“Can't wait to come back!”
Review of Plaza Resort & Spa

Plaza Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was our second stay at the Plaza and it was even nicer than we remembered. The location of the resort is excellent. All the employees were very welcoming and courteous. Our very large oceanfront room was immaculate with all kinds of amenities (fridge, bottled water, kitchenette with sink), a big, comfy bed, and AMAZING views. We especially enjoyed the pool and the convenient beach access. We had breakfast and lunch at Magnolia's and both were delicious. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to take advantage of the spa services, 'cause the spa looked VERY inviting every time we walked by! Maybe next time. . . Our only complaint was the lack of water pressure in the shower (not sure if this was because of the shower head or if all rooms lacked pressure), but the rest of our stay more than made up for it. We look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: An oceanfront room is the only way to go!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear DizNuts57,

Thanks for the complimentary review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back soon and next time enjoy our Ocean Waters Spa. It really is the best spa in Daytona Beach!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Where do I begin?

Upon opening my room door, I smelled an odor that made me extremely sick to my stomach. My room smelled of a combination of mold,mildew, and cigarette smoke (though a non-smoking room).

The AC was not working properly as warm air was coming out of the vents.

The bed sheets had multiple stains on them.

There was a dead cockroach in my shower tub.

Needless to say, my wife and I were very uncomfortable with the overall cleanliness and unsanitary condition of this hotel. For the next 2 nights, my wife and I slept on the armchair and the couch located in our room....

The only positive of the hotel is that is is situated right on the beach.

This hotel is in a serious need of a renovation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Taromomobobapeanut
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your review. I would like to extend our apologies for the poor experience you encountered during your recent stay. What you experienced is not the norm. I will use your comments to improve our inspection process to avoid renting a room with these deficiencies in the future.
Your complete satisfaction is important to us.Feel free to call me directly for additional assistance.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We arrived Monday around 5pm and was given room 1406. The view was VERY nice, although a little gloomy (no one can control that). The room seemed very nice at first, HOWEVER as we continued through the night, we found the bed/pillows very uncomfortable so we asked for 3 extra pillows (Kim brought those, and she was super nice). The bathroom is VERY small, I mean VERY small and the balcony is EXTREMELY tight. PS, water pressure in the shower was weak. My husband kept tossing and turning, and at 430am I couldn’t stand it anymore, so I went to the front desk and complained, and that's when we switched to the Suite room oceanfront 1005. The bathroom was still the same size, very small however the balcony was a little bit bigger although not by much. The bed felt more uncomfortable, good thing we carried our extra pillows with us. on TUESDAY it all went DOWN HILL, we were woken up to banging on the walls/ceiling so I called the front desk and was told they are doing construction and that hotels.com should of displayed that on the reservation (....and THEY DONT). IT IS VERRRRRRRRY LOUD! Remember we got up at 430am and had to move ALL our stuff (3 people) to a new room so not happy to be awaken the way we were! WEDNESDAY we were awaken by a very annoying beep and banging again. We had to leave our vacation 2 days early, it was unbearable. THE NOISE is terrible. I have video and is loud. The pool is nice and deep, the parking was good because the place was dead. My husband and I think this place has alot of potential, but please don’t go now, while they are in construction, IS BAD! They adjusted our night rate from 104+17 resort fee+taxes to 69+17 resort fee+taxes. I feel ripped off as I was unable to sleep, and had to deal with noise from 830am to 530pm NON STOP!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank euniceplanner
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear euniceplanner,
Thank you for writing a review. Your comments are very important to us. Yes, we are doing some balcony renovations between now and December.
This can be disturbing at times. We apologize that a combination of uncomfortable pillows and mattresses combined with the noises from construction affected your stay in a very negative way. We will work harder on making sure all of our guests are aware of the potential for noise and during what hours they can expect it. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about the size of the bathrooms.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Upon arrival hotel looks very beautiful. Asking slightly higher price than other properties, thus thought was abit nicer than the others. Lobby and front look extremely nice, after that things begin to fade, all rooms been renovated, nice tvs , comfortable beds all is good. Hallways and rest of property just very old. Again property is right on beach, pool is very large and warm, no hot tub but again overall everything is okay. Stayed at the hilton last time which is slightly cheaper but is considerably better, Plaza is fine but for the money other properties are better. I think again the age of property comes through the closer you look. Pluses are very nice tvs in room, fridges in room and view of ocean in all rooms is also nice. Negatives are just age of property.

Room Tip: Hallways are abit scarey and old but once in room, I think all rooms are renovated
1  Thank Dan758
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Dan758,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed many features and amenities about our hotel. The age of teh building is certainly a plus and a minus of who we are. We work continuously to keep our building well maintained but admittedly it is not close to perfection. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed there this weekend. The place smelled clean and fresh when u walk in, Rose at the front desk was great. (Thank you Rose for serving our country)
Our room was large clean and bright with a great ocean view. Room had a small fridge and coffee maker. The sliding glass doors are hard to open watch your step going through.
We would return to the Plaza.
Its a great location about 2 blocks from the band shell and board walk.
Also no cars allowed on that part of the beach.

Only thing be sure to wear your shoes when you go down to the beach at the bottom of the stairs are a lot of sticky pricker plants.

Room Tip: we had room 635 great view of the ocean and pool.

Dear IslandMLT,
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.Please come back soon.We would love to be your home away from home once again.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Right on the beach! The concrete beach! Lol. How can you have fun on a matted down beachfront???
Anyway, this hotel is very classic. You get free drink vouchers for the bar in the lobby upon check in..woo hoo!
The rooms were very clean and ROOMY! Balcony was nice but the metal was breaking away from the concrete..looking like it was gonna fall off.
Right on the Atlantic strip which was convenient to everything.

The only thing that wasn't cool was the receptionist said the valet was included but at the end of our stay, we were charged almost $20 bucks..for one night..such [--]! There isn't anywhere to park for free either.

• Stayed: August 2013
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Realtalk313,

Thank you for your review. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is one of many benefits. We are proud of our history as one of the areas older hotels.We are doing some remodeling now that will only make us better in the near future. I hope that you will return to Daytona Beach and when you do, choose the PLaza Resort and Spa as your home away from home.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I were cruising A1A (Beachfront Avenue!) south of St. Augustine when we decided to get a hotel. I tried one of Travelocity's Secret hotels and got the Plaza at a good price. Since it was the weekend of our anniversary it worked out very well. the room was large with comfy beds, a kitchenette and a small balcony for two overlooking Daytona Beach. it is within walking distance to some good local restaurants and shops. the beach was beautiful, the pool was magnificent and the staff went out of their was to make us feel welcome. the housekeeper even lent us her own iPhone charger. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: You may have to give up the king sized bed for two queens if you want an ocean view, but it is worth...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Rob A,

Thank you for your review and more importantly Happy Anniversary!. I am glad that you had a great time and were happy with our resort and staff. Please return for more anniversary celebrations in the future.