“hotel on the beach”

Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront
Ranked #3 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 3, 2014

this was a great hotel right on the beach. It was great to be able to walk out the door and onto the beach. The room was comfortable and had all the right amenities. It was nice to have a fridge in the room too.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Sally B
Maureen S, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

There is something wonderful about walking out your front door onto beautiful Daytona Beach! Our "front yard" is an awesome every-changing display of nature - we are very glad you enjoyed your time with us!

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have stayed at a lot of hotels over the years, but we have never had such exceptional service as we had at the Hampton Inn, Daytona Beach. The hotel staff were amazing! From the moment we checked in, everyone was so friendly and accommodating. I had to call down to the front desk for a few things and, within minutes, we had what we requested - there was no delay, no excuses. Whatever we needed, it was there. The hotel staff were constantly asking how our day was going - they truly cared whether we were having a great vacation. The kitchen staff were always coming around to see if there was anything else they could get us for breakfast. When I asked for a refill of something, they brought it out immediately. The level of service was exceptional. On another note, the hotel iteself is very modern and very clean. The beds were very comfortable and we had a restful nights sleep every time. The experience was positive all around. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family and would go back again anytime. The people at the Hampton Inn made our vacation a truly exceptional experience. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for noticing our Hamptonality! Our team is dedicated to providing an exceptional experience and our Above and Beyond team culture is reflected in our staff.

We appreciate your taking time to recognize our team and we hope you will return soon - we want you to come "home" soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hotel is around a year old and everything in new and spotless. Very comfortable. Five minutes north of main area of Daytona in a quiet area. Nice pool and kiddie fountain area and outside bar. One of the nicer Hampton's I've stayed at. An ocean FRONT room above the fifth floor is ideal because the view is spectacular from the balcony.

Room Tip: Ocean FRONT on a high floor -- sixth floor or higher.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your very complimentary review! We are very glad you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you again - hopefully in the near future!

We appreciate YOU!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

When you are traveling with three children ages 7, 5, and 10 months not a lot of people want to serve you; however, from the second I walked in I felt welcome! Isaiah had a smile on his face and was super friendly and helpful--he also remembered me everyday after when I would see him at the desk and always made it a point to speak!

The room was awesome--we had oceanview and it was perfect--we could see the street and the ocean and the little balcony was perfect to watch the sun rise and set! The 7th floor had a great view! The rooms were beyond clean and set up to make it feel more like a small suite. I loved the mini-fridge and microwave.

Diane was so helpful and friendly at breakfast--even made my waffle and brought it to me when she saw me carrying my 10 month old while making our plates. I truly enjoyed hearing her story and how she came to live in Daytona.

And, to top it off, they allowed me a late checkout at no cost (I wish I could remember the lady's name at the desk today because she was super friendly, too).

Very nice workout facility and they do provide pool towels which was great! The kids loved the splash pad--I wish every hotel had one!! Even my youngest enjoyed crawling around in it!

The whole facility is gorgeous and I cannot say enough good things about it! I researched on trip advisor and the reviews were right on! So glad we had the pleasure of staying here :)

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Maureen S, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

We really appreciate your recognition of Isaiah, Catherine and Diane - they are wonderful representatives of our Above and Beyond team!

We are so pleased you chose us for your leisure time with your family - we want to be your home in Daytona!

Please come back soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

One would think that this property would take a lot of abuse since it is near the track, but I was very surprised. It is a large one, but it is spotless and the food is great. I Will stay there again, the folks at the front desk are really good and helpful

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

we appreciate your kind words - thank you for choosing Hampton!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is my second year staying at Hampton Inn. The people are very friendly and helpful. They did everything they could to make sure that we had an ocean side room, even if it was an ADA room. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The only complaint that I had; which is not their fault, is when I was resting, someones kids were laying on the doorbell then left. The young man that worked the 3 to 11 shift was a sweet heart. He even danced with us while we were dancing in the lobby. :) I can't wait to go again next year. Love this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Welcome home!! We are so pleased you returned to us and we look forward to your return again soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have had some not so pleasant experiences in past years at some Hampton's.....but this one is awesome. It is very obvious that the staff has had excellant customer training. I am in the medical profession, so cleanliness is the first thing I notice. This facility was most likely the cleaniest I have ever stayed in, including some of the more pricey high end resorts . Everyone was so nice, and seemed so sincere. The staff made themselves friendly, but not intrusive. The breakfast was more than adequate....and was kept replenished, and clean, It was your typical cereal, fruit, pastries, yogurt, and waffle station, oatmeal, and a protein, and egg dish everyday. They did not charge for parking....which we found delightful, as this is usually an added charge, and parking was adequate. The pool area had adequate chairs, pool towels plentiful, and very good beach access. This is a smaller facility which seemed nice.....never felt crowded, even though it was totally booked I believe the nights we were there, We were on the 3rd floor...directly front of pool. Next time I might choose one floor up...just for a little better ocean view. The staff was very nice to book us in adjoining room as we were meeting our daughter and family there. Just can't say enough about how pleased we were. The beds were very comfortable, and everything was clean...clean...clean !!! We brought our own beach chairs and umbrella, just because we already have them, but if you do not wish to do so, and only going to be staying a day or so , renting might be easier quicker option.They have in room safe, iron, ironing board, hair dryer. Balcony is nice size,and chairs are comfortable. Free WIFI, worked well.....needless to say, we will be returning soon....this will be our new weekend getaway. as we only live about 3 hours or so away....Keep up the good work , it is obvious why you are # 1 in Daytona !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Maureen S, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

We certainly appreciate YOU! Thank you for sharing your recent visit with us - we are so glad we were able to help create happy memories and we look forward to becoming your "home" in Daytona.

Your recognition of our Above and Beyond team is very important to us - it means you experienced our Hamptonality!