean Walk for dinner after a manager suggested Bubba Gumps, which we regret. There are places to eat and things to do, so unless you just want to leave the premises for those things, you really don't have to. On site, there is a spa, a small market/gift shop with drinks and snacks, a pool bar, a lounge restaurant and the Magnolia Restaurant, where we ate their breakfast buffet the next morning; it was very good. The best part of our experience is that I was able to lounge by the pool, while my son played in the pool, and at the same time took in the beautiful view and breeze of the ocean and there was private access to the beach (which is at the non-busy end). So at dusk, we walked down to the beach and let our son play in the ocean while taking in the sun going down and the Ocean Walk and ferris wheel lit up at night. It was a much needed wonderfully, relaxing 2-day getaway for us. So after years of trying to get my husband to go to Daytona (only a 2-hour drive), we are ready to plan another trip back and says he will only stay at the Plaza Resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stretching across the Seabreeze Avenue beach approach, the historic Plaza Resort & Spa has been entertaining guests for over a century. Discover the grand tradition of hospitality and service at this sparkling Daytona Beach hotel. Stretch out in our elegant, spacious accommodations and enjoy stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean. Experience true relaxation at our very own Ocean Waters Spa, the only full-service European-style spa in Central Florida. Transform your typical seaside getaway into one where you discover what affordable luxury is all about at this historic Daytona Beach Florida hotel, where extraordinary comfort begins with a premier setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelPower, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Plaza Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Resort And Spa
- Plaza Hotel Daytona Beach
- Plaza Resort Daytona Beach