“On the Beach for Thanksgiving! Gorgeous Room! What's not to like?”

Daytona Beach Regency
Ranked #33 of 98 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Daytona Beach, Florida
“On the Beach for Thanksgiving! Gorgeous Room! What's not to like?”
Reviewed December 3, 2007

Loved it!! Loved it! Loved it! I was small and cozy compared to the bustling resort next door, but we had the place pretty much at peace and not to crowded. The room was huge for a 1 bedroom and we all fit (5 of us) and we had 2 balcony's with a partial ocean view and a view of the street. During Thanksgiving week old time cars drive up and down the mainstreet and we could see it from our balcony. As well as the beach was right there...what else could you want? I guess maid service. You don't get maid service here...this is a timeshare resort. However, you also in walking distance to the mall. You have 1 outdoor pool and 1 indoor pool. We roasted marshmellows at the fire pit. The outdoor pool was not heated (that was a dissappointment), so we mainly used the indoor pool. This time of year is called "Red Tide" so some people may experience couphing, runny nose and tearing eyes..but none of us experienced it and my son has asthma...

• Liked — Location! Rooms!
  • Disliked — They virtually have no activities during Holidays
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank lprstn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
minneapolis
Reviewed November 8, 2007

When I checked into my room, there was a burn mark in the carpet. This did not bother me very much, as I was planning on spending most of the time on the beach with my family.

However, when I got home from my trip, I noticed an extra $575 charge on my credit card from the hotel. I called and talked to John Betros, the general manager, and he accused me of personally causing the burn mark in the carpet. He was extremely rude to me, and treated me like a criminal. He refused to even acknowledge the possibility that the burn was caused by a previous tenant, or a member of the hotel staff. He has refused to give me a refund. I would never stay at this hotel again.

Stayed September 2007
Boston
Reviewed August 26, 2007

I recently stayed there in August. I was on my honeymoon. The week was going good. The condos are big in size and very spacy. The light over the bathtub burned out a day before we left and I had to flick the circuit breaker at times to get the AC going in the room. The worst part was that our DIGITAL CAMERA WAS TAKEN FROM OUR ROOM during our stay. It was taken anywhere from the last night we were there (8-12-07) until about 2pm the day we left (8-13-07) I know this camera was taken by someone with access to the room seeing that the doors lock automatically when they shut and I personally always check the door when I leave. I remember clearly that the camera was in the living room next to the couch. This is the story of my missing camera. We spent Sunday (8-12-07) next to the pool. I remember I took some pictures of my wife going down the hotel slide at approximately 5pm and not more than 5 minutes later we decided to go back to our room. My wife was feeling a little under the weather ( too much sun) so she layed down on the bed and I sat on the living area couch where I was reviewing our pictures of the week and thinking of how much fun we had. Shortly after looking at the pictures. I placed the camera next to the couch. I then grabbed my wallet, left the hotel and went accross the street to the stores to pick up some post cards and a few souvineers. I then returned to the condo to see how my wife was feeling. She said whe was still feeling a little ill and sleepy so I decided I would go down to the tiki lounge for a little bit. My wife came down about an hour and a half later. Shortly after that we went back to the room and went to bed. Our check out was the next day. We left the room at approximately 0945hrs. We met our maid on the way to the front desk. She looked at us and asked us if we were leaving and we told her yes. She told us to come back and visit her soon. The hotel called us a taxi and we waited just outside the lobby with our luggage for about 1/2 hour until the taxi arrived. On the way to the Amtrak station I realized that I didn't pack the camera and asked my wife if she remembered packing it, she said she did not. At approximately 11am we got to the Amtrak station. We pulled our luggage out of the taxi's trunk and double checked to make sure the camera didn't fall out. We then opened our suitcases to see if the camera was in any of them. We emptied them and we found NO camera. I immediately called the front desk and told them I think I left my camera in the room and asked if they could send someone up to our room to check. I gave them my cell number and they said they would call me back in 15-20 min to let us know if they find anything. We were anxiously waiting for there call for close to an hour when I decided to call them back to get an update. They said they were in the process of getting the housekeepers to check the room and they will call us back in a little bit. I waited ANOTHER 35 MIN and got no call by this time I was a little bit irriated because all of our honeymoon pictures were on the camera. I called them back and they informed me that they had to get the security department to check the room. I waited another 15 minutes and then I decided to call them and inform them to send someone up to the room we stayed in to check for the camera right now. At this time they informed me that the housekeeping and the security checked the room and found no camera. They said they would call me if they find anything. I was irate because I knew the camera was in the room on the floor next to the couch. I told them to double check that area and after a little bit of an arguement they agreed to double check the area I mentioned (so they said). They said they would keep looking for the camera and call me if they find anything. Sometime hours later while on the train I noticed that I had a message. It was the hotel and they said that they couldn't find the camera and they did all they could I CAN'T FATHOM THE FACT THAT THE CAMERA WAS IN THE ROOM AND IT HAPPENED TO GROW LEGS AND WALK AWAY. The maid seemed friendly enough but asked us 3 or 4 times during the week when our last day was. I didn't think anything of it at that time but now that the camera was last seen the night before we left makes me suspicious. When I returned to Boston a day later I called the hotel and asked if the hotel manager was around. The receptionist said I just missed him and he just stepped out for a minute. I then asked if they found a camera in the lost and found and her attitude changed once she found out it was me calling. She didn't even check she just informed me that they did everything they could and there was nothing else possible. I asked her to have the manager call me. The next day the manager of the hotel called me. He informed me that they looked everywhere for the camera and couldn't find anything. I told him that I've been doing security work for 8 years and asked them if they checked the door readers to the room to see who went in there. I also asked him to check the cameras and see if you could find anything suscpicious. I told him that if they review the cameras he should have seen me coming into the hotel from the rear door with the camera around my neck on Sunday 8/12/07 at approximately 5pm and when I left for the stores through the front lobby without the camera around my neck at approximately 7pm. He then told me that he considered this case closed as of now and there is nothing else he could do. He said he can have security look at the cameras and let us know if they find anything. It's been 1 week and 1/2 and I haven't gotten a call yet. I will be reporting this further even though I don't care too much about the 150 dollar camera. It our HONEYMOON PICTURES THAT I MISS.

• Liked — The beach and pool
  • Disliked — Someone in the hotel is a thief. My digital camera was stolen from my room the last day before we left
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GaryCost300
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 19, 2007

We have stayed at the Daytona Beach Regency for years, and even I could not believe how great our stay was this year! Upon arriving at 12:30 pm, we were told that once we had finished speaking with the conceirge, our room should be ready - it was actually ready within 5 minutes!! By 1:15 we were completely unloaded, unpacked, and changing into swimsuits to enjoy the absolutely beautiful day that was outside! Our oceanfront room was extremely clean and well-stocked with dishes and towels. We also had a personal visit from our floor's head of cleaning staff, Matilda (who was a hoot!!) - she made sure that our room was clean all week, and that we always had extras of everything! I haven't felt so pampered in years!

We spent seven glorious days enjoying the great room, beautiful weather, relaxing and fun pool area, and the great personalities and drink-making abilities of our tiki bartenders, Sharon and Billy. This was by far the best vacation we have had - all made possible by the wonderful and caring staff at the Daytona Beach Regency! Keep up the great work!

• Liked — The great location and great staff!!
  • Disliked — There is nothing not to like!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank rags5930
TN
Reviewed July 4, 2007

My family and i just returned from a 8 day stay at the Daytona Beach Regency. We had some Sunterra Points about to expire, so we chose this hotel being it was in close driving range to TN for our 10 month old which is still too young for Disney. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The hotel was better than I had imagined. It is in a prime location next to the famous Boardwalk of Daytona Beach. Our room was absolutely beautiful. the decor was very new and modern-not like the old fashioned peach seashell decor that you see in most beach condos. We had a 1-bedroom on the 9th floor that had an amazing view. Yes, there is a condemmed hotel next door that was destroyed in the hurricane. However, while we were there they were fencing it of as if to tear it down really soon. The resort had a grat pool with a really cool waterslide. The beach access was awesome. the security was amazing with guards patrolling 24-7. There is a parking garage below the resort with a few spaces available for large vehicles at the entrance to the resort. If there wasn't one available, the security guard would make one available. Overall, the stay was amazing and we will be back. We liked it so much, we stayed an extra day. Also, we decide to sell our RCI property and purchased with Sunterra. Loved the Daytona Beach Regency!!!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank afm1229
Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2007

We just returned from a vacation in Daytona Beach, FL and we stayed at the Daytona Beach Regency. We had a great time. We were in Daytona Beach for the National Tumbling and Trampoline Competition @ the Ocean Center. One of the host hotels for the event was the Hilton, which is right across the street. Many other gym people stayed @ the Ocean Walk Resort, which is right next to the Hilton. I debated between those two hotels and read the reviews before I decided on the Daytona Beach Regency. Many of the reviews are accurate about the Ocean Walk. This property has 4000 units stacked on top of each other and there are not enough pool chairs and the elevators cannot keep up with the guests. I heard many complaints from other gym people. The Hilton is nice but it's just a room. You get so much more @ the Daytona Beach Regency. It is located right next to the Ocean Walk. It is has 11 floors and two elevators. We did not have to wait on elevators ever! It has a nice pool area. My kids loved the spiral slide into the pool. It was never soooo crowded that you couldn't find a chair. You need to wear wristbands so outsiders off the beach cannot come to your pool. Security patrolled the pool. The stairs to the beach has a gate with a combination that is given to you @ check in, again, to keep people who don't belong there out of your pool area. The outdoor hot tub was nice also. The indoor pool is small. There is also an indoor hot tub. That wasn't an issue since we spent all our time @ the outdoor pool or on the beach. The Tiki Bar is handy for drinks and food. The beach area for the Daytona Beach Regency is nice and you can walk easily down to the pier, which is just past the Hilton hotel. You can rent umbrellas from a truck that parks on the beach and sets up two lounger chairs and an umbrella. It is $25.00 per day and you keep it the whole day. He tags it with your name so no one can take it. You can also rent boogie boards and smaller folding lounge chairs from the Regency's front desk. The boogie boards were $2.00 per day or $8.00 for the week. Next door to the Regency is an old hotel that is in the process of being torn down. We heard that the property owners might make a park out of it but I find that hard to believe, it will be nice property once it's torn down. Housekeeping comes once a week if you want it. If you don’t, just tell them when the knock and they will give you fresh towels or kleenex or anything you need. There is shampoo and soap in the bathroom. The rooms......they were great! It was like staying in an apartment. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom. It was so worth the extra money we paid for the 2 bedroom. It was huge! We had 4 adults and 2 kids and we had plenty of room. It gave you some space since there was a TV in the living room and in each bedroom. The couch in the living room is a sofa bed. There is a full kitchen and everything you need in it. A full size fridge, stove, microwave, sink, dishwasher and kitchen table and chairs. The 2nd bedroom and bathroom can be shut off by a door. There is a mini kitchen in that room also. A small fridge and microwave with sink and stove. We did not have an ocean front, which was not a big deal. The ocean front rooms usually go to the owners. We got a call about attending a timeshare meeting. They offered to give each couple a $100 visa gift card and a 3 day/2night stay for a future stay. We went and it was on the 11th floor @ our hotel. You did not leave or go to another location anytime during the presentation. They showed you some of their remodeled penthouse apartments (which are beautiful) and gave you their whole timeshare points system spiel. It was interesting but we were not buying. We told them no and had no hassles. The presentation lasted 90 minutes and they stuck right to that timeframe. We left with gift card in hand and coupon for another stay and we have our choice between 9 different places to stay. It was worth it so if they call you to go, they are very flexible on times and days, pick one and go! No line for check in and the front desk staff was very friendly. The concierge was very nice also. They really are there to make you happy. Across the street are gift shops. There is the Starlight Diner, IHOP, Dominos, Napolis Italian food, Baskin Robins Ice Cream all close by. Papa Johns also delivers to your room. We walked to the Ocean Walk shops and there wasn't much there as far as shopping. There were restaurants and bars, ice cream and a few shops. My daughter got her hair braided in the "square ". There was an artist painting names with pictures which was so cool. If you walk a little bit further, there are arcade games and a huge bungee ball ride. On the beach, nearby the Regency, you can buy food from a vendor and they have everything. Cheesy fries, hamburgers, etc. Just a few feet away from that you can parasail, which we did that too. There is another ride that a jet ski takes on a long tube ride. The hotel was just in a great location. It looks so small sitting next to the Ocean Walk but let me tell you, bigger isn't always better. The lobby was beautiful. Gold leather chairs, chandeliers, a big bouquet of flowers in the center. There were vending machines in the hotel which sell food, ice cream and amenities like tide and bounce, a game room with arcade games, air hockey and pool table, 2 washer and dryers on each floor to use free of charge. There was a drink lounge that you passed on your way out to the pool. There was a small fitness room also. The amenities you get with this hotel are unbeatable. We were so happy our entire stay. If you have an event @ the Ocean Walk, it is just a short walk. Lots to look @ while walking. We shared a 12 passenger van with another group from the airport and it cost us 15.00 each. (30.00 total for the ride). I hope this information is helpful if you are trying to decide on a hotel in Daytona Beach. I give this place 5 stars!!!!

• Liked — Pool area with slide and location on the beach
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank lisab21
Cold Vermont
Reviewed April 8, 2007

I type this after being back home in Vermont for a week - back in the land of clouds, snow, maple syrup and mud season. Our last family vacation was 10 yrs previous (also to Florida). The week we spent at the Daytona Beach Regency was so wonderful - I checked out reviews of the hotel ahead of time, and found someone so upset because of some pigeon droppings on the deck. So what! At least it's not ten inches of snow!! We won our week's stay at the hotel on Ebay. After two days of driving 700 miles, the girl at the service desk was so pleasant and nice. She was happy to meet her first person from Vermont, and had not ever experienced an air temperature cooler than 40F. Our 10 yr old daughter was stung by a jellyfish her first 20 minutes in the water - the manager was very helpful with vinegar and advice. We all spent much time in the very clean pool, and the kids all loved the waterslide! We went to a music concert just 5 minutes' walk away one evening - we met another family from the Daytona area that had five children - we now have some penpals and new friends! Even though it was a "spring break" week, it worked out very well for us - the college kids were out all night and we were out all day.... The cleaning lady came just often enough with clean towels, and was fun to talk to. We found our apartment to be just right for our family size, and very clean. We didn't use many kitchen dishes - we had brought some of our own - we didn't want to break anything. We all walked the beach about twice per day. The weather was perfect. The sand was beautiful except for all the jellyfish. The place felt just like our home for our week there. We even caught ourselves calling it home toward the end of our stay!

• Liked — location (proximity to beach)
  • Disliked — street noise at night
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
#30 of 98 in Daytona Beach
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 5 in Daytona Beach Shores
Fountain Beach Resort
Fountain Beach Resort
#54 of 98 in Daytona Beach

Been to Daytona Beach Regency? Share your experiences!