“Nice rooms, nice location, nice people” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront
Ranked #1 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tokyo, Japan
“Nice rooms, nice location, nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Was surprised to find such a good rate at a Hilton property right on the beach. Starting my business trip day with a walk on the beach sounded great so I booked a room here.
The property was in excellent condition and the rooms were very nice. Direct TV in the room with an abundance of channels to choose from. My room had a side ocean view with a small balcony. Great view of the beach so probably not much difference from a direct ocean view.
All staff I interacted with were extremely friendly and helpful. The value of good people at any hotel cannot be overstated.
For some reason, I was unable to connect to the internet using my name and room number for compplimentary guest access or as a Hilton Honors Diamond member. I had another way to connect so it wasn't a major nuisance .
I was also a little surprised that a deposit was charged to my credit card even before I checked in. For vacation travelers, it's probably not a big deal, but for business travelers, it's not a good thing.
Overall a very nice property and a good value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KimEskew, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; All the staff here will be happy they had a good impact on your stay! I find it odd you couldn't connect to the internet as we have had no complaints of this otherwise, in the event this happens again please bring it to our attention so we can find out what is going on immediatly and get you connected, we understand how important this can be. Yes, our policy as well as many others here on the ocean, is a one night's advance deposit for all reservations, being a beachfront property a lot of travel tends to be weather related and therefore no shows that aren't guaranteed in advance can add up very quickly, I do hope it was not to much of an inconvenience. In the future please know that should something come up and you need to cancel you are able to do so up until 72 hours in advance and this deposit would be refunded immediatly. I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Valdosta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was an Awesome find! We loved our stay right off we found our room to be very, very clean and the staff was so nice and answered all our questions about the area. The Pool area was great and it was so nice relaxing at night by the fire pit area. We will be coming back for additional visits!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KimEskew, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed the fire pit area as well, all too often people get so wrapped up in all the sunshine has to offer they forget to take that in when the sun goes down! I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again very soon!
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Great Hampton Inn, room clean, view & pool area great. breakfast could be improved, but nothing a little salt & pepper could't fix. staff went out of way to make our stay great. we will be back there for Daytona 500.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; Hampton as a brand is currently testing other foods and product options to add to the menus, so hopefully they will come up with something a little more flavorfull for you soon! I'm excited to hear you will be coming back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again for the races!
Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I travel a lot for business and leisure. This is was the best location. The website does not do this hotel any justice. The rooms were great, clean. The view (oceanfront) was priceless. I would recommend this location to my friends and family and would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; we look forward to seeing you (and your team) again in the near future!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Was only there for one night in Oct. but it was a wonderful stay. Nice large room with two double beds, very clean-especially for a tourist area that has a lot of teenage vacationers. However, in October, this vacation area is completely dead. I am not really sure why-I live in Myrtle Beach and it is cooler there, but we are still packed on the weekend. However, and for whatever reason, Daytona is not. But the hotel is great. Great price, great pool, great bed and linens. The only thing not great, but was still good was the person at the front desk. She seemed a little started when we asked for a recommendation for a good place to eat--like she had never heard the question before. Then she handed us a print out of pizza places. So she was no real help at all. But I would definitely stay there again and especially at the same time of the year. What a beautiful day and view of the ocean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; as we are brand new some of our stay may not be entirly familar with the local restaurants yet, I will make this my personal mission to make sure this doesn't happen again! Yes, our "season" ends with Labor Day, through the remainder of September our weekends stay busy but then we slow down for Oct and Nov. Maybe beacause of the "hurricane season" rumors or it is also our rainier season... I'm not sure, either way I am glad you got to enjoy it and I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again very soon!
virgina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

First time at this Hampton since it is a newer one. Loved everything about it. Pool Area done very nice. Has a fire pit that I wish we could of enjoyed but was raining. Can't wait for the Tiki bar to be opened. Will stay here again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; I wish we could have ordered better weather for you - next time for sure! The tiki bar should be open by the spring I would think, everything is all set we are just waiting on the state now. I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again very soon!
Easley, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

First, I will admit I have stayed at many hotels around the world but never followed up with a review. It is the least I can do for this this hotel. My wife and I were there for two nights originally and then decided to stay an extra night.
This hotel is one of the cleanest properties I have ever stayed and the staff is excellent. Everyone is so friendly and always seems to be in a good mood. This Hampton Inn should be the training facility for all staff members in US because they really know what customer service should be.
We were so impressed we decided to plan at next year vacation at Daytona in this hotel. The ocean front rooms especially 808 are fantastic.

Room Tip: Ocean front and top floor