“Jeep Beach Week At The Shores”

The Shores Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Jackson, California
“Jeep Beach Week At The Shores”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Once again we absolutely loved our stay at the Shores during Jeep Beach week and we look forward to staying there again next year. We especially enjoy the staff and their friendly service, our favorite is Lorrie at the Tiki Bar, who makes the most yummy beverages including her signature "Lorrie Special". We also had a great experience with the food this year and were very pleased with it. We hope that they will be the "Host" hotel again for Jeep Beach 2015!

Del & Stacie Albright

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
Mokelumne Hill, California
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Lorrie at the Tiki Bar made our trip so much fun! She's amazing. On the beach with a very clean and inviting pool area.The Shores is where we stay when in Daytona. Food, fun, sand, surf and great staff.

• Stayed April 2014
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Visited recently on vacation from Orlando. The view and staff were amazing. I will definitely be back to stay at this lovely hotel. Lori at the tiki bar was the best! She had great suggestions and her special Lori drink was amazing! Annie In room service was exceptional as well. Very friendly and sweet. The rest of the staff was ok, managers inside restaurant seemed oblivious to what was going on so I stuck to ordering room service and visiting Lori at the tiki bar. Will be back just for her!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My professional association has held two annual meetings at this location and each time we loved this place. The workers here are an efficient, friendly team who go out of their way to make your stay be the best. The food was so great, even for banquets, which at a Marriott or Hyatt would be rubber chicken. Not here! The rooms are good sized, and the balconies are beautiful. This stretch of beach is wide and clear. I can't say enough about this place. For a smallish conference--or a wedding--I don't think you could do better anywhere. Our members would like to be here every year!

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Shores. From arrival our Valet Kyle was helpful, friendly and kind. The rooms are large, with compfy beds and great views. Breakfast was great and the pool area is fantastic. I would have given the last star had we not been turned away from the resturant at dinner. They claimed to be full of reservations but only 1 table was seated. She stated they would be full until after 9. I believe they didnt want to seat us with a child. When she asked about seating us, she stated there are 3 and pointed at my son. The man Im assuming was her boss, he just stared at the computer until I said we'll go else where. They never said a word as we walked away. We planned to eat all our meals at the hotel, but after this we ate else where the rest of our stay. I would come back again, but would plan to eat off site.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for only one day after getting off a cruise in Port Canaveral, FL. It's a beautiful location. We booked a partial ocean front view which was a delight because we were in the 10th floor and got a great view of the river also. The room was very spacious and clean. I see ppl commenting that the rooms look worn, but there is a deliberate rustic/home-y feel to the rooms that I appreciated. We were give a s'mores kit to use at the fire pits but the weather did not permit use of those. We didn't get to enjoy the pool or beach, but everything looked great. We would have taken advantage of the spa and gotten mani/pedi's but the first appt available was right at the 11am check out the next morning. Valet parking was $17 but we'll worth it. Be advised that there is a hidden resort fee of $30 that they don't mention until checkout, which is not cool. We skipped dining in the Azure restaurant and went to Riptide- (go there to find my review). I wish the weather had been better and our stay could have been longer, but overall the experience was great.

• Stayed May 2014
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have stayed at The Shores about 5 times over the last 3 years and it is my favorite hotel on Daytona Beach. The wood paneled lobby and bar are beautiful and the restaurant is fabulous. The rooms have a resort feel with canopy beds, dressing tables and fully stocked snacks and beverages that are priced reasonably if you get the munchies. The pool area is beautiful and I love making smores by the fire pit. Also, the crab cakes benedict are my absolute favorite for breakfast and I get them every time I stay at The Shores.

I have always received excellent customer service at The Shores, but I am was disappointed with room service during my last stay, hence my 4 star review instead of 5. It took nearly 2 hours from the time I placed my order until I received it--and that was after reaching room service voicemail over 6 times and calling the front desk twice. Finally, I had to go down to the front desk in person to address the issue. I will say that I was very impressed with Nancy, who worked at the front desk. She listened to my concerns and ultimately helped me get my order delivered--she even made sure the meal was taken off of my bill at checkout as a courtesy for the long wait. I would also like to commend the valet staff who go above and beyond the call of duty. They are quick to give you a cold bottle of water upon departure and everyone is always smiling! Kyle was especially courteous and helpful with my car and bags upon arrival.

The only other disappointment during my last visit, and another reason for 4 stars instead of 5, was the huge crowd of men in the bar area who were with a trucker's convention or something similar. I don't blame the hotel for the macho male behavior exhibited while I entertained customers at dinner, but I would recommend calling the hotel and asking if they have any conventions booked and what type if you are planning a family or romantic getaway. This is first time I have run into such a crowd staying there and it definitely put a damper on the relaxing vibe that I usually get when I stay there. Overall, however, this hotel is a great place to stay, just be sure you are aware of any major events in town or at the hotel during your stay.

Room Tip: Go for oceanfront if you can afford the extra cost and ask for an updated room.