“Daytona: Coke Zero 400”

La Quinta Inn Daytona Beach/International Speedway
Ranked #31 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel room was dirty, a non-smoking room smelled distinctly of smoke, there was a distinct odor of mold in the room. The pool was filthy, I contracted hot tub folliculitis from the filthy hot tub there.Had I been able to see the condition of the hot tub the night that we checked in I would never of set foot in it. It being nighttime obviously you can't see how bad it was. When I returned from the race mid-afternoon Saturday to refresh myself I looked at that hot tub and discovered how filthy it was. I would never have set foot in it. It should've been $62 a night instead of the $200 that we paid. When we returned from the race there was absolutely no parking spots available.I drove completely around the complex which is a fairly large complex but was in no way fully booked and they even had an armed security guard out there to check. I do have to admit that the personnel that manned the desk were extremely pleasant and answered our needs when we made them known. That is the only plus side to our whole experience. I looked at the rates for this hotel and found that they magically dropped from $200 a night because of the race down to $62 a night.Oh by the way this was supposedly a disability room yet there was no microwave no refrigerator. When we inquired about the lack of the microwave and refrigerator we were told they don't put them in disability rooms.

Never again will we spend the night in this hotel although I love La Quinta, I'd avoid this one like the plague

Room Tip: Stay away from here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TheSGM

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have stayed at many hotels, but never had an experience quite like this one. Staying for Daytona racing weekend in July, we expected to pay premium for a decent room and expected clean and comfortable. Yes, it was clean and comfy, but the staff was unbelievably awesome. We were in walking distance to the speedway (less than 10 minutes), but that was just topping on the cake compared to the great care the staff gave to us. Check in was fast, smooth, courteous and they gave a great gift bag to my 10 year old son for the race weekend FULL of really great candy and snacks. Then, the staff called us after we were in our room for about 15 minutes to make sure all was ok. THEN, the fantastic manager had a FREE burger/dog burn for all the guests the next morning complete with a DJ, beer/soft drinks and chips in the courtyard next to the pool....and then did a tribute to all veterans and gave handmade pins to them. There is so much more, but we couldn't BELIEVE how this staff and management went OUT of their WAY to make a great race weekend. Thank you!!!!! Already tried to make reservations for next year, but you are booked, of course.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Plantation, Florida, USA
Reviewed June 14, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night while waiting to depart on our cruise to the Bahamas. This place was clean and it smelled nice! The staff was so friendly. There was one great worker who actually called us after getting to our room to make sure everything was okay. She had all of the answers to our questions. There were vending machines down the hall and the hotel holds an overall nice atmosphere! it's also surrounded by a mall that includes a Michael's, Target, Toy's R Us and a plethora of other stores and restaurants!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I understand that my experience may be unique, but the way incidents were handled by this LaQuinta's staff probably is not. Just a list of things that may not be unique: housekeeping appears to simply refold towels and re-hang them (there was a stain on a towel that I purposely left folded on the bed for housekeeping and when I returned to the room afterward, the same towel was folded and hanging in the bathroom); the pillowcases were not clean; the wifi is very weak and not consistent (at least at the north end of the hotel); the floors are not cleaned (just walk around barefoot or in white socks for 15 minutes and you'll see); the breakfast is carb-heavy (waffles, muffins, donuts, breads); security is not tight, though you are led to believe so with all the keycard slots (local restaurants send people over to put menus under your door every day and don't seem to have a problem getting in), and the electrical outlets are nearly impossible to get to. Possibly unique experiences: housekeeping stole my food from fridge and in the room and removed a bag of my clothes and then told the front desk that I checked out early. I still had 1 day left. The staff found this quite amusing and laughed about the theft. The manager's response was to criticize my choice of foods and how I store my clothing, and comp me one night's stay. I did receive a credit of one night's stay; I never received my clothing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was there last may, the a/c kept the room very warm. There was no way to do it work better. I was there only one night. Last october when I stayed there was far better. This time were no fridge in the room, whe my son asked thet told him we need to request it at the time of the reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge, if you want to have a room with it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Enterprise, Alabama, USA
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My stay was very enjoyable; room/bathroom were both very clean; the hallways quiet; the grounds -- including the pool -- and interior clean and well-maintained. The staff was pleasant and both check-in and check-out were quick, seamless ... I'll be a repeat customer in any future travels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo