“Nice stay...no complaints.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Iowa City, Iowa
“Nice stay...no complaints.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

Ok...I was VERY leary when I read about the bedbugs and the smell. The hallways did have a bit of an odor, but nothing too offensive. I really have no real complaints about the resort. The room could have been a little cleaner and I wished they would've had pool side service...that's about it. It wouldn't be fair to the resort to compare it against a 5-star Hilton...that's like comparing apples to oranges. This was a nice cheap stay that I needed to burn a week for my timeshare. I had a 2-bedroom suite. Very spacious.

I thought the Tiki bar was great. Not too expensive and you can charge it to your room. If my children (10 & 12) would've been with me...they would have loved it. The resort is right on the ocean. Go...have a great time and enjoy the sunshine!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Emsasnyder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Byron, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

I read all the reviews so I went into this rental a little skeptical. We were given a large condo (#601) at check in that was not ocean front. We had requested ocean front. The condo was large and clean however there was a musty smell in the living room as other travelers have noted. The living room view from this room was of the Wyndham Parking garage. You could see the ocean if you leaned over the rail and looked towards the East. The view from the bedroom was a little better but not much. Since this condo is in the front of the building there was street noise 24/7. A lot of sirens and motorcycles. The pool area was nice as well as the beach. The staff were very efficient and friendly. The only way I would return would be if I was guaranteed Ocean Front, I would never stay in a unit that was along the street side.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank JpRey1987
OHIO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

Like many we have traveled to many different areas of the world and was reluctant on staying at this property based on all of the reviews we read. Trust me, we read them all! The price was so valuable we were willing to gamble and we are so glad that we did!

Check in: Went very well. Our flight arrived early and our room wasn't available but we were given an access key to roam the property.

Room: Our room was not ocean front as we had requested but it was ocean view (1007/1007A). I am not sure how you go about getting these as I was told there is only (9) available total. When we went up to our room housekeeping was cleaning an ocean front next to ours so we did wonder why we couldn't have been placed there as a family arrived after we did and received that room. Putting that aside... I will say our view was still great and the room was VERY clean and NO odors as others have mentioned. The place was extremely roomy and was stocked with everything you need for a vacation. The linens, kitchen accessories, pots/pans, blender, toaster, coffee maker. Full size refrig/stove in the main kitchen and half sized appliances in the second kitchen. It was every thing we needed and more. We even had a hot tub in our room and our own bathroom while the kids had their own separate room/bathroom which was fantastic! The place was fantastic for the value... seriously this 2 bedroom suite was amazing!!

Pools: Inside pool is very small but it works for the little ones... hot tub is nice...
Outside pool is not large but it certainly accommodated everyone. Please be mindful the pool slide is NOT for small children without supervision. My husband was not a big fan of the inability to "catch" your child at the end of the slide as the current was hard to work through. Kids love it but be cautious.

Lounge chairs: Very nice chairs.. only complaint is the lack of umbrellas in this area. If you sat next to the bar you were fine but if one party wanted to lay out in the sun and the other wanted shade you had to separate...

Gas grills: Located on the patio for your own personal usage.. Fantastic idea!

Tiki bar: Good food and reasonably priced...

Activities: This was great... for a very small fee your children could participate in activities.. kids loved it.. and they had things for adults too

Beach: AWESOME.. AWESOME.. AWESOME! Very clean.. and we spent a lot of time here with the kids.. We did rent the umbrella/chairs from beach vendors just to get the umbrella. It's $30 a day but for us it was worth it as the kids wanted the sand/ocean but we had to have some shade too.

Food vendors on the beach... Very clean/nice... but food is a little bit pricey... typical picnic foods.. burgers/fries/dogs/soda

Safety: We felt VERY safe and never had any concerns in the property, on the beach, or walking the strip. We had (3) small children with us and never once felt insecure.

Staff: Very friendly... always spoke and smiled at you! Job well done!

Elevators.. It's true as most reviews read.. they are super slow and if your room is on the 10th floor like ours.. kind of hard to truck up 10 flights with 3 little peeps at toe but it wasn't horrible by any means.

All in all this was a fantastic vacation and we would certainly go back without hesitation! Caution... it's obviously a hot spot for spring breakers... We arrived 3/30 and returned 4/7 and it was perfect because college season was "over"....

We would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: You definately want the NORTH side of hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank suzsmith40
LIttleton, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

We arrived for our room at 3pm on March 30, 2011. We had reserved and paid two months in advance for a 2 bedroom 2 Bath suite. When we checked into our room. It was only a one bedroom suite and did not have enough beds for the five of us. My 8 year old daughter had to sleep in two chairs putted together, and I had to sleeop on the pull out sofa bed with by daugther. My husband and step son sleep in the room with the king six bed. Next morning the moved us to the correct two bedroom suite. We walked in the room smelled odd, but look descent. We stayed the night. The next morning he had about 50 bed bug bites all over his body! WE will NEVER return to this hotel!

Room Tip: If the room smells, check it for bed begs!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank VIGIL48
diamondresorts, General Manager at Daytona Beach Regency, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Rest assured that our units are thoroughly cleaned and inspected prior to assigning the room for occupancy by our guests. In the unlikely event of any service issues we encourage our guests to contact us and notify us of each and every situation. We have reviewed our records and spoken with the team, but in this specific instance, we have no reports of bed bugs in any of our rooms, nor calls for service on this issue or even complaints during the stay or after departure.

Daytona Beach is thoroughly inspected for bed bugs quarterly, as are all our resorts, and our team members have extensive training programs in place to manage any incidences on the rare occasion that they are identified.

We hope that this assures any futures guests we have staying or considering vacationing at our resort, and we look forward to welcoming you to Daytona!

Should there be any questions or concerns, please email ------------.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

I recently stayed a week at the Daytona Beach Regency and I was pleased with just about everything. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen, living room, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a jacuzzi. We also had a kitchen table right off the kitchen. Not that big but a nice touch. We had a flat panel big screen tv in the living room and a tv in each of the bedrooms. The room was very nice. Had all good updated appliances and cookware. The only negative was the room could have been cleaner. The bathtubs looked they had barely been cleaned. The hallways had a smell to them. Also the elevator was very slow. But the pool area was my favorite part. It had a very large pool area right on the beach that included a tikki bar and grill area along with a large pool with a water slide. During the day they had activities like, hula hoop contests, volleyball games, swimming races, contests, etc. There was also a DJ that played from like 1-4 several days while we were there. Kinda nice atmosphere while you are lounging by the pool. Also it was nice to have a security staff there guarding the grounds. Very nice guys. Overall I think I would stay there again. Just maybe bring me a bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles with me.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank KittyCrazy
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

We are Floridians and wanted a little getaway. The hotel is a great location... right next to the Ocean Walk complex and on the section of the beach where driving is not allowed. The pool area and "tiki" bar was a nice place to relax and enjoy being at the beach. We got a great rate through a wholesaler, and that was really the reason we booked this location. It is a timeshare, which is not necessarily a bad thing, just might be good for people to know in case that is something that is important to them. The "concierge" is helpful, but is paid to book the open house for the timeshare, again, not a big deal, but for some folks may be nice to know.
The biggest problem was the smell. OUR ROOM SMELLED SO BAD! I had read reviews mentioning the same problem, and I thought of brining along something to help just in case, now I wish I had. The smell must be from smoke or mildew, or both. Our clothes and luggage smelled bad upon resturning home. We stayed two nights which would be the most I would recommend. We did complain about the smell and politely asked if there was anything that could be done. Nothing ever was even though they said they would do something.
We did have a great view and again the pool area was nice. Overall, I would only recommend staying here if you get a darn good rate, doing a short getaway, and if you do not expect too much. It's not that bad, and there are certain standards that generally have to be lowered when traveling to Daytona, it was average.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HometownOrlandoGirl
Oshawa, ON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

When we checked in the receptionist mentioned that we might not have wifi in our room and we didn't. The next day another receptionist told us that they are having problems with the wifi on one side of the building and they just ordered the parts. Good...so no wifi in the room for this vacation...Another issue was the pigeons and the pigeons sh-- on our balcony. We didn't address this issue, considering that the maintenance staff was supposed to clean the balcony as well not just the room. The table and the chairs were all covered in sh--...great; so we couldn't use the balcony, either. With all this, we still tried to enjoy our vacation and what I called "my million dollar view" - the ocean.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family