“Amazing... We are going back again and again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Perry's Ocean Edge Resort

Perry's Ocean Edge Resort
Ranked #17 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Brampton
“Amazing... We are going back again and again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2007

I'm writing this a while after our actual visit but since we will be going back again this September, I thought that I should write something.

Perry's Oceanedge Resort was fantastic. From the room, to the front desk staff, to the woman running the gift shop, to the women supplying the donuts and coffee in the morning; Perry's was just Amazing.

It's funny; you read all these reviews of people saying how much they like coming back and how it's such a family atmosphere but you don't really understand untill you stay there. You litterally feel comfortable the moment you step in that lobby.

Note: If you are looking for a crazy Spring Break party, this is not your place and please don't make it your place. Perry's is quite and peaceful and that is exactly what I want from a vacation.

Thanks Perry's! Same Time Next Year!

• Liked — The staff and the view.
  • Disliked — I wish there was wireless intenet in our room (It is available in other rooms and in common areas)
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Socko76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2006

Stayed at Perry's during Biketoberfest weekend. This was our first time at Perry's, and overall it was a great experience. This is an older hotel that's had a lot of upgrades and additions over the years. We found the staff friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, and maid service was fine. I only had one complaint. The website said that rooms had hair dryers in them, and they did not. So I looked like Medusa all weekend. Which was actually ok because I was on the back of a motorcycle all weekend anyway. But if the website says they have it and they don't, well...... So pack a hair dryer if you go.

• Liked — spacious rooms, doughnuts
  • Disliked — no hair dryer as listed on internet site
  • Tips/Secrets — bring a hair dryer!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank swnaugusta
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2006

Myself, along with my son and his family and daughter and her family have been staying at Perrys for years. We have always found the employees to be polite and very helpful. The rooms are always clean and well supplied. No matter what age the child, there is something to do. They have family games, from building the best sandcastle to volleyball. There are plenty of chairs in which to lay out or sit. We live on the other coast, and this is just a few hours drive to a nice getaway with the entire family. We have found that most of the people who stay here are repeat customers who have come for years. It is convinent to grocery stores, one being across the street, and lots of entertainment. We were recommended by friends to stay here, and would recommend it highly to anyone looking for a nice getaway.

• Liked — something for everyone to do, without leaving hotel.
  • Disliked — need a car in which to eat out.
  • Tips/Secrets — great place to just sit and relax.
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled with family
5 Thank tweets922
Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2006

Arrived on thursday pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. really enjoyed the pools and the room was really nice and big and it was super clean. And a very friendly staff. Will come back

• Liked — indoor pool area
  • Disliked — slow elevators
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank LaRobley
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2006

We just returned from a vacation in Florida. We hadn't been to Florida in six years and imagine our surprise to see the great changes that had taken place at Perry's. We had wonderful accommodations. We had a great oceanfront room with kitchen. The outdoor pools and indoor pool were nice. We loved the friendly, family atmosphere. The staff members were extra nice. The free doughnuts and orange juice at breakfast were great, too. We highly recommend Perry's......We plan to stay there at our next vacation!

Pat from KY

• Stayed June 2006
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2006

The family and I wanted to go to Daytona Beach for a short vacation. The wife and I wanted to take our bikes. However, if we rode that would preclude taking our three boys. So we opted to find what we hoped would be a biker friendly hotel. One that would permit us parking for our company trailer capable of towing our Harley’s. We thought we found such a place at Perry’s Ocean Edge Resort.

The wife called ahead and was told that ample parking was available across the street. Moreover, that is lot was staffed with 24 hour security. When we arrived we found this parking lot unpaved and full of nails, screws, wire, and metal shards. When I demurred, Steve the night shift maintenance supervisor suggested that we park on the grass between the lot and the road. It seemed and looked like a better option, so we agreed. Steve stated, “the way the vendors’ drive who park back here will probably hit your vehicle any way.” The next day Vicki, with an I as she extols, the hotel manager extols, “this is unacceptable and the rules are the rules and that we would have to park in the lot with the other vendors.” We complied, meaning that we would also be unable to bring the ramp door down to off load the bikes in the dirt and debris. In other words, no bikes for this vacation.

Please note we are not one of Perry’s vendors but a customer. I complied and while waiting bought a disposable camera. I expended the 27 pictures documenting the numerous tire hazards. While waiting to speak to the general manager I told Vicki, “with an I,” that I was not impressed with their customer service. Vicki, told me that she has, “been doing customer service longer than you were born.”

When I got to speak with the general manager, John Apuzzo, I told him about the documentation of the tire hazards and gave a 3 inch nail to punctuate the point. I asked if I found any more nails would he like if I gave them to him. John said, “no keep them as a souvenir.” Basically, John’s response was if you don’t like it stay someplace else.

Pictures (to be developed and I need I another camera, you will not believe it) and PowerPoint to follow: … by the way, it took about three hours to get enough signal strength on Perry’s wifi to send this message. Much, much more to follow as the frustration subsides!

When we checked out the room was inspected for damage. Is this done for all occupants?

We have started a web blog and email campaign discouraging patronage at Perry’s. Also, This experience will be used in my courses as an example of how not to do customer service.

By

Room 612

Docs’ Cyclemetics, LLC.

Jerry L. Shmidt, Jr., Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Business
At a local Florida College

25 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2006

My husband and I were looking for a few nights stay directly on the beach without having to spend a fortune and a travel agent recommended Perry's. For $100 a night we had a beautiful, clean newly remodeled room directly facing the ocean. Our room even had a small fridge with a microwave, great for those late night snacks. It was perfect!
Perry's had much more than a perfect location to offer. There are 2 outdoor,(not including the children's pool) and 1 indoor pool with a large jacuzzi. They have a few planned activities for the kids to do for a nominal fee each day. Outside there are gas grills for barbecuing and shuffleboard for those people staying longer. The complimentary homemade doughnuts in the morning are a real treat as well.
We had a great stay, and would not hesitate to go back again with our children since they would love it also.

• Stayed May 2006