“Great price, great location, clean & comfortable”

Perry's Ocean Edge Resort
Ranked #18 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Gainesville, Florida
“Great price, great location, clean & comfortable”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here over the summer with me my husband our 3 kids & my niece and nephew all in one room! It was a very large room with 2 beds and a sofa pullout. My youngest son wanted to sleep in his new blowup boat we bought for the beach. We were looking for one last mini vacation before summer was over and Perry's was a perfect location on the beach with 3 pools, one of them indoor and it was huge and they were all very clean. The room was very clean as well as the bathroom and the bedding if you are picky like me. It had a full size kitchen equipped with a full size fridge, stove, microwave, and all the accessories needed to cook up a full size meal! Which we did several times. It also has a toaster and dishwasher! All this for approximately $150! Wow were we surprised! Great place, great price and we all had a great time while saving money. I would say the only down side was the parking. It's a bit tight and if you stay out late chances are you will be parking across the street from the hotel. Other than that we loved it!

2 Thank g8termom
Libby G, General Manager at Perry's Ocean Edge Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. Perry's is a great place to travel with your family, with range of room types and sizes we can accommodate families of all sizes. We hope you and your family come and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Christiansburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed 3 nights on Labor Day Weekend. The desk staff is very friendly and eager to help. They went out of their way to greet you and ask if you needed anything and to orient you to Perry';s. We loved the location as beachfront. We had a room on the ground floor with a small patio outside. We walked thru the grass and was on the beach or at the pool 20 feet away. We grilled out one night on the grills on the lawn. The beach was nice and pretty clean. Trucks set up on the beach every day to rent umbrellas and chairs for $30/set for 2 chairs and an umbrella. They even had an ice cream truck that drove up and down the beach selling ice cream and snow cones ($3-$5 each). Pool towels were available at the desk but are more like tea towels, they are so small and thin.
The rooms were pretty nice, with a large flat screen tv, a small kitchen but adequate for the little bit of cooking we did there and they supplied a few pots and pans. The beds were hard and pretty uncomfortable. We had a problem with some noisy neighbors staying up past 2 a.m. on one of the nights but the rooms were quiet otherwise. There was alot of noise in the early mornings with employees who started working in the causeway at 7 a.m. each morning, calling to each other and rolling cleaning carts, etc.
The doughnuts were very good in the mornings, served with coffee and orange juice from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. The activities for the kids were pretty good but there were only 1-2 activities each day for short intervals. My kids stayed in the pool (there are 2 on the grounds) or in the inside pool most of the time, if we weren't walking or swimming on the beach. The other guests were very friendly and many spoke to each other when passing. There was a family atmosphere.
The cleaning staff were not very friendly, to the point of being rude. We noticed several maintenance issues on the grounds, with paint peeling and chipping, areas worn and needing minor repairs. The grass was beautiful and so soft to walk on.
I would go back to Perry's just due to the pools and so close to the beach, but I think I would take an eggcrate or air mattress with me to put on the mattress and some earplugs. It is a value for the price but could be much better with a little closer attention to maintenance and customer service.

Room Tip: The rooms on the grounds floor, the 100's are oceanfront kitchenettes. Very convenient to walk s...
1 Thank CarnanP
Bazel, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed @ this hotel for 2weeks and a half. We had a standard room in the north tower and it was close by the pool and beach. You can do your own grill near by the pool. Very friendly people and a nice tiki bar. Room was clean every day. Good location.

Room Tip: Family rooms are more expensive but better location and looked like a small appartment
1 Thank Evi V
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Perry's and hope that the next time you travel to sunny Daytona Beach, you will stay with us again.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed as a family at the end of July and really enjoyed the trip. On the down side, the TV's really need updating. On the up side, the donuts were fabulous! We had an interior room facing the indoor pool and we had no problems with noise as some other reviewers experienced. The location right on the beach was great and the pool choices made it even nicer. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VickiB624
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed at Perry's several times a year over the last 25 years and each time has been wonderful! The garden area has a wonderful indoor pool that is great for skin that is sensitive to the Florida sun.

• Stayed August 2013
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We just recently returned from a 2 night stay at Perry's. The first room we were given had a terrible odor of mold and mildew, the second room we were given was in the inside pool area. This room was fine, not great but fine. I will not be the bashing nit pickers I have seen on this site. But I will say I was not impressed. When I made the reservation I specifically asked if the hot tub and tiki bar were open and operational, I was told yes. The first night the hot tub was closed and all I could get for a response ( that came from the maintenance person ) was "wont be ready tonight". We looked outside to see if the tiki bar was open and at that time ( 6pm ish ) it was. However after some running around we returned around 8pm to enjoy a drink at the tiki bar and it was closed. I was told that the restaurant and tiki bar are not operated by Perry's. Well it still looks bad for the place when the hours are so spotty. I had read several reviews previous to booking here and they mentioned parking was a bit of a nightmare, they are correct!!!!! luckily the resort was very empty during our stay so it wasn't that bad but if you go there during a busy time and have a large vehicle,,,,, GOOD LUCK!. Went up for the homemade doughnuts and they were ok, a few choices and coffee, juice, and water are available. I wasn't as impressed as some people have been, but for the price ( free ) how can you really complain? We looked in the book for the check out time and it is very confusingly stated, it said between 11am - 1pm. So we didn't rush the morning we were leaving, but at 11:01 got a call from the front desk asking if we were checking out today? I said yes, but the book said checkout time was 11-1 and she said no the book is confusing but checkout time is 11. So we rushed to get packed and out. All in all we had a good time, I don't believe a resort should make or break your vacation, especially as short of one as we took. However, this is an older resort and I didn't feel I got what I paid for. Perry's is a bit overpriced for what they offer. You can find much better bang for your buck if you do some research. I will not be returning, and wouldn't recommend any of my friends to stay there. Sorry Perry's you were not as magical for me as you are for some of your other guests. Two thumbs down from us.

Room Tip: inside rooms away from the water seem a bit rundown, they seem to push the ocean view rooms, perhaps...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gus-On-Tilt
Ocala
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We've stayed at Perry's many times in the last 5 years and find the golf packages are just wonderful. You used to be able to do the package online - but now you can book the room online and speak to the hotel directly to arrange your golf courses and tee times. We've never been disappointed. They always seem to get the tee times we ask for at the courses we like. The hotel itself is a great "beach" hotel. Not glitzy - but when I want glitz - I go to New York. We like the lawn chairs and tables so that you can enjoy the sight and sound of the waves without getting sandy.. The two outdoor pools are always kept clean and the indoor pool and spa are great in the evenings and when the weather outside doesn't co-operate. We like room # 6.. Free WIFI is a plus !!

Room Tip: We like # 6 -- one door leads to the indoor pool and the other door leads to the ocean and Tiki Bar...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple