“Great place to stay!”

Daytona Beach Regency
Ranked #20 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We checked in on Sept 1st at the wee hour of the morning. We were able to get a nice north facing room, 2 bedroom lock off. I think they're still working on renovations, but the rooms were nice all the same. Comfy beds, nice kitchen area and spacious. People talk about the bird droppings on the balcony, well I think it's no fault of the resort. We went out on the balcony one night and there stood a pigeon on the light fixture. He was determined to stay. We tried to shoo him away with a cardboard but it didn't phase him. The staff have no problem coming to clean your area. You just have to call.

The tiki bar is pretty nice. Drinks are a little pricey, but no more than being on a cruise. My husband says he would change the bar and have some "roll up" walls installed which would make it nice. It would make it look more open to the deck. Nice idea I think.

We are still here. We check out on the 6th, but we've had a great time so far. No complaints. We would come back :)

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed August 18, 2012

The rooms are very big, with awesome kitchens. The beachfront room is spectacular! They do not promise/hold certain rooms though, so you can't be sure to get one, but if you do, you have hit the jackpot. The bedding is very high quality. We always stay at times when the rates are very low and what you get for the price can't be beat. Sure, the elevators are kind of slow as others have mentioned but we have stayed at the other places near by and they are there too. Slow elevators doesn't take away from the pros at this place so I wouldn't let that influence your decision. The Tiki Bar is fun and serves good food. The pool is awesome, your kids will love the slide (adults too). We have stayed here many times over the past years and the adults seem to enjoy the slide as much as the kids. The only thing I could suggest to better this place would be more tables with umbrellas or some sort of shade for escaping the extreme heat in the summer. Location is perfect because the Ocean Walk area is next door and the boardwalk is not far past that. They have grills on the patio that you can use to cook and the place is kept really clean. After staying at hotels near by I will definitely stick with the Regency.

Room Tip: If you can get a beachfront room that is the best, but they don't promise to hold one for you. R...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Justsayin81
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at many places along the East Coast. This place is by far the BEST even compared to five star locations. The staff could not have been more accomodating. The General Manager John Betros was personable and professional. It was evident that his staff respected him, their jobs, and were completely happy. I have never been to a location where EVERYONE is so friendly and personable. This truly was one big happy family. I have stayed at fancier locations but none compare to our experience at the Daytona Beach Regency. I will be back.

Room Tip: North side ocean front
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angel06071
diamondresorts, Manager at Daytona Beach Regency, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

It is important to us that our team is helpful and considerate to all our owners, members, and guests. It is absolutely wonderful to hear that our team members surpassed that and made you feel like family! Our team members are very proud of our Resort and do their best to share their recommendations, experiences, and personality with those who visit us. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and look forward to seeing you on your next stay!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I recently stayed at Daytona Beach Regency 8/2-8/5 for my first trip to Daytona Beach, FL and it was absolutely amazing. I was very pleased with my room, which was very spacious. The entire suite was extremely large and cozy; the full kitchen was equipped with all the appliances and cookware you would need to feel like you were at home. I felt just like I was at home and didn't need to do anything but grocery shop. Everything was very clean and organized. The king size bed was so soft and plush; very comfortable!!! There was plenty of bath towels, washcloths, hand towels, and pool towels (very nice & big). The sofa bed was comfortable as well. There were flat screens in the bedroom and living area; nice central a/c unit (I NEVER HAD TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING). Everything worked the entire time. Overall, I would definitely be going back to stay longer and would recommend it to anyone that hasn't been to Daytona Beach before. There is more than you could imagine available to you here for adults and children from the tiki bar, arcade, children activities, outdoor sports on the beach, indoor bar, computers, wireless internet, cable w/ HBO, DVD/VHS players, radio, indoor and outdoor pools and jacuzzis, etc. It was just wonderful and my family and I are surely going back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JRJR09
diamondresorts, Manager at Daytona Beach Regency, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for posting your review. We're very glad to hear that our accommodations, amenities, activities, and location met or exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon, and feel confident that your next stay with us will match, if not exceed this experience.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Ran over to Daytona Beach for a day from Orlando with the family and got a two bedroom for the night. Very spacious and well appointed. Nice pool area with easy access to the beach. Steel drum band by the pool area was nice that night. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Looking forward to the next visit. This a timeshare property, more than likely you will end up with a view of the hotel next door as I'm sure the ocean facing rooms are taken by the members.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank berlinfan82
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed at the Daytona Beach Regency from 7/22 -7/27/12. The room itself was well appointed with a full, well-equipped kitchen, thick towels in the bathroom, and a comfy bed. Fortunately, we had a northern view, and the view from the large windows in the bedroom was beautiful! Four complaints: 1) Bird droppings on the balcony. I notified the staff, and they came up, but only did a minimal job cleaning the droppings. There was no way anyone would want to sit in either chair even after the cleaning. 2) The cleaning staff did not clean around our toilet, and it smelled of urine. We notified the front desk, and they sent deodorizing spray. It did not help. 3) Our room was not cleaned the entire time we were there. We were told our room would be cleaned on Wednesday. Didn't happen. We had to call the front desk and ask for towels just to get a shower before 6 PM. 4) The pool and pool area were FILTHY. The pool was being cleaned on Monday morning, 7/23. When we left, the pool area had not been touched again, other than trash cans were emptied. The pool had scum around the tiles, diaper crystals (the crystals disposable diapers have in them to absorb moisture), bird feathers, and bugs adorning it. The sand was not washed off at the beach showers during this entire time. On a good note: 1) The Tiki Bar was SUPER! The staff was friendly, and the food was delicious! 2) The fitness center was very well appointed. 3) The underground, gated parking was safe and secure. Overall, I probably would not stay here again, for the money/points, unless I knew that the above mentioned issues were worked on. Thanks!

Room Tip: North side rooms! The south side rooms overlook dumpsters and the adjoining hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MinkieWoo
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The room was very spacious, nice lg bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, and super comfy bed. Wasnt crazy about the view of the dumpsters, but that was the only down side. Great tiki bar. Super nice staff and very accomodating. The hotel was ideally located.

• Stayed: June 2012