Plaza Resort & Spa
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
$86
$82
Best Western International Speedway Hotel(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$79
$67
BestWestern.com
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$102
$99
Hotels.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$79
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$101
$85
Daytona Beach Regency(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$148
Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$80
$78
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$88
$78
Agoda.com
2,177 results
All reviewslil bitfront deskpool barocean fronthotel is beautifulvalet parkingan older hotelpool sidethe entire staffupon checkbike weekspring breakoceanfront roomrobincynthiabalconydaytona
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The staff at The Plaza are some of the most friendly and helpful folks that I have ever encountered. They are always ready with a smile and pleasant greeting every time you see them. .The rooms are clean and neat. Beds comfortable and the view from the balconies of the beach and ocean are great. Although it was nearing Bike week, there was not an excess of noise and no boisterous activity in the hotel itself. One of the wait staff in the breakfast room, Christina, was one of the most pleasant of my experiences there. She would greet you, with a warm smile and laugh, and always made us feel at home. She went out of her way to do anything for us that she could, and was very quick in doing so, as well. The food was good, although I do think that a plate warmer would help keep the food warm until eaten. I will admit, that the weather this week was unusually cold, which cools food very quickly, no matter how hot it had been. All in all, we had a very good experience at the Plaza,

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the ocean side are great with fabulous views and balconies for your pleasure..
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thanks for your feedback! I am very happy to read how great our staff was during your stay. Christina is one of many great staff members we have. I will take a look at the buffet line to see what we can do to insure the hot food is always hot. The plaza Resort and Spa is a great combination of historic beauty complemented by an incredible setting, outstanding staff and modern amenities. We hope to welcome you back soon!!!

General manager

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Friendly staff, nice beach! You can even park your car on the beach with a pass! No need to carry or lug all your gear around. My wife and I enjoyed ourselves. A short walk to some nice restaurants. We will be back.

Room Tip: The 4th floor seems to be the best, for great view on the ocean, not too high up, and no noise from people walking on the main floors!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Mr.

Thanks for staying with us and writing such a complimentary review. Spring is here and the beaches are wide open! Please come back soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The only problem with the view was the window in my room was FILTHY, I couldn't capture a good picture at all, because the window needed to be cleaned!

The Breakfast in this hotel is great... I had the buffet style and the bacon was finally crispy, its so hard to find crispy bacon at a buffet!

One thing I didn't like was the many different menus on the floor when I walked in! Apparently they allow people to come in anytime to slide these under your doors, One slid in while I was there, and I slid it right back out!

The parking situation isn't to great, I had a bus and had to go back and forth just to try to park, but on the second day a gentleman named Corey I believe helped me get parked and I was good for the rest of the trip!

Other than that, the room was nice, it has a big flat screen new TV which I always love. No complaints in that department!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your review. We have been going through a great deal of renovations recently and the windows are in need of a good washing so you can have a great viw of the World's most famous beach. I will get them scheduled for cleaning in the near future.

Your business is appreciated and I do hope that you will return very soon!!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Plaza has spectacular views from the oceanside rooms. The lobby is very nice and the staff helpful. The hallways and elevators have an unpleasant smell. Our first room smelled of cigars, even though it is a non-smoking hotel, and needed a thorough cleaning. We were moved to a different room and were much happier with the new room. However, the carpeting was so dirty and worn I was reluctant to go barefoot. The bathroom is very small. The room has a refrigerator, microwave, kitchen sink and cupboards,which are nice for a prolonged stay. The bed was comfortable and the room was fairly quiet, unless something noisy was taking place on the beach. The room had a balcony, which was nice for enjoying the beach and ocean, however the smell of tobacco and pot was strong on the balcony (it was the first week of spring break and just prior to bike week). This was our third stay at the Plaza and will likely be our last, as it has gone downhill fast. I'm sure there are better places for the price.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard M
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Richard, thank you very much for your comments. We are in the process of doing some nice renovations which will help to address some of your concerns.New televisions, couches, bedding, balcony repairs, and many ther improvements are under way and should be completed in just a few more months.I really appreciate your past patronage and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you very soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The Plaza Resort and Spa is a good hotel overall, with many nice features, including a good pool area and walkway directly to the beach. The beachfront location is on the Northern side of Daytona Beach which in theory is a bit quieter.

You should book a beachfront room and try to avoid rooms that look out on the strip, since late night merriment and loud cars and motorcycles make it pretty noisy into the late night hours. Parking is conveniently located in the hotel and there is a spa, restaurant, etc. and other good restaurants within walking distance, although you will need a car to get to the better places.

The staff is helpful and efficient and rooms are large and very clean with comfortable beds and furnishings. WIFI is free and fast.

Nice stretch of beech to walk on up to the nearby pier. A short drive to good restaurants like Bonefish Grill, Ronin for sushi, and others.

Room Tip: Pick a beach view room. Avoid rooms facing the street, which is the main drag in Daytona Beach
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank WellTraveled3
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you very much for your thoughtful comments about our many amenities and conveniences. Our hotel is located right on one of the best sections of the best beaches in the world. Our staff is really exceptional which I am happy to see you recognize. I hope you will come back soon!!