“Great Property”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cambridge, Maryland
“Great Property”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I work in the Hospitality business and we honestly enjoyed our stay with this Hampton. Friendly staff, great location, and a beautifully designed interior. I cannot say enough good things about this location. The patio area is well thought out. Has a great little water park area for the grandkids and they chose wisely with the glass wall instead of a privacy fence like the other hotels. nothing but beach front views. We will definitely be returning here next year. Thanks. Also about the area if your into good subs you should visit Larrys Giant Subs. Subway aint got nothing on this place. Also the front desk staff recommended Port Orange Steakhouse a short trip away and it also is well worth the ride. Its a hidden little treasure built into a strip mall. Very odd but good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

KimEskew, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; All the staff here will be happy they had a good impact on your stay! I love Larry's - also if your a sub fan, next time try Molly Hatchets, they are JUST up the road, they deliver, fabulous food, mostly subs but also burgers and wings and the subs are HUGE, I always have to share! And yes, PO Steak House, odd location but great food - they have one further south in NSB and they are tucked away like that too, great find! I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
atlanta ga
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Loved This Hotel. Loved the Location. Loved the Room. Loved that it was right on the Beach.
BUT, hated the fact that I booked a "deluxe water view" and was given a view of the parking lot.. which I was told WAS a water view, if I wanted to look really hard about 3 blocks away at a river. What ?!?!!! I traded in extra points for my water view and since the Hotel says Ocean Front.. Ocean, Water, makes perfect sense to me. But nope, apparently I should have known that water view on the beach doesn't mean ocean. At least that is what I heard one of the employees saying to another employee while I was standing in the lobby later that evening ( she did not know it was me ) so we had a little "talk" and needless to say I was very disappointed in the way I was treated as a guest, and especially a Hilton Diamond Member

I was promised to be given back the extra points I traded in for the "water view" when I checked out, but after what had happened later that night with the employee I didn't think that was enough. I spoke with the Manager Richard and told him what had happened. He promised to refund ALL my points, and make it right the next time I visit. I would love to stay here again since he has promised to make it right. He understood my disappointment and was very apologetic and in his words told me " doesn't matter how nice our property is, if our staff lets a guest down" So thank you for hearing me and taking care of me.

When I say I have stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns, I am not kidding. And when I say this is one of the nicest ones I have seen anywhere, I am not kidding either, The pool area and common areas are top notch. The room was spacious and clean and comfortable. Everything about the place was good except for the let down on the view, and then then hearing myself being talked about in a negative way was really shocking. But this was a personal experience between me and the staff, and should not deter anyone from staying here.
Just BE SURE when you want OCEANVIEW you do not take the WATERVIEW. It is very misleading.

Will I go back? Yes and I would still recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in Daytona Beach.

Room Tip: Water View IS NOT Ocean View ! It's not even a water view. See the pic I posted of my "wa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
I'm so very disappointed that your were not 100% satisfied with your stay here at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; I can assure you this is not the standard at this hotel and that when you return we will more than exceed your expectations in all areas! As for the room description, I am excited to let you know that when we opened that was loaded incorrectly as central assumed all rooms were water view... as soon as our system came up I submitted for this to be modified and after jumping through all the customary hoops - it is now officially updated and does acurately state city view. So while again I do sincerely wish you didn't have this inconvenience to begin with, it will not happen again! I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again very soon!
Orem, Utah, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The pictures don't do this hotel justice. It's so crisp and clean with nice stone and wood finishes and modern interior finishes that made me feel pampered. The room had a large open area in the middle which was nice so that we weren't stumbling over each other. The bathroom was around the corner as was the closet so I didn't have to wake up my family when I got up early. The TV had an onscreen menu so I didn't have to flip through the channels to find a show. The whirlpool was warm but not so hot that it was uncomfortable. The pool was a little chilly for us (in October) but we didn't need it since we were only 100 yards from the beach. The breakfast was well stocked and the staff very accommodating. I really didn't want to go back. I was trying to get my husband (at a conference in Orlando) to come and join us. The only downside is the location is a little urban and there wasn't a lot of OTHER things within walking distance, you would want to plan on driving off-site to other attractions nearby...but we wanted to relax and spend at a day at the beach and this was perfect for that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KimEskew, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments! Yep, it is that time of year - we did just turn up the heat on the pool so it is warmer now sitting comfortably at 87, but I'm glad you got to enjoy the beach while you were here and I wish your husband would have gotten the chance to come over too. We have a lot of guests that walk to the board walk amusement area and Main St. shops, even at only a mile south, I prefer to drive too but there is plenty of parking there so it is pretty easy. I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again very soon (and your husband)!
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A clean and really nice hotel, right on Daytona Beach! We had a room with a balcony on the 3rd floor that looked right onto the beach. Loved the fact that we could open our balcony doors and hear the waves! The room was clean! which is what we expect from a Hampton Inn. Although we didn't use it this trip, the pool and hot tub looked great also. We will be back to this location again. What a great place to de-stress!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments, I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again very soon - and this time make sure you leave enough time to use that pool!
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is situated right on the beach in Daytona! We had planned on staying just one night, but we so pleased with the room and the hotel that we decided to stay an extra day! Comfortable room with all the right amenities. We enjoyed walking the beach right out of the hotel. Great location, great hotel with great prices. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments! You definitely can't beat the location no matter what you are here to do. I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again very soon!
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The staff was wonderful from check in to check out. The value was great including the food. Relaxing location with nice beach shop and dinner near by. I would come back here again and stay. The hotel staff was very helpful and nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; All the staff here will be happy they had a good impact on your stay! I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again very soon!
Midway, Kentucky
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This resort was perfect. You want find a better place! We went in off season and shopped around the only rooms that were close were three times more expensive,and not as clean. If you don't give this hotel a look it will be your loss. I hope next year we are still able to get a room here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; you can't do to much better than the best but we are always trying! If you are planning to come the same time next year we did just open the booking window for 365 days out, so you are welcome to go ahead and secure your room for when you plan to return. We look forward to seeing you again.